What's your favorite souvenier from WDW.

maryszhi

A few years ago my boyfriend bought me a white pillow that had a cinderella slipper that velcro'd onto the top of it.. the pillow has white bows at each corner and in pink writing it says " and they lived happily ever after"..

best gift ive ever gotten!
i have that!!!!!!!!!! i love it, i also would like to add to the list stuff toys, i love them
i also collect the parisalls

disney9752

i think my fave item is this really awesome jacket from disneyland from the farewell season of THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE in 96. it has some awesome pix of some of the floats, just sux its to hot to wear in fl most of the year...:hammer:

My favorite is the one I use almost everyday. It's a Mickey Mouse coffee mug done in a really vintage coffee-shop style and it says things like "Theme Perks" on it. Excellent design! There was a set of them but I only bought one. Now I wish I had bought the whole set.

Does anyone know if they still sell these?

Tinkerbella16

Every year it is a ritual to buy a WDW hoodie with the year on it.

I love love love the tinkerbell mug I bought for myself last year, I drink my tea every morning at work in it since I got it.

A jacket that we bought from the Italy pavilion from like 1995, I still have it. It says "It all began with a Dream" on the back in italian.

Nothing big, but little things that mean a lot to me...

sophie_the_pooh

I have this tradition that I always get a new plush on every trip to WDW! My favorite is the first one my parents got me on our first trip to WDW (about 20 years ago!). It's a medium sized Minnie Mouse plush, with her red and white dress; I fell in love with her the first day of our trip and carried her around the whole week long!

krueg66

Fridge magnets! I love them. I have them from all over the world, but my favorites and the ones I keep up front are the Disney magnets. I have a couple of really nice ones of the castle, mouseears, characters, etc.
Also, Christmas ornamets. Every year when I decorate the tree, each ornament brings back a special memory of a particular trip.:xmas:

YES...fridge magnets! We get one from every resort we stay in...of course not all of them have the magents anymore. I need a Contemporary, French Quarter and Carribean... :(

I think my wife would say her Chesire Cat coffee mug...i always laugh when I see her drinking coffee and his butt is sticking out the side of the mug!!! :lol:

YankeesFan

First time I went was in back in 1996. On that trip, my girfriend (now my wife) bought me a gold Mickey watch. Since then I've been buying watches each trip we go down. We're heading down next month, so I think instead of adding another watch to our collection, my 4 year old will get his first Mickey watch!

krueg66

First time I went was in back in 1996. On that trip, my girfriend (now my wife) bought me a gold Mickey watch. Since then I've been buying watches each trip we go down. We're heading down next month, so I think instead of adding another watch to our collection, my 4 year old will get his first Mickey watch!

I always try to find the Mickey Yankees pin when we are there but they are always sold out!!! Perhaps because the Yankees are so sweet??? (well, not so much this year yet...) :brick:

Foolish1

Gee, this is a tough one. In no particular order:

Several (mint) unused ticket books from the late 1970's (uncle brought back)
Jack Skellington watch (limited edition of 200, 150 given to crew) (comes in a coffin box)
T-shirt from opening day for Animal Kingdom
Limited edition mug from opening day for DAK
Limited edition poster from opening day for DAK (VERY NEAT)
Limited edition poster from very last performance of MSEP (1991?)

Of course, I could also list the uncut roll of *PLASTIC* (test) tickets I have.
Maybe I shouldn't list that one. :rolleyes:

The guide maps from the 1980's back when they were something worth collecting.

One thing I have that is kind of neat, back in the early 1980's EPCOT Center had these passports. They were handed out for free, and you could take them to cast members in each country and get your passport stamped. I managed to get two completely stamped. Was a lot of work, but it was neat.

Heck, just having a ticket from the early 1980's for EPCOT Center that was stamped with the date, and stated my parents paid $16 for admission is interesting now. If only we had thought ahead and bought like a hundred of them knowing they would be good forever, and that prices would be 4 times that now.

I have loads of photos, as others have stated. But for about ten years my brother worked for WDW. So I managed to get a lot of behind the scenes photos too. Some are kind of pointless, while others are interesting.

Oh, I do have one photo that means something to me, but nobody else. When in the audience for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, I was playing along. The contestant on stage gave a wrong answer, and then they called time for end of the 30 minute show. They then showed the top ten or twenty scores. Lo and behold, I was #1 on the list. Had they not called time I would have been in the hot seat. So, I took a picture of the score board.

OK, this list was longer and wordier than I thought. Time to end it...

YankeesFan

I always try to find the Mickey Yankees pin when we are there but they are always sold out!!! Perhaps because the Yankees are so sweet??? (well, not so much this year yet...) :brick:

Get out! I've never seen a Mickey Yankee pin! That'll be one of my things to try and find next trip. Any idea which store would most likely have them? I'm assuming World of Disney or Team Disney (I think that's what the sports apparel store is called).

Thanks for the tip! And by the way, I feel your pain....Hopefully the Yanks will wake up soon!

krueg66

Get out! I've never seen a Mickey Yankee pin! That'll be one of my things to try and find next trip. Any idea which store would most likely have them? I'm assuming World of Disney or Team Disney (I think that's what the sports apparel store is called).

Thanks for the tip! And by the way, I feel your pain....Hopefully the Yanks will wake up soon!

The big pin trader store at downtown had the other teams but not the Yankees...my wife has one, I let her have the last one we found. Yeah, check Team Mickey as well. Basically anywhere they have sports-related pins. ESPN Club store too???

Here's a picture... http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1571L.jpg
(funny Mickey is pitching, right??? I wonder if he can because we could use him!!!)

I have a feeling this may be the season we miss out on October baseball but we'll see? They've proven me wrong before!!! GO YANKEES!!!

jessicaj

I love my watch I got as a gift from my wedding planner. It has a castle on it. I won't even wear it all the time becasue I am scared I will loose or break it.

I also love our stick-people family members with mickey ears on them. We have them on the back of our mini van and always get stopped in parking lots by people wondering were we got them. My reply is always "The happiest place on earth!"

Mybails

A picture of Mickey and Walt in an antique car in front of the castle with a metal etched Walt signature under it that I got in DS last year. It hangs in our family room. It reminds us every day of the magic that the partnership created.

YankeesFan

Thanks. I have tickets to the last regular home game at the Stadium. I'd rather not see that game be the actual last game. I agree with you...how could they not still be playing in October?

We better get back on topic....not too many Yankee lovers out there!!!
Thanks again for the suggestions on the pin!

jjgoo

My favortie is easy. I like the magnets with the year on them. I get one every year I go though they are sometimes hard to find. I have even asked friends and co-workers in years that I was not able to <gasp> go to WDW to pick me up the year magnet for that year.

I love 'em.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom