Whats the deal?

AEfx

i am not upset because someone responded to my post.and i don't need someone to grade my post this is not an english test.

You are correct, it is not an English test. However, your first posting was cryptic at best and very hard to understand. Effective, clear communication is a goal for everyone. :) You will be taken more seriously if you take an extra few seconds to make your point clear instead of just bashing keys and hitting send. You are doing much better; punctuation isn't your strong suit, but at least your posts are a bit more readable and include sentences with actual structure. YAY! Progress made.

my point is disney thinks that what ever product is given on any day what you get is what you get like it or not. when a ride breaks down for the day or isn't working up to par too bad.
I think I thoroughly explained the benefits of a "pay one price" admission above. I think your assertion is pretty silly to be honest - if a ride is down you should get a refund? It is logistically impossible to keep every single attraction open 365 days a year. That's just common sense.

when a cm tells you something that is not true and tells you to prove it and you lose two hours at the park because you have to go back to your hotel to get the proof and your right cm so what.
LOL. Please, please, PLEASE explain this one. What in the world made you "have" to go back to your hotel to "get proof" of? What was so earth shatteringly important you had to spend two hours going back to your hotel? What do you care what a certain CM thinks - this one is just too funny, please, please enlighten us as to what you had to "prove". The only thing one would HAVE to go back to their room for would be tickets...and if you forgot those, that's your own fault.

when you have a room at the beach club that they give you knowing there is no hot water and it takes six days to fix.
Did you complain to the front desk? You are correct, that is unacceptable and you should not have put up with not having hot water for 6 days at those prices (or any prices, for that matter). If that is true, that there was NO hot water, you should have INSISTED you be given a properly working room, and if they could not accomodate you at that resort they should have moved you to one that was. It is your own fault for putting up with it. I certainly wouldn't pay Beach Club prices for a room with no hot water.

i have been to disney forty -fifty times my feeling is it is steadly geting worse. when at the park it smells like one big restroom and not as clean oa in the past. thats my point.
I guess that brings us full circle to my original posting. You have TWO options for dealing with this in a manner to see POSITIVE results. As I have outlined above, you can 1) speak to Disney at the time of the issue and get it resolved (they are amazing at that), or 2) speak to WDW directly now, after the fact, and let them know your disapointment. Choosing #3, starting a post that begins as a rant against an entire board community, in the end does nothing to correct the situation.

It sounds like you are burnt out on Disney...perhaps a break is in order if you can't see the effective ways you could deal with this situation. It's just easier to mash out some generic complaints and say "everything is bad", though, isn't it?

AEfx

WDWFigment

AEfx, I can't believe the inordinate amount of time you're giving in response to the OP's ranting jibber-jabber. You're 100% right on all of your points, though!

AEfx

The computer age as well as the overall increase of plain laziness

The worst is when you get kids who have never seen a word or phrase properly used and then they adopt it incorrectly based on seeing that misuse.

Example :

"Mute point"

"For all intensive purposes..."

That's my biggest pet peeve. I don't expect everyone to write like they are a dictionary or a style guide (I certainly make plenty of errors), but when someone is yelling about something and using run-on sentence fragments (I never knew such a thing existed until this thread, LOL) it's hard not to point it out. However, the poster in question has slowed down and is a bit easier to understand now; I can do without much punctuation and capitalization if I simply understand what is being said.

Spelling is my big thing...I'm terrible. I try to force myself to either a) look up words I'm uncertain of, or if that's not available, b) use a different word if I am unsure of a spelling. I learned to read by recognition and not phonetics, so spelling has always been an issue for me.

AEfx

AEfx

AEfx, I can't believe the inordinate amount of time you're giving in response to the OP's ranting jibber-jabber. You're 100% right on all of your points, though!

LOL while I'll admit I was having a bit of fun with him, I honestly did want him to know the ways he could effectively get his point across to Disney. I didn't just explain it for his benefit but for a few others who seem to be "Disney sucks, I wanna complain" yet don't tell Disney directly to allow them to do something about it.

Just killing time until the morning when I go to the World. And, honestly, while I may be a bit over the top, my intent really is to help. You can't get what you want, or issues corrected, if you don't ask for them to be, unfortunately. ;)

AEfx

You People Kill Me. Know Matter What Happens At Disney Is Alright I Don't Think So. A Family Of Five For A Weeks Worth Of Tickets 900-1000 Dollars. They Should Get What They Paid For Rides That Work, Clean Parks,cms That Are Not Rude,rooms That Are Clean And Every Thing Works. Disney Doesn't Give Refunds If Everything Isn't Working They Just Want Your Money. Disneys Responce If You Don't Come To The Parks Someone Else Will. I Just Returned From The World The Parks, Hotels, Service Worst I've Seen In Years

i am not upset because someone responded to my post.and i don't need someone to grade my post this is not an english test. my point is disney thinks that what ever product is given on any day what you get is what you get like it or not. when a ride breaks down for the day or isn't working up to par too bad. when a cm tells you something that is not true and tells you to prove it and you lose two hours at the park because you have to go back to your hotel to get the proof and your right cm so what. when you have a room at the beach club that they give you knowing there is no hot water and it takes six days to fix. i have been to disney forty -fifty times my feeling is it is steadly geting worse. when at the park it smells like one big restroom and not as clean oa in the past. thats my point.

First Caps, then no Caps....You better be glad this isn't an english test!

WDWFigment

LOL while I'll admit I was having a bit of fun with him, I honestly did want him to know the ways he could effectively get his point across to Disney. I didn't just explain it for his benefit but for a few others who seem to be "Disney sucks, I wanna complain" yet don't tell Disney directly to allow them to do something about it.

Just killing time until the morning when I go to the World. And, honestly, while I may be a bit over the top, my intent really is to help. You can't get what you want, or issues corrected, if you don't ask for them to be, unfortunately. ;)

AEfx

Over the top? Maybe a little, but the intentions are quite clear. As for the stylistic pet peeves, I am a member of the computer generation in question, and I must say the same things bother me. It doesn't take a whole lot to learn proper grammar, style, and spelling (or at least to learn where to find the resources to aid in correcting one's errors). To this day, I think one of the most beneficial aspects of my formal education was my introduction to The Elements of Style by Strunk and White.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom