What's your favorite souvenier from WDW.

Yankees Pin

Hey Yankees Fan...
They have a phone # (407)-363-6200, this is disney merchandise... if you tell them that you are looking for the yankees pin instead of waiting til you go again, they might be able to get it to you.

DisneyFan1003

I've got two that top my list...
1. T-shirt and button from the MK 25th anniversary - dated Oct 1, 1996. At the time, they said you could only get them that day in the MK (not sure if that's true or not, but we didn't see them for the rest of our trip!) That was such a cool day to be in the MK...I think of it whenever I see those momentos!

2. Steamboat Willie sketch from the Main St. artist - I've always wanted one and last trip my wife bought me one as a surprise. I'm hoping for another next month! :animwink:

RiversideBunny

I have a 'Veteran of the Day' pin that they gave me when I helped take down the flag in the Magic Kingdom a few years ago.
It was my wife's idea; she signed me up at city hall.

After we marched off with the flag, a Disney manager in a suit came over and gave me a certificate and the pin. He said to hold onto it because they are rare.

:)

krueg66

Hey Yankees Fan...
They have a phone # (407)-363-6200, this is disney merchandise... if you tell them that you are looking for the yankees pin instead of waiting til you go again, they might be able to get it to you.

You can just call and ask for things? Like my missing resort fridge magnets???:eek:

KingStefan

Hi, first post.

My favorite by far is the Pirate rifle I got at the MK in 1975, when I was 4 (got a few other pirate guns over the next few years). I played with it like crazy and still have it, despite having moved about 8 times since then. I get all warm and fuzzy when I see that they still sell essentially the same guns there now. Great stuff. I accumulated many more souveneirs since then but none have topped that.

Hi, and welcome to the these forums! I hope you like it here!

I wonder if you realize that you have awakened a sleeping thread! That's always fun, and I'm glad you did, because I have a favorite souvenir.

At the gift shop in CSR, one night only, there was a table set up selling jewelry custom made from chains of various kinds with mickey-ear-shaped doodads, and I had a bracelet made for DW. I was told that normally you can only buy that stuff on the cruises, but they were experimenting with selling it at the WDW resorts - one night only per week per resort. Don't know whether they still do it.

Swood35

2. Steamboat Willie sketch from the Main St. artist - I've always wanted one and last trip my wife bought me one as a surprise. I'm hoping for another next month! :animwink:

I got one of those on my last trip, and I absolutely love it! Along with that, my other favorite would have to be my Mickey Test Track antenna topper, with the crash test orange and black pattern.

tigger248

You can just call and ask for things? Like my missing resort fridge magnets???:eek:

Yup! That number is the number to merchandise guest services and you can basically call and purchase almost anything they sell in the gift shops and have it shipped to your home. The only things I know of that they don't allow mail order on is the limited edition pins (I would imagine that anything else limited is also excluded). Shipping fees can be pricy but in return you don't have to pay any sales tax so it kinda balances out.

Every trip we go to the Art of Disney store in DTD and my DH and I each get hand drawn pictures of our favourite characters.. We are up to 6 and hopefully we will be getting more.. We have Stitch, Mr. Incredible, Jedi Mickey, Sully and Mike, Mickey and Minnie (in renaissance garb) and Jack Skellington!

KingStefan

...Heck, just having a ticket from the early 1980's for EPCOT Center that was stamped with the date, and stated my parents paid $16 for admission is interesting now. If only we had thought ahead and bought like a hundred of them knowing they would be good forever, and that prices would be 4 times that now...

Or, instead of paying $1,600 for 100 tickets back then, you could have invested it in the stock market, and that stock would now be worth over $18,000 (even in this declining market - $21,000 if you sold last October). How many MYW tickets will that buy now?

Fun2BFree

Or, instead of paying $1,600 for 100 tickets back then, you could have invested it in the stock market, and that stock would now be worth over $18,000 (even in this declining market - $21,000 if you sold last October). How many MYW tickets will that buy now?

Err... told? :lookaroun

At any rate, the username Foolish1 might be warranted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom