What's The Longest Stretch You Have Gone From Visiting Disney World?

muse1983

Original Poster
My longest stretch was 17 years.

I am 26 and the first time I went to Disney World was in 1992 and we finally went back in May of 2009. From putting all 3 of us kids through private school etc my parents simply couldnt afford a Disney vacation throughout those 17 years. However I cannot even start to explain the feeling that overwhelmed my 2 sisters and I as we entered The Magic Kingdom after a long 17 year wait...it was truly magical to say the least. I seriously get goosebumps merely talking about it...

What's even better is that this time around I brought someone else along for the trip...my wife. We are planning on going back in 2012 at the latest and absolutely cannot wait!

PurpleDragon

Ever since I was little my family always made a point of going at least every couple years. We spent many a years sharing a camping site with family friends in tents in Ft. Wilderness just so we could afford to go. I'd have to say that from current memory, my longest stint away has been recently, its been well over 4-5 years since I last visited WDW.

Master Gracey 5

Six years from 2000-2006. My dad was "Disneyed out" and there was a ton of stuff going on with college and so forth that made it tough for another family trip. Though I did manage to stop by Disneyland Paris for a day while abroad in 2005. That definitely helped especially since we hadn't planned our 2006 trip yet and I didn't know when I'd get back to WDW. Now that I'm on my own I hope to go at least every couple years, assuming I can find others willing to join me.

wdwwdeagle

I think mine was about 5 years, between circa 1995 and 2000 (daughter born in 96 and son in 98 -- so I was otherwise occupied during those years. grin.). Other than that, I've gone at least every two or three years since 1973.

Pooh Lover

In the last 15 years.....about 18 months. And as long as they keep offering the "bounce back" promotions, I don't see myself ever leaving WDW without my next reservation. I just can't pass it up.

imagineer boy

I last visited WDW in 2005, so its been about five years. :( Good greif, it doesn't seem that long though.

Before that, I had a drought between 1996 and 2001 which was about five years as well. I'm due!

NCState

10 years.

Our first trip my daughter was 7 years old. We knew nothing about Disney, I couldn't understand what was so great. I researched Disney for 10 years (well saved and thought we would give it one more try). The next trip my daughter was 17 years old and we had the best time! Now we go once a year.

JWG

Longest, 10 years (1983 - 1993).

Now, compare that to our daughter who turns four this summer. Her longest 18.5 months. I think that will be surpassed finally as she'll have to wait 21 months between our last trip and next. Oh the humanity :p.

Don't think there will be another 10 year stretch in there for some time. Since 1993 the longest stretch is 5 years (1993-1998), but that excludes a Disneyland trip in 1996 and accounts for the college years.

Steve-B

Fourteen years for DW and I (1986 - 2000). :(
Five years for our girls (2000 - 2005).
Our last trip was May 2008. However, DW & DD both have the bug, so . . . :ROFLOL: :sohappy:

bluewings

My longest stretch was in between my first and second trip which was from 1990-1994. All of the other stretches were 3 years or less. My current stretch however will match or exceed my longest. Last trip was in 2007 but we plan on going in 2011

CP_alum08

My family visited my grandparents every summer in FL. They lived close enough that we went to WDW at least one day out of our trip. Im sure there were some years we didnt go, but I was too young to remember.

I returned from my CP in June '08 and went back in Sept. '09, so just over a year. We havn't been since Sept. and I am feeling it...bad :( With no plans in sight Im actually thinking about seeing my travel agent tomorrow and surprising my GF with the idea. We'll see how that goes :ROFLOL:

disney1077

My first trip to disney world was in 1990 with my whole family. I had to wait 17 years :( before I would go to disney world again. This time it was just my mom and me. We went 3 years in a row (had to make up for some of the years we missed lol) and now we go every 2 years.

MKCP 1985

We had a 5 year hiatus after the spring of 1999 until early 2004. By not going during that span, we totally missed out on the millinneum celebration, the Tapestry of Nations parade and all of that at Epcot.

No particular reason for that long stretch - we were just doing other things.

hwdelien

My parents took me the only 1 time in 1976 and I didn't return until I had kids of my own 1996. So it was 20 years for me. But, then I went the next year, and the next year, and... I'm going Saturday!!!!! :sohappy:

Admitedly, it has be just over 2 years. I was in Orlando in September. We did Universal for the first and last time.:hurl: Never again!

WDW_Emily

5 years from 1999- 2004 My mom just thought it would be crazy to take 3 kids under 10. so we waited until we were 12, 7, and 4

muse1983

Original Poster
My parents took me the only 1 time in 1976 and I didn't return until I had kids of my own 1996. So it was 20 years for me. But, then I went the next year, and the next year, and... I'm going Saturday!!!!! :sohappy:

Admitedly, it has be just over 2 years. I was in Orlando in September. We did Universal for the first and last time.:hurl: Never again!

I personally really enjoyed Universal/Islands of Adventure. It cant hold a candle to DisneyWorld as far as look, attractions and the overall feeling you get when being in Disney but its a great stop when in Orlando

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think mine will actually be after my next trip. Not sure that'll we'll make it back until 2012......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom