What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

fctiger

I always thought summer nights at Disneyland were very special. Something about the SoCal climate and the whole Disneyland After Dark thing.

Summer is kicking in for SoCal, and it was sunny and 80 degrees in Anaheim today. It's turned into a gorgeously dark blue twilight as we head towards Fantasmic! and fireworks time in the next hour. But the wait times are still incredibly low! Just after 8:00pm this Sunday evening...

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Submarines, Haunted Mansion and Small World - 5 Minutes
Big Thunder Mountain - 10 Minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours - 20 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 25 Minutes
Matterhorn Bobsleds, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain - 30 Minutes

Except for Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland at 20 Minutes, most of the rest of the parks rides from B Ticket to D Tickets are all listed at 5 Minutes: Buzz Lightyear, Roger Rabbit, Mr. Toad, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Winnie The Pooh, Autopia, Dumbo, Teacups, Astro Orbiter, etc.

What a great summer evening to be at Disneyland for everyone except panicky TDA execs!

This warms my heart! We are going to be there this Tuesday for our reservation. A month ago I would've just been happy if we got to ride SR once, walked around the land, tried some of the food and went home afterwards. Now it looks like we are going to have a great time not just in GE with the low waits but will take advantage of rest of the park from 9 p.m. on doing all the big E tickets at night and maybe even catching the second F! in standby. And yes summer nights at DL is truly one of the best times in the park!

mickEblu

This warms my heart! We are going to be there this Tuesday for our reservation. A month ago I would've just been happy if we got to ride SR once, walked around the land, tried some of the food and went home afterwards. Now it looks like we are going to have a great time not just in GE with the low waits but will take advantage of rest of the park from 9 p.m. on doing all the big E tickets at night and maybe even catching the second F! in standby. And yes summer nights at DL is truly one of the best times in the park!

Summer nights at DL are the best followed by Spring. I like DL the best when it’s in classic mode followed by Christmas. Halloween has to be last. I’m just not a huge fan of the holiday in general.

fctiger

Summer nights at DL are the best followed by Spring. I like DL the best when it’s in classic mode followed by Christmas. Halloween has to be last. I’m just not a huge fan of the holiday in general.

All true. I think Summer and Christmas time are the best for sure (and explains why its so crowded lol). But doing them both at night is just amazing. The lights, the entertainment, the (generally) lower wait times, etc just makes your day at the park worth it. Its really exciting to know when we leave GE we will probably get to catch Forever fireworks again with a lower crowd and then raid the rest of the park until closing. This is going to be a fun trip!!!!!!

George Lucas on a Bench

I really enjoy the raindrop effects.

20190608_212847.jpg

Darkbeer1

I always thought summer nights at Disneyland were very special. Something about the SoCal climate and the whole Disneyland After Dark thing.

Last night, I attended a private event at Knott's, then Lisa and I walked through the Knott's Summer Nights area. I was impressed with the energy, music and the food options.

I also was impressed with The Mine Train. I know Knott's went through cleaning up and plussing the attractions for IPW, but it was so nice to see, everything was working, audio was awesome. Everything I would expect to see at Disney. But currently the classics are not getting all the love they should be receiving.

TP2000

One week from today the highly restrictive reservation policy to enter Star Wars Land will be over and replaced with some sort of "virtual queue" thing that no one knows much about. Sitting here at the car dealership waiting on an oil change, I thought I'd capture these wait times on the Disneyland App to compare them to next Monday afternoon. Today there's a heavy marine layer and its 71 degrees.

E Tickets from shortest to longest wait time;

Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Jungle Cruise, Small World, Millenium Falcon: Target Run - 15 Minutes
Star Tours, Submarines, Thunder Mountain, Pirates - 20 Minutes
Haunted Mansion, Incredicoaster - 25 Minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy, - 30 Minutes
Matterhorn Bobsleds, Soarin' Over California, Splash Mountain - 40 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain - 65 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 80 Minutes

Most of the other C and D Tickets range from 5 Minutes (Little Mermaid, Mater's, Casey Jr.) to 15 Minutes (Luigi's, Storybook Land, Mr. Toad, Dumbo, Goofy's Sky School, etc). Peter Pan and Midway Mania are at 30 Minutes.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm looking at Touring Plans's history over the past few weeks. Two weeks ago Disneyland saw all 1's. Last week it was all 2's except for Wednesday which was a 7*. Yesterday was a 3. It seems like it's steadily been increasing, probably because more and more kids are getting out of school, but still very low all around. I think we're all waiting in anticipation to see how things turn out next week.

*I'm wondering why last Wednesday's particular Grad Nite was really busy and all the others weren't. Do you think it's because most schools booked that day due to when their school years ended? Or was there something else going on in the park? I can't imagine what it would be. The day I was there (the 7th) was the opening of Disneyland Forever, and while the crowds picked up a bit in the evening for it, it never got to a 7 level.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Themeparkinsider wrote a very detailed article on how it's going to work citing Disneyland officials as their source:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201905/6766/

I can see this being efficient with Galaxy's Edge for the time being. But it scares me at the same time.. when will the virtual queue program end? How will this carry over to other aspects for the parks?

Not entirely sure how they could implement it for attractions themselves, with Fastpass and Maxpass already being a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom