What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Darkbeer1

Looking at the Disneyland App, it looks like the parks are pretty slow today. Only 20 minutes for Space Mountain, 20 for Indy, 35 for Haunted Mansion and RSR is 60 minutes. For some reason Target Run is 40 minutes but that is probably inflated.
Probably those folks hoped to ride RotR, and failed to get a Boarding Group, and wanted to do something Star Wars related.

TP2000

waiting for the "What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're high)" thread to be made

I don't know, this holiday weekend was not that busy. Today, the actual federal holiday for Rev. King when all the schools are closed, Disneyland is rather light and DCA seems a tad busier. Here's the info as of 4pm...

Monday, January 20th. Overcast and mild.

Boarding Groups for Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn were all gone for the day in 90 seconds after the park opened.
Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise - 10 Minutes
Submarine Voyage, Voyage of Little Mermaid - 20 Minutes
Pirates, Small World, Luigi's - 25 Minutes
Star Tours, Matterhorn Bobsleds - 35 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 40 Minutes
Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Soarin', Chase-A-Baby - 45 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy, Midway Mania - 65 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 95 Minutes

Darkbeer1

I don't know, this holiday weekend was not that busy. Today, the actual federal holiday for Rev. King when all the schools are closed, Disneyland is rather light and DCA seems a tad busier. Here's the info as of 4pm...

Monday, January 20th. Overcast and mild.

Boarding Groups for Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn were all gone for the day in 90 seconds after the park opened.
Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise - 10 Minutes
Submarine Voyage, Voyage of Little Mermaid - 20 Minutes
Pirates, Small World, Luigi's - 25 Minutes
Star Tours, Matterhorn Bobsleds - 35 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 40 Minutes
Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Soarin', Chase-A-Baby - 45 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy, Midway Mania - 65 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 95 Minutes
On the other hand, Knott's has been operating its Western Parking lot, which only happens on Peak Days, aka near capacity, Saturday, Sunday and morning, opening early and closing late (9 am to 10 PM). 10 out of 10 in crowd size.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
On the other hand, Knott's has been operating its Western Parking lot, which only happens on Peak Days, aka near capacity, Saturday, Sunday and morning, opening early and closing late (9 am to 10 PM). 10 out of 10 in crowd size.
Knott's also only holds about 38% of the capacity of Disneyland.

Ismael Flores

Its funny when people compare Knott's with Disneyland

At knotts there can be 10,000 people and it feels like a million.

The park is what something like 56 acres, has a capacity of 28,000 and the pricing on season pass is only $101

while Disneyland is something like 85-90 acres, capacity of something like 80,000 and the cheapest pass is $399. (just realized that the Disney southern California Select passport is for sell ont he Disney website. I thought they put a hold on those)

Disneyland also has 500 acres that spread out the crowds including a second gate. A luxury that Knotts doesn't have

I don't understand this whole idea of constantly pitting Disney against knott's. I like Knot's and have a pass but never consider it better or even equal to Disneyland resort. I actually find that it lacks in overall management skills

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
How did you come up with that number?
Google.

Knott's has capacity of about 29,000 according to https://www.theparkdb.com/results/in/name/43/view_details
Disneyland has an estimated capacity of 75,000 according to https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/27/disneyland-closes-gates-as-holiday-crowds-fill-the-park/

Honestly, I'd probably say 60,000 is pushing it, but that would still mean Knott's is a little less than half of Disneyland. That site is the only info I can find on Knott's capacity and it was updated about 2 years ago.

I'm not hating on Knott's.....I love the place, but it's only half the size of Disneyland so capacity is smaller, so it doesn't take as many people to fill it up.

BrianLo

I don't think Knott's comes out favourably in a head to head either. It's a really nice local park, with a bit more unexpected theming flare due to its history. It neither fully commits to being a Cedar Fair roller coaster park with themed elements (the coasters are only 'ok'), nor a family dark ride filled park.

Its two main dark rides were nice. But the mine train feels very janky by modern standards as the train creeps and groans and stupid guests get bored and look at their phones.

As far as US competitors go, I like Busch Gardens Tampa a bit more. Efteling is definitely the one global competitor that I feel like can go head to head and not come out totally devastated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom