What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They should have done what they did with the falcon ride, meaning how there are 2 turntables and chess rooms for riders to wait in, they should have made either two versions of oga's cantina and had them both going at the same time or built a 2nd type of cantina and put it on the Resistance side of the land.

Kiwiduck

Yeah, I can definitely understand how that makes sense.

Which reminds me of another point that's been floating around in the back of my mind. Supposedly some restaurant space (and maybe some retail space, too?) was cut by Chapek the Terrible to control the costs. But doesn't that fly in the face of the old Pressler philosophy that supposedly still percolates today, that more direct revenue-producing square footage is a priority? Why cut out more restaurant space to save costs, if it's supposedly revenue-positive?
I don't understand the logic behind this type of thinking, I would happily have spent the $200 that others are spending on light sabers in the dinner theatre from the concept art, and I don't think I would have been sitting in there alone.

truecoat

I wouldn't be surprised with high no-show rates. With the "everyone has to be there" requirement, I'm not sure how many people would delay entering the land if someone was running late :).

Would be interesting to get some more data about sales. Are sales low because they aren't letting enough people into the land or because people aren't interested? Of the few reviews I've read, it seems like at least a few skipped the shops because of the lines.

Yep, you have 4 hours and you want to build a lightsaber, get into the cantina and ride the falcon a couple times. Might not have any time or money left at that point. On the positive side, I heard they sold 3 full sized R2-D2s at 25 grand each + shipping.

Curious Constance

Yep, you have 4 hours and you want to build a lightsaber, get into the cantina and ride the falcon a couple times. Might not have any time or money left at that point. On the positive side, I heard they sold 3 full sized R2-D2s at 25 grand each + shipping.
Your first instinct is to think it’s probably three really rich people who must have bought the three $25,000 R2s, but in reality, it’s probably three people with really poor impulse control who could never afford it so they maxed out five credit cards to make it happen.

Phroobar

Makes me wonder which full size R2-D2 those where.
Sideshow life-size R2-D2 $7450
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-sideshow-collectibles-400277

If you are good with electronics and working with R/C cars/planes, a fully functional R2 could be built with help from the Astromech or R2-D2 builders clubs for a lot less than that.

https://makezine.com/projects/building-your-first-r2/
https://astromech.net/

Why would anyone buy a life-size R2-D2 at Disney markup prices even if Disney did markup the Sideshow droid 3x retail? I call BS.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Your first instinct is to think it’s probably three really rich people who must have bought the three $25,000 R2s, but in reality, it’s probably three people with really poor impulse control who could never afford it so they maxed out five credit cards to make it happen.
If it makes them happy who are we to question their decisions...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We are the Internet. It's what we do.
e5c526b151f59ee35e884af4dd280329.jpeg

TP2000

I always thought summer nights at Disneyland were very special. Something about the SoCal climate and the whole Disneyland After Dark thing.

Summer is kicking in for SoCal, and it was sunny and 80 degrees in Anaheim today. It's turned into a gorgeously dark blue twilight as we head towards Fantasmic! and fireworks time in the next hour. But the wait times are still incredibly low! Just after 8:00pm this Sunday evening...

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Submarines, Haunted Mansion and Small World - 5 Minutes
Big Thunder Mountain - 10 Minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours - 20 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 25 Minutes
Matterhorn Bobsleds, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain - 30 Minutes

Except for Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland at 20 Minutes, most of the rest of the parks rides from B Ticket to D Tickets are all listed at 5 Minutes: Buzz Lightyear, Roger Rabbit, Mr. Toad, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Winnie The Pooh, Autopia, Dumbo, Teacups, Astro Orbiter, etc.

What a great summer evening to be at Disneyland for everyone except panicky TDA execs!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom