What's Still On and What's Now Off

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
2020 Disney fans: I can't imagine Disney World opening with just Magic Kingdom and a few hotels

1971:

View attachment 462381
With social distancing and one park available, I would expect the line to snake around the Asian and Venetian resorts, past the Persian, and around Bay Lake near Blackbeard’s Island!

Fsunolekrw

I’ll play along. Best guess is anything that was on the down slope of being finished will get completed to draw people in (make money) and just because it logically makes more sense to finish something that is all but done (remaining cost to finish is relatively low).

ON:
Rat
Guardians
Space 220 (big $ maker)
Tron

OFF or DELAYED:
Everything else

TrainsOfDisney

I’ll play along. Best guess is anything that was on the down slope of being finished will get completed to draw people in (make money) and just because it logically makes more sense to finish something that is all but done (remaining cost to finish is relatively low).

ON:
Rat
Guardians
Space 220 (big $ maker)
Tron

OFF or DELAYED:
Everything else

Rat is close enough to being done it will probably actually open.

Guardians and Tron? There is ALOT of money still to go on both of those projects. Just depends how long this goes and how bad it’s looking for the next few years.

As for space? Epcot doesn’t need any new restaurants right now... it seemed odd that they were adding a new sit down at Epcot to begin with, but especially now it makes no sense.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
ON: Currently nothing because they shut down all work. When that changes by project depends on the extent to which the parks reopen and when the parks reopen as well as the depth and length of the recession plus whether they reopen because some big fix was discovered (successful antiviral etc) or whether they’re simply trying to make it work, plus attendance and hotel booking trends. It’s a moving target.

OFF: Currently everything because they shut down all work. When things come off depends on the extent to which the parks reopen and when the parks reopen as well as the depth and length of the recession plus whether they reopen because some big fix was discovered (successful antiviral etc) or whether they’re trying to make it work, plus attendance and hotel booking trends. It’s a moving target.

You’re welcome.

Demarke

Premium Member
Rat is close enough to being done it will probably actually open.

Guardians and Tron? There is ALOT of money still to go on both of those projects. Just depends how long this goes and how bad it’s looking for the next few years.

As for space? Epcot doesn’t need any new restaurants right now... it seemed odd that they were adding a new sit down at Epcot to begin with, but especially now it makes no sense.
Good news, it’s opening this winter!! 😉

B4E51E24-C3A1-4BF5-B442-7D2985A5E1B4.jpeg

Demarke

Premium Member
Well I’d say they’ve already missed that mark!!! I mean that’s been up there for a while hasn’t it?
I’d say so, they removed winter from the title (to coming soon), but not the copy below!

But to be fair, they never specified which winter “this winter” was referring to. We’ve got winter in Brazil starting up next month and then November-ish we’ll have *technically* (the best kind of correct) more winter 2020 here in the states!

DoleWhipDrea

But by the time the parks open, the theory, anyway, is that this wave of SARS-Cov-2 will have burned through most of the populated areas, so those remaining uninfected shouldn't be at any major risk from those who were infected and who have fully recovered.

Sadly, we can’t be too certain that people that catch the virus can’t definitively catch it again. There are multiple cases around the world of people testing positive for COVID-19 a second time after being declared fully recovered and released from the hospital. We’re still trying to figure out if the virus lays dormant for a little bit then rears it’s ugly head again, if there have been testing errors, if patients have been released too early, or perhaps patients have been misdiagnosed from the get-go. I get concerned every time I see someone talk about building up immunity...we just don’t know enough yet to make any assumptions. It’s part of the reason why this virus has spread so rapidly and is so dangerous.

Until the experts have things figured out, we need to be on lockdown.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Sorry I should have specified what I was asking. 😅 My question is Brayden said Poppins is supposed to be a indoor teacups ride. He also described Disney's plan for EPCOT. I was just curious if you thought he was correct.

It's always been horses, but the mechanism for moving the horses has never been a simple carousel spinner. Would I call it tea cups? No, because the horses don't spin individually. However, this is all for naught at this point... super unlikely to see the addition any time soon, if ever, and even then there's now way too much time for reiterating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom