Whats the deal?

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
????

Has anyone noticed how about half this forum is way off topic. Like about spelling? Did anyone notice, Its been really bugging me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Has anyone noticed how about half this forum is way off topic. Like about spelling? Did anyone notice, Its been really bugging me.

It's called thread drift. It's actually pretty common as it happens naturally in conversation.

Don't let it bother you! :wave:

Gorjus

sew were is this itnernet spill check thing does it only coreect on certain programs or does ist corrfect anthying you tyupe on the intertnet I know i have spell check on my workd program.:ROFLOL: :p ;)

Real Question, fake spelling and capitalization and punctuation.

Gorjus

Unless you work at WDW. LOL!!

Amen!!!!

(translation: If I am at WDW every day, there are so many wonderful days and magical moments. When I go to Disney as a guest and have a bad day.....well, you tend to long for the times when you are on the clock and can cut through parade crowds, take shortcuts back stage, skip the lines to enter the turnstiles, spend the day with characters without waiting in line for an hour to see them, etc.)

mccallum93

You People Kill Me. Know Matter What Happens At Disney Is Alright I Don't Think So. A Family Of Five For A Weeks Worth Of Tickets 900-1000 Dollars. They Should Get What They Paid For Rides That Work, Clean Parks,cms That Are Not Rude,rooms That Are Clean And Every Thing Works. Disney Doesn't Give Refunds If Everything Isn't Working They Just Want Your Money. Disneys Responce If You Don't Come To The Parks Someone Else Will. I Just Returned From The World The Parks, Hotels, Service Worst I've Seen In Years

AEfx

You People Kill Me. Know Matter What Happens At Disney Is Alright I Don't Think So. A Family Of Five For A Weeks Worth Of Tickets 900-1000 Dollars. They Should Get What They Paid For Rides That Work, Clean Parks,cms That Are Not Rude,rooms That Are Clean And Every Thing Works. Disney Doesn't Give Refunds If Everything Isn't Working They Just Want Your Money. Disneys Responce If You Don't Come To The Parks Someone Else Will. I Just Returned From The World The Parks, Hotels, Service Worst I've Seen In Years

You Know You Might Have Time To Actually Use Some Punctuation In Your Posts And Be Slightly More Understandable If You Didn't Use Caps On The First Letter Of Every Word.

(My God, that was exhausting to type...LOL...how do you do it?)

As to what you said...er, tried to say, guess you didn't have a good time at Disney. Not all vacation destinations are for everyone. If you had specific, valid complaints I hope you brought them to Disney's attention while you were there; ranting about it on a website later might make you feel better, it won't do a tinker's darn worth of good if you truly feel you were wronged and a change needs to be made.

Have a magical day,
AEfx

JWG

You work for Universal/IOA don't you :animwink:

magicfan

Back to the original poster, (just for clarification purposes):

You went to AK, saw Kali River Rapids was closed, went to MK, tried to ride Space Mountain, then went back to AK? This is the same day, not two different days, correct?

sleepybear

Ok, When i was at WDW it was good and BAD!!! I mean alot of things dissapointed me

When were you there, Aladdin? I was there last week and Sunday through Wednesday was about the busiest I'd ever seen it. The crowds seemed to overwhelm the place a few times, especially at food and drink stands where they were running out of items. The crowds could also explain the mood of some of the cast members. It was hot, crowded and many guests were behaving atrociously. You could tell that plenty of cast members were just exhausted by it all.

Hope you have a better trip next time.

P.S. This is advice, not criticism. If you brush up on your spelling and grammar, people will take you more seriously the next time you post.

mickeysmom

just back

We were there May23-June 2, had a wonderful time CM's were great. A few minor delays on rides but nothing major. Can't wait to go back.

AEfx

you are proof of what i said

Since effective, clear communication does not seem to be your strong point (though it seems we made progress, as no caps at all is more readable than your previous style), I'm going to have to make some assumptions here.

First, I'll assume you were referring to my post as "you are proof", since no one posted in between us (helpful forum hint : quoting someone helps get your point across more effectively).

Second, since I am not the Walt Disney Company, nor am I employed by them nor did we meet on your journey, I have to assume the portion of Your Original Rant you were attempting to make further comment on was as follows :

mccallum93 said:
Know Matter What Happens At Disney Is Alright I Don't Think So.

Now, again, I'm going to have to decipher your writing and your sentence fragments. However, based on previous encounters with persons with dispositions as yourself I am going to assume that you were trying to say, "No matter what happens at Disney (you believe) it is alright. I do not agree." It seems as if you are making an effort to paint myself and others as Disney apologists.

In my case, that couldn't be further from the truth. Like many others on this board, I am quite capable of being critical of the Mouse when it is warranted. I made a very smart suggestion to you that if you truly did not have a good time on your trip, and feel that you were wronged, that you do the intelligent thing and let Disney know. Expressing your frustration on a message board isn't going to be effective in getting your concerns addressed.

I also suggested as an alternative that a Disney vacation isn't for everyone, and it seems you fit the disposition of someone that was not pleased with any aspect of your vacation and therefore not one that should continue going on a Disney experience. So I gave you two ideas on how to deal with your situation; one, to complain to Disney and perhaps have your concerns addressed, or two, not patronize them any more. I fail to see where any of this paints me as an apologist, more of a realist in pointing out the steps you can take to see positive action.

It also would help if you would be a bit more clear about exactly what your issues were, and perhaps them people could help you or direct you to where you can get some resolution. Your original complaints are as follows :

A Family Of Five For A Weeks Worth Of Tickets 900-1000 Dollars.
That's a fact. And, forgive me for sounding like an apologist, but I have to say when you compare that to other entertainment (movies, golf, other paid sports), given that even in slow season when the parks close early you can still get 10 hours a day entertainment, it works out to a pretty small per hour dollar amount comparatively.

They Should Get What They Paid For Rides That Work,
Okay, here is where clarification point #1 would come in handy. What rides did not work that you are talking about? I'm sure you know that WDW is open 365 days a year, so occasionally a ride breaks down or is taken down to refurbish. At the risk of again sounding like an apologist, I have to interject that it is my understanding that the rides at Walt Disney World are in operation the vast majority of the time and my experience follows that understanding.

So, a ride was down and you got irritated? You see, that's the downside of a one-price-pays all ticket. The upside is that you can experience unlimited attractions instead of paying for each one individually (with ride tickets and such). I don't know about you, but I much prefer the unlimited nature of the ticket versus nickel and diming for every last ride on the TTA I take.

Clean Parks,cms That Are Not Rude,rooms That Are Clean
These are operational issues that, as I suggested, you are much better off discussing with the Disney folks while you are there. If your room was not acceptable, you should have spoken to someone. If a CM was rude, you should have taken their name. If you thought the park was dirty, you should have filed a complaint at Guest Relations (though I've never seen a piece of popcorn on the ground for more than 90 seconds, I can't relate to that last one).

And Every Thing Works. Disney Doesn't Give Refunds If Everything Isn't Working
See above for the nature of individual attraction tickets versus the unlimited nature of the Disney one-price ticket. However, let's give your suggestion due consideration : assume that Peter Pan was down at the Magic Kingdom. If we divide the ticket price by the number of attractions, you'd receive what...a dollar refund? Would getting that dollar back for one ride being down really have changed your vacation? Is that really the kind of micromanagement you are suggesting?

They Just Want Your Money.
I can't disagree with you there. Any business is set up that way.

Disneys Responce If You Don't Come To The Parks Someone Else Will.
Was this "Responce" (sic.) made to you in person by a CM, or in writing? If the Disney company actually told you this, then again you should have complained at the time. I've humored your other assertions, but I'll have to assume this one didn't actually happen yet you projected it upon them because you didn't give them a chance to rectify whatever situation had you disgruntled in the first place.

I Just Returned From The World The Parks, Hotels, Service Worst I've Seen In Years
So the service was worse in years past (then better and worse again)? If it's not as bad as what you've seen before and you keep coming, then I guess you just like to complain, just not to the people that can actually help you. Perhaps if you communicated your thoughts to the Disney company (I'll even help you in making your points clear if you like in writing, and I bet others would help as well) and gave them specifics about what was wrong (as I suggested originally) you would have a chance to address all these issues you seem to have with them.

I simply suggested that if you had valid complaints about Disney you take it up with them. That's good advice. You seemed very dissatisfied, so I think you should tell Disney. If your room was dirty, you should complain to the front desk. If a CM was rude, you should have spoken to their manager. It's unfortunate that we have to do such things, but that's the only way things get better. Ranting about it and insulting fans of the parks is not going to get you anything but a long-winded explaination for someone killing time waiting to leave on their Disney trip like me.

Help us help you. :)

AEfx

DisneyPirate85

Very Very well put...KUDOS to AEfx! I would have to totaly agree with you, it is hard for WDW to fix or repair any issues or problems with there interests if one does not point them out or let a CM or manager know there is a problem. As for refunds NOT true AT ALL! When I was there in July/05 Hurricane Dennis Paid us a nice visit, and the Staff at POP refunded our room 2 nights of it and upgraded our Tickets w/Hoppers w/ Water Park to non expiring status. Also try to understand there seems to be a little bit of a contract issue there now as well. Tho it should not concern us the paying public but we're all adults here we know it is going to. I would ask you to Please call someone in CS and express your concerns with them somehow I do not think Disney has someone on staff who's job it is to surf all the Disney sites on the web looking for customer complaints. :hammer:

cdunbar

haha "you prove my point,", and what was your point again? This is all just for clarification purposes, and by the way you seem slightly upset that someone responded to your post, why?:rolleyes:

mccallum93

i am not upset because someone responded to my post.and i don't need someone to grade my post this is not an english test. my point is disney thinks that what ever product is given on any day what you get is what you get like it or not. when a ride breaks down for the day or isn't working up to par too bad. when a cm tells you something that is not true and tells you to prove it and you lose two hours at the park because you have to go back to your hotel to get the proof and your right cm so what. when you have a room at the beach club that they give you knowing there is no hot water and it takes six days to fix. i have been to disney forty -fifty times my feeling is it is steadly geting worse. when at the park it smells like one big restroom and not as clean oa in the past. thats my point.

JWG

i am not upset because someone responded to my post.and i don't need someone to grade my post this is not an english test. my point is disney thinks that what ever product is given on any day what you get is what you get like it or not. when a ride breaks down for the day or isn't working up to par too bad. when a cm tells you something that is not true and tells you to prove it and you lose two hours at the park because you have to go back to your hotel to get the proof and your right cm so what. when you have a room at the beach club that they give you knowing there is no hot water and it takes six days to fix. i have been to disney forty -fifty times my feeling is it is steadly geting worse. when at the park it smells like one big restroom and not as clean oa in the past. thats my point.

I can fix your problem... Go to Universal instead!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom