What's the deal with this whole snow white mine train thing?

patrickbillet

Original Poster
I've been hearing rumors, but haven't found a thread on here. Is it coming to the new fantasyland now or what? What is the design said to be like? And is it said to be a big coaster such as rock n roller coaster? Or something along the lines of a kid goofy coaster? I'm so lost someone fill me in please.

spectromagic04

Yes the mine ride is coming its replacing the princess meet and greets. Also it will not be a high thrill ride or a kiddie coaster it will be somewhere between big thunder and barnstormer. So it will be basically a dark ride on steroids.

RSoxNo1

Yes the mine ride is coming its replacing the princess meet and greets. Also it will not be a high thrill ride or a kiddie coaster it will be somewhere between big thunder and barnstormer. So it will be basically a dark ride on steroids.

lol i give you props on that line

I can't stand that cliche. I know I probably come off as whiney here, but I cringe whenever I see that.

As for the Mine Car Ride itself, the comparison I've heard is that it's similar to the Calico mine ride at Knott's Berry Farm. A dark ride with a bit of a thrill component, but the thrill component should be mild enough to not necessitate a height requirement.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm hearing now it'll be around 1/3 indoors, 2/3 outdoors.
That makes it not much like Calico, which is 90% indoors.

Still waiting on some art...

Horizonsfan

I'm hearing now it'll be around 1/3 indoors, 2/3 outdoors.
That makes it not much like Calico, which is 90% indoors.

Still waiting on some art...

That's seems counter-intuitive if the theme is a mine cart. (Not complaining, just confused)

The thrill level of the ride has been discussed ad-nauseum. What can we expect in the level of detailing? Closer to BTMRR & Splash or Barnstormer?

Fable McCloud

I think having the mine cart ride be sort of like Thunder Mountain might be a good idea. It would be family appropriate, while still being interesting for adults and thrilling for smaller children. I also think that those fractions aught to be flip-flopped, with 2/3 indoors, and 1/3 outdoors.

If I get the chance to ride SWSA before it disappears, than cool. If I don't then I won't know what I'm missing and I'll be sad, but much less sad than if I knew the ride.

Anyone else think of the Donkey Kong games for SNES when they think of mine cart roller-coasters?:p

captainkidd

So it's definite they're getting rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures????

That sucks. As if there weren't far too few dark rides at the MK to begin with.

Skipper03

I don't think anything is for sure yet! I haven't read anything about this certain coaster or the certain removal of SWSA. Isn't there an official announcement about the new expansion plans coming out this month?

Lee

Adventurer
What can we expect in the level of detailing? Closer to BTMRR & Splash or Barnstormer?
My understanding is that they are gonna theme the heck out of it. So, closer to BTMRR than Barnstormer would seem to make sense, though I wouldn't hold my breath for anything that detailed.

Yeah, pretty definite. I have yet to hear otherwise.

Ignohippo

2/3 outdoors? Not too smart given the rain we get here everyday during the summer.

You'd think, with the concept of a mine train, that it would be the other way around (1/3 outdoors, 2/3 indoors). I would think the theming would be hard to pull off outdoors as well.

Do you think they'll build a dwarves cottage meet & greet next to it as well? It would seem to make sense.

NYwdwfan

I don't think anything is for sure yet! I haven't read anything about this certain coaster or the certain removal of SWSA. Isn't there an official announcement about the new expansion plans coming out this month?

Oh no - Anna's big announcement rears its ugly head again!

imagineer boy

I'm hoping it'll be 100% indoors, I honestly can't see it working too well if its half outdoors with Florida's weather.

And Lee, is it known yet if the ride will be a dark ride like the current attraction except with a coaster segment during the mine scene? At least I'm hoping it will be like that.

That sucks. As if there weren't far too few dark rides at the MK to begin with.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll build a new dark ride in its place once the temporary princess meet n greet is done.

Although personally I think they should send the princesses straight to the sky way station and build somthing new immediately in the old snow white space.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm hoping it'll be 100% indoors, I honestly can't see it working too well if its half outdoors with Florida's weather.

And Lee, is it known yet if the ride will be a dark ride like the current attraction except with a coaster segment during the mine scene? At least I'm hoping it will be like that.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll build a new dark ride in its place once the temporary princess meet n greet is done.

Although personally I think they should send the princesses straight to the sky way station and build somthing new immediately in the old snow white space.
Don't tell that to KS, Kali, E:E, BTMRR , JC or the myriad of spinner attractions all of which seem to have endless lines. :D

Sure indoor attractions are ideal but an outdoor section is hardly the kiss of death for an attraction in WDW.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Question for those who are wondering how this will be affected by Florida's rainy weather. And this is because I can't remember off the top of my head.

How does the rainy weather affect the current outdoor attractions that may be similar, like BTMRR and Barnstormer? Would this new ride be any different in action as to how those rides are handled with the rainy weather?

I have no issues racing through 2/3 outdoors, if they really do go with the woods theming that was in the original concept artwork, just re-themed to be SW instead of the chateau/cottage. I think it would be a nice ride. I just dont have the idea of how the weather might affect it, because I can't remember how the weather affects the current rides that go outdoors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom