What's with these people!?!?!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I am obviously against that idea. :lol:

Back on my CP days I would just hold my breath while the group walked by me and hope none of the noisy teenagers would see Brazil spelled on my nametag. Those were some extremely tense couple of seconds. :lookaroun
Think of i this way... if Lula keeps improving Brazil, then one day there shall be Disneyland Carioca and Disney Paulista and the CM's there will end up complaining about those "irritante adolescentes americanos."

BrerFrog

When I was there I actually enjoyed the Brazillian Groups. The singing in line was quite interesting and entertaining and I thought it made the line go easier. We didn't have any issues with cutting either.

The biggest problem was their tour leaders. About 5 of them got into different FP lines for EE and proceeded to get 100 fast passes each. Me and my sister were right behind them for like 15 minutes as they got an exorbitant amount of fastpasses. The kids were great, the adults of this particular group, not so much.

Wow! Now that is the first time I have read something like that.

LoriMistress

+1

I'd like to think that this message board helped to get a certain asshat exhibitor banned from the Flower & Garden Festival.
LOL! There needs to be a union of getting rid of huge tour groups, regardless if their from another country, or if they're a cheerleading/football group. Let's not discriminate! :p

John

I was told by my mother who is a CM at the world that for the brazilians that take this trip to Disney its a right of passage to adulthood. Its tradition for them to go on the annual trip. Most of these students come from well to do families in Brazil. In Brazil the "well to do" upper class folks take a sense of privilage. Its not uncommon in Brazil for them to "butt" up in line.

Its a culture thing. Disney has trained teachers who give classes on how they should behave and what is and isnt acceptable behavior in America. I am sure that not all are like this but think that some of them didnt listen in class. As far as the cheer teams and football teams are concerned I have experianced them being loud at times but not cutting lines on rides or at QS counters. I agree with some of the posters and think we should complain but how much do you think Disney makes on these groups? They are not ging to throw them out of the park.

I see them just doubleing their effort to educate the groups. I think that we have to accept some of their behaviour as them just being kids (being loud and clapping), and isnt that what Disney is about........just being a kid again? One of the great things about Disney is that there are lots of places you can escape to find peace and quiet.

Becky

I am obviously against that idea. :lol:

Back on my CP days I would just hold my breath while the group walked by me and hope none of the noisy teenagers would see Brazil spelled on my nametag. Those were some extremely tense couple of seconds. :lookaroun

Hi BrerFrog,
My last couple of trips, January and March, I noticed a lot of Brazialian CM's. Every single one that I spoke to were very nice :) I believe they represent most Brazialians :wave: A couple did as you did and turned to the side when tour groups came by. :lookaroun

I have noticed in the last couple of years the groups I have encountered have been much better about behavior and that many of the groups include families with younger children who are eager to ask questions about the U.S. our families etc.:)

BrerFrog

Hi BrerFrog,
My last couple of trips, January and March, I noticed a lot of Brazialian CM's. Every single one that I spoke to were very nice :) I believe they represent most Brazialians :wave: A couple did as you did and turned to the side when tour groups came by. :lookaroun

I have noticed in the last couple of years the groups I have encountered have been much better about behavior and that many of the groups include families with younger children who are eager to ask questions about the U.S. our families etc.:)

Thanks! :)

And yeah, unfortunately Brazilian CPs are very embarrassed by the things they do, and most of the times not even trying to solve the situation in Portuguese will do since most of them have the mentality that "you are from Brazil, I am from Brazil, so you will let me do anything I want". :brick:

The tour groups that are mostly consisted of families are always really nice, and talking to them is indeed great.

OklaHoops

If they are visitors to another country they need to respect the laws and the etiquette of that country. I would think Disney could step up efforts to maintain civility among the groups and the patrons at the park.:shrug:

glee

Although the majority agree that brazilian kids are trouble in the park nationality is irrelevant. I personally only complain about them because they are the only group ive had problems with. If i ever encounted american/english groups im sure they would probably be just as rude. I go to school with some awful brats! :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

devoy1701

Something we've run into over the last couple weeks has also been small groups of high schoolers breaking into a chorus ensemble...talented singing maybe, but not appropriate when we're waiting for fireworks to start or in queue for an attraction or whatnot.

Along the same lines of Tour groups who are outrageously loud or cheer teams that sing and clap all day...I didn't come to Disney to hear you sing and cheer and clap...and I do not appreciate your chorus ensemble in the middle of the Hub because it's ruining the atmosphere and drowning out the background music... so please STOP IT! :brick:

what can you do!?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Something we've run into over the last couple weeks has also been small groups of high schoolers breaking into a chorus ensemble...such as when we're waiting for fireworks to start or in queue for an attraction or whatnot.

Along the same lines of Tour groups who are outrageously loud or cheer teams that sing and clap all day...I didn't come to Disney to hear you sing and cheer and clap...and I do not appreciate your chorus ensemble in the middle of the Hub because it's ruining the atmosphere and drowning out the background music... so please STOP IT! :brick:

what can you do!?

I can think of a few things not appropriate for a family forum.

hemloc

This is all I gotta say about that:
jesus_mickey.jpg

loveofamouse

It could have been foreigners or cheerleaders or just simply high schoolers. When I was in high school, we had cheers and chants and stupid songs. Now, granted we had enough common sense not to do them for 40min in a tight queue lol

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Does anybody know when the Brazilian students start school again? I read online that it is in February, but it doesn't specify if it is the first week, middle of the month, end of the month, etc.?

I always try to plan my Disney vacation for the least crowded times possible coupled with the cooler temperatures and low humidity. We went once the week before President's Day, and I really liked that because it seemed to be low crowds and mostly just Japanese tourists, which were all very laid back and low key. This year, however, we went the last week in January and there were a ton of Brazilian tour groups and it made the parks really crowded some days.

Is the first week in Feb. a good bet? How about the first week in December? Will there be a ton of tour groups then?

We have been there mid-December, and over the week around MLK. The tour groups seemed heavier in January than they did in December.....

mousebymarriage

I don't think all groups of teens are a problem in Disney. We have been to Disney and experienced the Brazilian tour groups and unfortunately I must agree that they were unbelievably loud with the chanting and clapping. they were also very rude not just cutting in line but, coming up to stand in front of people at the very last minute during the parades.

Now, I have seen some of that same behavior from American cheer/dance groups but, not as often.

Our most recent trip was this past Feb (6th-13th) and we encountered a tour group of teen girls from Argentina (that's what their flag and backpacks said). This was a fairly large group but, I have to say that they were one of the most well behaved and organized groups I have ever seen. They stayed together, no running or line cutting. No clapping or yelling, I did hear them chant once but, it was not loud at all. Their chaperones were with them at all times and seemed to always be checking on their behavior etc. I ran into this group quite a few times and they always seem to be extremely well behaved (their parents should be very proud).

On this trip we also encountered many, many cheer/dance groups and again they seemed to be well behaved. Not loud or rude, no running etc. They were not always chaperoned but still behaved, overall a wonderful group of kids.
I have to admit I was a bit worried when I realized we would be there during a cheer/dance competition because in the past there were some problems but, this time I was pleasantly surprised.

rustysgirl

o my are they annoying! definitely brazilians. i have to agree with everyone else that they are very rude, cutting in line, jumping in front of u and when u try to move past them they just stand there. :fork: we've been in the first week of December & the last week of January & the groups were abundant. so i guess they are there all year round making everyones trip fantastic no matter when u go. u just can't avoid em. i'll never forget sitting and waiting for fantasmic to start & listening to the chanting for over an hour. NONSTOP. you'd think they'd stop for air or something haha but no! i had a migraine by the time the show started. i just don't get why they don't make them be quiet. they are ruining not just mine, but apparently lots of other people's disney experiences. i'm sure theres been plenty of complaints but still nothing. i get they want to have fun, but so do i, and i cant do that with annoying yellers/chanters/rude groups of teenagers constantly yelling in my ear. :brick: sorry i'm done. just had to vent. =) but seriously they should do something to make them behave and act like human beings on vacation not wild animals disturbing other people. ok i'm really done this time!

drossjr

I know exactly who you guys are talking about. We seem to run into these groups every trip. I thought it was just a July/summer thing, but we've seen them in January and other months. Suprisingly, the last few trips I went on and groups I've seen, they weren't that bad. And I must admit, I have never had as bad of an experience with these groups as what I've read on these message boards. If placed in the OP's position, I probably would have told them to shut up! And if they couldn't understand it, I would have glared at them, or gave some kind of signal for them to be quiet. And the pushing and shovin/cutting, oh please dont get me started on that one. :fork:

I hear ya, I dont plan on putting up with their crap this time around on my honeymoon :fork:

we usually go in the summer but the worst is when the person holding the flag for the tour group gets in line right in front of you then "tries" to let the entire group of 30 some people go in front of them. NO WAY that's not happening. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom