What's the first thing you do when you get to the parks??

star77kc

At MK, I like to head straight to Fantasyland and ride Dumbo and Peter Pan!! I love these two, and being 31 years old, don't want to wait an hour plus to ride later in the day! Lol In Epcot, I like most people, like to ride Soarin, and get a Fastpasses for later. In DHS, I dash over to TSMM of course!! This is one of my FAV rides, so I have to get a FP too!! I don't usually like to wait more than an hour for a ride, but if I had to, it would be this one! In AK, the safari first thing in the morning is where it's at!! The animals are usually out and about, and more lively! All in all, it doesn't matter what I do. I'm just happy to be in my most favorite place of all ;)

Upvote 0

WDW 3

We usually get in around noon so wherever we go our first stop is lunch :)

We don't have a must do first day park. We've done them all except EPCOT. Don't shoot us but this is probably our least favorite of the parks. And since we are just getting started at about 1:30 - 2:00 after we've had lunch there isn't a hurry to get anywhere which is really kind of nice after a travel morning. Stroll and take in the sights, sounds and yes the smells.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

We drive from Atlanta, GA and usually get there around 2 or 3pm. Check in and unpack. After that we head out to Epcot for our first evening. First ride in the afternoon once we arrive at Epcot is Spaceship Earth. Its great because in the afternoon its a walk on ride.

Then its off to the World Showcase to grab a spot in the UK and wind down. Check in for my reservations at the Rose and Crown and request veranda seating. After checking in its time to go inside the pub and grab a Golden and wait for our pager to go off.

Hopefully we can sit on the veranda order the Imperial Sampler, dinner and then sit back and enjoy Illumination.

Say goodnight to the Hat Lady and head back to the hotel. Perfect first day!!

Upvote 0

bluejasmine

MK-down Main St and hang a left at CP and head into Adventureland for POTC! Its a tradition since childhood
HS-Straight to TOT and RNC
AK-Straight to Safari
EP-straight to Soarin, TT, Mission Space once WS opens we beeline it to Japan to do pick a pearl..lol

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
At MK. if the kids want to see Belle, we head there first and Ill get a FP along the way (usually PP)
If we arent doing Belle, Its usually to tomorrowland for a SM FP then work our way through there and Fantasyland
In Epcot, we haed to TT or Soaring then get a FP and ride, then head to the other to get in line while the line is still shorter, then get a FP for that when we get off.
At AK, we head straight to EE, ride (sometimes 2 or three times), then get a FP and walk to the Safari.
In DHS, i head to TSMM to get FP while the kids go with mom to sign up ofr Star Wars. We then meet at RR and TOT.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

After just soaking it all in, I head to Pirates (favorite ride). It's a great ride, typically not too long a wait, and is a perfect kick-off as one of the original classics. Of course, it all depends on if I can get past the gift shops with a certain significant other first.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

We usually arrive in the afternoon our first day so as Epcot is our favorite park we go in through the International Gateway and head to the beer kiosk outside of Rose and Crown. Not so much that we have to have a drink but as our way to say "we are on vacation starting now!" We then depending on the day will go have lunch as the kids are usually very hungry at that point and want Disney vacation food.o_O

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

MK Splash Mountain then FP for BTMRR
DHS Tower of Terror then FP for RnRC
Epcot Mission Space then FP for TT
AK Expedition Everest then another FP for EE

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I know for DHS we are heading straight to Toy Story to ride it and get FP for later but what about the MK and AK and Epcot?

For MK I am thinking we'll head to Little Mermaid or Peter Pan. Not sure about the others.

At AK -

We take a pic in front of the Tree of Life and then head to EE, grab a fast pass and ride.

At DHS -

We go straight to TSM and grab a FP and ride. Then to TOT and RNR. Then pics.

Epcot -

Pic in front of SSE then Soarin - fast pass and ride

And MK - breakfast before park opens then when it opens, we always head to the left first. :)

Upvote 0

KaneMarko

Garsh, this is a good question.

For EPCOT, when I was little, one of earliest memories of Disney World was riding Space Ship Earth. So, typically, the first thing I do when I get to EPCOT is hit SSE.

MK - little more complicated. First, we make sure to get there before the park opens so we can see the opening ceremony. After that, we enter the park and just enjoy walking down Mainstreet USA. Who doesn't feel nostalgic walking down Mainstreet USA and seeing "the Castle" off in the distance? We may take some pictures if there are any characters nearby that don't have long lines. Or we may get a quick snack at The Confectionary or something. But then we head off to either Splash Mountain or Space Mountain depending on which way the wind is blowing, so to speak.

DHS - Straight to RnR. We know the line for that gets pretty redic sooner rather than later. So we try to squeeze in a ride or 2 before it does. Although we probably should hit Toy Story Mania as that line seems to NEVER be short.

AK - Typically head straight to Expedition Everest and ride that a couple times before the crowd hits.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

We always seem to get settled into our resort and then head right to EPCOT. SSE seems to be the first ride every single time. It just works out that way for us, not really a tradition per sae but rather a habit I think. We do FW and then head into WS for a dinner wherever we can get into as walk-ups. For our trip in Sept we actually booked an ADR for our first night at Biergarten but that is not usual for us to make ADR's for the first night but something about a huge frosty mug of malted hops and barley just sounds so good after a day of travelling!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom