What's Still On and What's Now Off

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone have any new/updated information on where things stand in terms of project timelines?
Is Space 2020 still anticipated to open in 2020? Same with Rat (I'm assuming it is)? New Epcot Fireworks show?
How about the timelines on Tron and GOTG? Are they going to have their anticipated opening dates pushed back?

If you thought planning for a Disney World Vacation was hard before......
Plan on nothing new being open. If it is it’ll be a bonus.

The schedules are blown to pot.

doctornick

So there's so many threads and I haven't been able to read all the posts, but I was wondering if anyone knows/has answered the following things:

1. Are "shows" going to be running when the parks reopen? There seems to be a concern for indoor stuff in general but they could have parties separate by a number of seats in most venues to help with social distancing. I'd hope/think that at least the 4D movies/Circle Vision and AA shows would be continue - not as sure about the live ones like the stunt show/BatB at DHS/Nemo/FOTLK, etc which seems likely to not be happening

2. I know that fireworks and parades are out, but what about Fantasmic! or RoL or the projection shows? I'm assuming they'd be off too for the same reasons. Again,a theater set up like F! or RoL might theoretically be possible with reduced capacity and social distancing.

3. This may sound silly, but I'm curious about the "games" like SOTMK, the Pirates one, Agent P (was that ever switched to Ducktales?). They seem like something that can exist with the new found rules. I actually think that if they exist, that would make the reduction of attractions more palatable by giving some cool "things to do" while in the parks

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So there's so many threads and I haven't been able to read all the posts, but I was wondering if anyone knows/has answered the following things:

1. Are "shows" going to be running when the parks reopen? There seems to be a concern for indoor stuff in general but they could have parties separate by a number of seats in most venues to help with social distancing. I'd hope/think that at least the 4D movies/Circle Vision and AA shows would be continue - not as sure about the live ones like the stunt show/BatB at DHS/Nemo/FOTLK, etc which seems likely to not be happening

2. I know that fireworks and parades are out, but what about Fantasmic! or RoL or the projection shows? I'm assuming they'd be off too for the same reasons. Again,a theater set up like F! or RoL might theoretically be possible with reduced capacity and social distancing.

3. This may sound silly, but I'm curious about the "games" like SOTMK, the Pirates one, Agent P (was that ever switched to Ducktales?). They seem like something that can exist with the new found rules. I actually think that if they exist, that would make the reduction of attractions more palatable by giving some cool "things to do" while in the parks
Bumping these questions because I’d like to know as well

gerarar

Premium Member
I would assume and think that Fantasmic! be the easiest nighttime spectacular out of the 4 parks to implement social distancing due to its large seating capacity. The only problem is the logistics of getting people in and out. You would have to tell people to wait to exit, have sections of the amphitheater exit accordingly at a time, with distancing between parties/groups.

Along with that, I would imagine the costs are very high for a show like F! at this time, from all the cast members and show performers required for a show like this.

With DHS closing at 8pm, it’s totally possible to have a 7pm or 7:30pm showing. But its the logistics of getting people out that would probably kill this possibility..

I can’t believe it’s gonna be a really long while ‘til I will be able to hear Mickey again say,

“Some Imagination Huh?!”...
:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom