What's with these people!?!?!

Ralphlaw

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but why are the Brazilians so uniquely obnoxious? Is it in the culture? Is it a herd mentality? Are they a bunch of spoiled rich kids who get away with anything at home? And where do they stay? I certainly don't want to be down the hall from them.

What a tough balance. The CMs are there to let everyone have a great time, but the loud behavior of a few can ruin the trip for so many others. How does Disney please everyone in such a situation?

drossjr

Last time I was at Disney, our last night was ruined! There was a MASSIVE group of teenagers running around the park screaming out songs, and clapping along too. We were simply trying to have a peaceful night at the Magic Kingdom, but this group would not be quiet. The worst was when we were waiting to ride BTMR. As you know, the queue for that ride is very compact. We stood and waited in line for nearly 40 minutes, and the group was in line right behind us. No joke, the entire 40 minutes they SCREAMED and clapped without rest. It was fun at first, but after a while it was too much. Once we finally reached the train, close to 10 of the girls pushed past my family with force so that they could get on the ride together.

Long story short, it was not a pleasant ending to what was an awesome week at Disney!

Do any of you guys know what kind of group this was, and what their deal was? Do they visit the parks often...I'll be there June 4 to 11 and am hoping to avoid this again! :lol:

sounds like the brazilian tour groups to me, they constantly scream, sing, clap and wave their flags around the whole damn day. They make riding the buses miserable and increase wait times on rides because they go on the same rides together and they are in large numbers, they are also exteremly rude from my personal experiences.

They seem to go to WDW in July, August time because thats winter time in their country.

Next time you get forceable pushed by in line by another guest tell the ride attendent. It happened to us a few years back and we were given a special fast pass good or anytime and anyride, we choose Space Mtn it was awesome!!!!

BrerFrog

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but why are the Brazilians so uniquely obnoxious? Is it in the culture? Is it a herd mentality? Are they a bunch of spoiled rich kids who get away with anything at home? And where do they stay? I certainly don't want to be down the hall from them.

What a tough balance. The CMs are there to let everyone have a great time, but the loud behavior of a few can ruin the trip for so many others. How does Disney please everyone in such a situation?

I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that they are Brazilians, but I may be biased on this one. I think it is a really simple equation, pack a large group of teenagers together and chaos will naturally ensue. The reason why those large groups are usually related to Brazil is because we are apparently the only country in the world that has developed a culture to send large tour groups of teenagers to WDW, usually to celebrate their 15th birthday. However, if other countries did the same with as much frequency the results would be nearly the same, I believe.

And they usually stay either on Pop Century or All-Star, by the way.

Ralphlaw

I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that they are Brazilians, but I may be biased on this one. I think it is a really simple equation, pack a large group of teenagers together and chaos will naturally ensue. The reason why those large groups are usually related to Brazil is because we are apparently the only country in the world that has developed a culture to send large tour groups of teenagers to WDW, usually to celebrate their 15th birthday. However, if other countries did the same with as much frequency the results would be nearly the same, I believe.

Thanks for the education. I do know that many large American and Canadian school groups come to Disney, but I have never heard the same complaints as those against the Brazilians. Maybe their caffeine intake is greater.

chase!

I'm sure grad night is very similar. Though, the clapping and screaming doesn't bother me. I expect ahead of time that when I go, people will be excited and experiencing something for the first time any maybe the last time in their lives.

Cutting the lines though, that sucks.

glee

A brazillian girl went for me once at our old hotel because i asked them...POLITELY may i add, to please wait for people to get out of the lift until cramming themselves in. She went for me whilst her friends "Held her back" once free she came up to me., i just stood there confused and slightly amused by her over reaction and she just walked away in the end. :lol::hammer: Also she must have been cussing at me in brazilian because she sounded angry. lol.

My parents (who were with me the whole time!!!) Complained in the end. :lookaroun:hammer:

StingraySam

Thanks for the education. I do know that many large American and Canadian school groups come to Disney, but I have never heard the same complaints as those against the Brazilians. Maybe their caffeine intake is greater.

Well then let me be the first for you. During the first week of April, yes during spring break, we were at Hollywood Studios. As we were making our way out of the park we were practically run over by a large group of 100% american teenagers clapping and singing thier way out of the park. At first we didn't have a problem with them but after a few minutes it was quite obvious they were intentionally trying to be rude and having fun doing it.

glee

Well then let me be the first for you. During the first week of April, yes during spring break, we were at Hollywood Studios. As we were making our way out of the park we were practically run over by a large group of 100% american teenagers clapping and singing thier way out of the park. At first we didn't have a problem with them but after a few minutes it was quite obvious they were intentionally trying to be rude and having fun doing it.

I hate ignorent teenagers. They need to grow up and stop ruining peoples memories and holidays. :hammer:

Ralphlaw

Certainly any herd of excited teens can be a pain, but this isn't the first time I have seen the Brazilians singled out as the worst group for this sort of thing. I'm not trying to propagate a harmful stereotype; I'm just trying to understand the cause of it and see how the CMs balance one group's fun against the remainder's right to be free from such a ridiculous amount of obnoxious invasion. Midteens shouldn't need supervision, but one does wonder how such mobs from a single country have become so notorious for bad behavior. Culture? Poor supervision? Tolerance for rudeness? Rich kid syndrome?

Any ideas for the underlying cause of this? By the way, I traveled through parts of Europe with a group of Brazilians in their 20's many years ago, and I saw none of this in that fun-loving but respectful group of young adults. They were great, but what happened to their teenagers?

Tour Leaders

When I was there I actually enjoyed the Brazillian Groups. The singing in line was quite interesting and entertaining and I thought it made the line go easier. We didn't have any issues with cutting either.

The biggest problem was their tour leaders. About 5 of them got into different FP lines for EE and proceeded to get 100 fast passes each. Me and my sister were right behind them for like 15 minutes as they got an exorbitant amount of fastpasses. The kids were great, the adults of this particular group, not so much.

Figment632

When I was there I actually enjoyed the Brazillian Groups. The singing in line was quite interesting and entertaining and I thought it made the line go easier. We didn't have any issues with cutting either.

The biggest problem was their tour leaders. About 5 of them got into different FP lines for EE and proceeded to get 100 fast passes each. Me and my sister were right behind them for like 15 minutes as they got an exorbitant amount of fastpasses. The kids were great, the adults of this particular group, not so much.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Lucky

As we were making our way out of the park we were practically run over by a large group of 100% american teenagers clapping and singing thier way out of the park. At first we didn't have a problem with them but after a few minutes it was quite obvious they were intentionally trying to be rude and having fun doing it.

Right. I don't have a problem with "excited teenagers" whatever their nationality. But whenever a group is using strength of numbers to harass other guests, Disney security needs to get involved.

LucyintheSky

My family ran into the Brazilian groups several times when we were on summer vacation. They always irritated me, for the line cutting stuff, but mostly, because of the yelling/singing/chanting CONSTANTLY.

My mom would kind of laugh at me for getting so mad, saying, "oh they're just having fun." But it would make my blood boil that one of the things I love most about WDW is the sounds, the music, atmosphere, and these people were just completely destroying my ability to enjoy that, whenever we got stuck around them. I'd think, I came to WDW to hear the sounds of WDW, not these fools singing and chanting.

I think there should be something done when one groups' "fun" is negatively impacting other people. Unfortunately, it's been going on so long now, I doubt Disney will do anything to discourage these groups of kids (whether it's Brazilian or whatever nationality) from acting like they do.

the-reason14

sounds like the brazilian tour groups to me, they constantly scream, sing, clap and wave their flags around the whole damn day. They make riding the buses miserable and increase wait times on rides because they go on the same rides together and they are in large numbers, they are also exteremly rude from my personal experiences.

They seem to go to WDW in July, August time because thats winter time in their country.

Next time you get forceable pushed by in line by another guest tell the ride attendent. It happened to us a few years back and we were given a special fast pass good or anytime and anyride, we choose Space Mtn it was awesome!!!!

I know exactly who you guys are talking about. We seem to run into these groups every trip. I thought it was just a July/summer thing, but we've seen them in January and other months. Suprisingly, the last few trips I went on and groups I've seen, they weren't that bad. And I must admit, I have never had as bad of an experience with these groups as what I've read on these message boards. If placed in the OP's position, I probably would have told them to shut up! And if they couldn't understand it, I would have glared at them, or gave some kind of signal for them to be quiet. And the pushing and shovin/cutting, oh please dont get me started on that one. :fork:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney will do something about it if there are enough complaints, but they won't if there aren't.
+1

I'd like to think that this message board helped to get a certain asshat exhibitor banned from the Flower & Garden Festival.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom