What's up with the changes in Stitch's Great Escape?

KevinPage

Innteresting bit of info I found out about the behind the scenes on this attraction. Nothing earth shattering, but confirms what Lee hinted at previously and furthers expands on it (think along the lines of JIYI).

Let's just say WDI & Kevin Rafferty ain't as dumb as we thought :animwink:
:animwink: :animwink:

I myself think it's a dangerous game to play, but if it works, more power to them :D

dxwwf3

KevinPage said:
Innteresting bit of info I found out about the behind the scenes on this attraction. Nothing earth shattering, but confirms what Lee hinted at previously and furthers expands on it (think along the lines of JIYI).

Let's just say WDI & Kevin Rafferty ain't as dumb as we thought :animwink:
:animwink: :animwink:

I myself think it's a dangerous game to play, but if it works, more power to them :D

Well if you are hinting at what I am thinking, it sounds quite dangerous to me.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
MrNonacho said:
I wish I knew what the heck you guys are hinting at/thinking about...

That would be the budget conspiracy theroy...

;)

WDI puts in low bid... WDI spends all money on animatronics... nothing is left over for storyline... Eisner rides attraction and hates it... Eisner green lights more money for the attraction... WDI gets more money, and can still use the cool animatronics they made.

They knew where they went wrong with JITYI... they did it the right way with Stitch. (using the money for the animatronics) Just more money is needed for a story redo. :)

KevinPage

FamilyMan said:
That would be the budget conspiracy theroy...
;)
WDI puts in low bid... WDI spends all money on animatronics... nothing is left over for storyline... Eisner rides attraction and hates it... Eisner green lights more money for the attraction... WDI gets more money, and can still use the cool animatronics they made.
They knew where they went wrong with JITYI... they did it the right way with Stitch. (using the money for the animatronics) Just more money is needed for a story redo. :)

I thought Peter wasn't supposed to be the brightest bulb in the batch :confused:

:animwink: :animwink: :animwink:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
It's been six months and there is no sign of any story overhaul in sight. In the meantime the attraction has built up a negative reputation. It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure I buy it.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
KevinPage said:
I thought Peter wasn't supposed to be the brightest bulb in the batch :confused:

:animwink: :animwink: :animwink:

Eh, heh heh heh heh heh heh.

*looks around*
Aw crap. Louis, get over here and make me look dumb again. :hammer:

MiRi

thimblekisses said:
I know we've discussed Stitch's Great Escape to death, and most people hate Stitch and don't want to talk about him. We've also discussed the changes that have been made to it recently. Well on our last trip on Easter week, we finally went on Stitch again for the first time in a while. We definitely saw the new video, where Stitch knocks on the castle door and talks to Cinderella (something like "Cindereellllaaaaa, your prince is here!" and "You're not my prince!!!", real clever dialogue :rolleyes: ) and there were a few other changes as well, such as more spitting. One really good spit sprayed everyone, though I don't recall if it was in the dark or not. There was definitely a longer period of darkness.
My biggest question is, what is with the new audio of the little kid narrating what's going on? There's this little kid voice that says things the whole time that really threw me off because I don't remember hearing it before. When it first gets dark the voice says something like "Mommy, it's Stitch." when he walks on your shoulders and breathes on you and all that. Then later it says something to the effect of "Mommy, he's going to hotwire the transporter!" followed by the aliens a few minutes later saying "Oh, no, he's hotwired the transporter!" Is that designed to make it less scary for little kids, or something? It sounds as if the little kid voice is not scared and is trying to comfort his mom or something. I found it to be kindof annoying.
This is probably very old news, but can anyone give me any thoughts on this?

I noticed the changes when I was there on Tuesday. I liked it better than before. I noticed the child's voice but I didn't understand most of what they were saying. The Cinderella thing was a cute touch. My niece and nephew loved it and that's what counts. ;)

dolbyman

if anyone is interrested in hearing the new version :

here is my version from disney-central in dolby headphone surround (slow download and only for a short time) hope you like it

rightclick// save as.. !! for downloading!!
Stitch Great Escape

Tim G

Disney_dude said:
That's the point. I don't like Stitch so for you to say "we All love Stitch" is incorrect. :) :wave:
Pfffft... next time I'll use a scale... to weight my words... c'mon... no nagging...

goofyfan13

DizkneeBoi said:
Please don't ruin a masterpiece like Cinderella by associating it with a third rate FLOP like Stitch! Ugh.... :hurl:

While a lot of people don't like Stitch, I would hardly call Stitch a flop. :wave:

ButtClown44

I didn't read through all 7 pages of this thread to see if what I'm about to say has been said. That being said, the chages were made shortyl before Saint Patrick's Day if I recall correctly. The ending was changed to Cinderalla'ss castle, he now appears briefly during the dark scene, and more audio to reassure children that its not as scary as they think. The new ending has seen to have a better reaction out of the guests through laughter, though I think the same number of children leave because they are scared. Some other small deatails were tweaked that no one but operations, maintanace, and WDI people would notice. So far as I have seen, this is the extent of the changes, but this attraction has suprised me before and will most likely suprise me again.

dxwwf3

ButtClown44 said:
and more audio to reassure children that its not as scary as they think.

Well I just listened to Dolby's headphone track of the show (Great job by the way) just to listen to the new audio you are talking about. And I'm going to be honest with you, it made me cringe. But I will also say that if that's what it takes for more kids to enjoy the show, THEN I'M ALL FOR IT. Disney has made it pretty clear with this "rehab" that they are going to concentrate on pleasing kids with this attraction and I guess the new audio could help out some elementary school aged kids.

But man I doubt many people over the age of 10 are going to appreciate the little audio snippets here. You'll just have to hear them for yourself. When they read on posts they sound bad, but actually hearing them in the attraction...... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom