What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

GingerGirl3

This might be a question for @Darkbeer1. How is tourism overall in Cali? Anyone have any stats? I found flights 3 weeks from now very cheap and I’m surprised. Just wondering if tourism is taking a hit everywhere, not just DL.

Tourism is up year after year in Monterey. SF being a mess is definitely impacting revenue. They are losing big conferences because of it. Unfortunately LA continues to make the news for all the wrong reasons.

I heard the exact same thing in line at my local Fresh Fare two days ago. Two tony Villa Park housewives talking about what to do with the out of town family visiting next week. Disneyland AP ad was hanging on the checkout counter, and the one housewife pointed at it and exclaimed "We can't take them to Disneyland because you have to have a reservation to get in now because of the Star Wars crowds and Mark refuses to deal with that". The second housewife nodded in agreement and then offered "What about Sea World? We did an airbnb in La Jolla that was fabulous and...."

I just smiled warmly and remained silent, admiring the hand selected artichokes in my cart. :cool:

This is going to take TDA awhile to unwind this messy marketing message they created for themselves.

But that’s definitely not just GE. I was talking to someone who was hinting of planning a family trip to DL and was excited to visit Toy Story Land. She had confused ads she’d seem about Orlando obviously but she was also excited about the new Pixar land. She was so surprised when I explained about the Pixar theming adding nothing (and ruining the Triton carousel). Clearly Disney needs to make their ads clearer to casual fans or future tourists. She would have been so mad about planning a trip for a land that did not exist if she had followed through on going.

TP2000

Lovely summer evening here in Orange County, beautiful sunset growing.

Wait times at Disneyland have slumped as the sun sets over the Pacific.

Pirates, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid - 5 Minutes
Jungle Cruise, Star Tours - 15 Minutes
Submarines, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Thunder Mountain - 20 Minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy, Inredicoaster - 30 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 40 Minutes
Soarin' Over California, Grizzly River Run, Radiator Springs Racers - 45 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain - 60 Minutes

And for those keeping score at home, it's currently 74 and raining in Orlando. Card Walker's Magic Kingdom actually closed an hour ago at 10:00pm Eastern, because that's apparently when they close the parks out there in mid summer.

Darkbeer1

Nice large crowd out here at the Dignity Health Sports Park, home of the LA Galaxy and LA Chargers. Galaxy already scored in the second minute😎

Hope to make the OC Fair on Sunday. Have a Super Pass that gets me in every day😋😄

I know I will be there Thursday Afternoon after a S.O.A.R. meeting that morning. Thursday afyernoons are $3 Tasters of Fair Food from most vendors🎉

Darkbeer1

I had to stop taking bathroom selfies because it made me feel like such a ***** due to social media. and I ENJOY taking my bathroom selfies damn it!

Better be careful, an off duty LAPD got caught doing that at Angel Stadium. Well, it wasn't selfies in the Men's Room......

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Now this I will defend until I'm blue in the face. MaxPass is way better, I don't have to run around trying to get a FP. Call me lazy, but I prefer to do it with my phone.

Walking through the parks to get Fastpass tickets is part of the Disneyland experience for me. I have very clear memories of my mom and my siblings walking and sometimes running around the park to grab those passes, us laughing and heaving once we got to those booths as we stuck our tickets in the slots.

MaxPass can’t replace that for me. Not everything has to be digital for me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Walking through the parks to get Fastpass tickets is part of the Disneyland experience for me. I have very clear memories of my mom and my siblings walking and sometimes running around the park to grab those passes, us laughing and heaving once we got to those booths as we stuck our tickets in the slots.

And nothing should or can replace those memories. But its just easier and very much a time saver to use MaxPass.

TROR

When I was getting my Fastpass for Hyperspace Mountain, there was a Chinese man at the machine next to me with about 100 park tickets printing Fastpasses.

SuddenStorm

I remember going to Disneyland before Maxpass. I remember being in Critter Country and making my group hustle over to Tomorrowland for a Space Mountain FP because we were eligible for a new one. The constant zig zagging around the park to get the passes, and timing when I ride everything to ensure I always had a Fastpass and was getting a new once as soon as I'm eligible.

Am I nostalgic for it? Not at all. I love the ease of being able to book my whole party's fp via my phone, from anywhere in the park. It makes it easier for me to ensure maximum efficiency, all while making the day seem slower and easier. Maxpass and mobile ordering are the two things that make the app worth it.

That said- not everything needs to be digital. The Play app is a huge step in the wrong direction. Encouraging guests to actively use their phones to play hokey games directly contradicts the point of going to Disneyland, and it's something I hope Disney moves away from- especially since they haven't been able to demonstrate that they can do it well if GE is any indication. I use my phone to book Fastpasses, redeem fastpasses, and order food. Otherwise, it's in my pocket so I can enjoy the park and the people I'm with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom