What's Still On and What's Now Off

sbunit

I'm sorry if this has been brought up previously but Ive been curious....
With all the speculation regarding opening the parks with new guidelines (whether temporary or permanent) to keep up with social distancing, I couldn't help but wonder how this may affect the virtual queuing specifically for ROTR. I know there is speculation that Disney may attempt to roll out more virtual queues for rides where possible, but specifically for ROTR people mass together prior to park opening in very large and tight groups so they can get in on the virtual queue. Does Disney maybe change policy for ROTR and establish a new virtual queuing process where you make definitive predetermined reservations regarding when you board in an attempt to eliminate this pre-park opening mass herding?

TrainsOfDisney

I'm sorry if this has been brought up previously but Ive been curious....
With all the speculation regarding opening the parks with new guidelines (whether temporary or permanent) to keep up with social distancing, I couldn't help but wonder how this may affect the virtual queuing specifically for ROTR. I know there is speculation that Disney may attempt to roll out more virtual queues for rides where possible, but specifically for ROTR people mass together prior to park opening in very large and tight groups so they can get in on the virtual queue. Does Disney maybe change policy for ROTR and establish a new virtual queuing process where you make definitive predetermined reservations regarding when you board in an attempt to eliminate this pre-park opening mass herding?

While I’m not sure what the solution will be.... they won’t be able to pack people in like that again I’m certain of that. ( not for a while anyways).

TrainsOfDisney

There's been too much progress on Tron to label it "iffy" right now. Anything can happen but Tron and Guardians are the two major attractions opening for the 50th anniversary which is even more important now because they'll need to entice customers back. They've already spent so much money on the development and construction and are so far along in it that the only real way to cut back money at this point would be on the parts that the guests see. Thats could negatively impact guest satisfaction with the whole experience which wouldn't be smart. Delayed, for sure, but definitely not cancelled.

It just depends on how long this really lasts. Not just park closure, but also worldwide travel restrictions. At some point it will be a poor business decision to continue construction.

Getachew

Don’t let them bother you. If you’re a fake, your guesses are so good that you’re just as reliable as someone with sources.

Remember everyone, this is Rumors and News. Let’s not chase away someone who has been reliable and pretty credible. If you want more certainty, I’d suggest:

The rest of us will keep enjoying this thread.

This sounds exactly right. Walt Disney World is going to have to be painfully careful reopening. My big fear is that some of these societal changes may not go away. Iger is comparing this to the post 9/11 world. This is going to be a tricky needle to thread.

I’m just thinking of the pain that will be getting people to the Magic Kingdom entrance from parking. Spacing people out at security. Carefully spacing people out waiting in line at the TTC. Then spacing people out on the boats and monorails. Then spacing people out at the entrance.

That’s just getting people to the front gates!

This will crater capacity. Reopening will take a total reimagining of the entire guest experience. Disney was already suffering from chronic overcrowding, and now that same crowd needs to be kept several feet apart. This is a disaster. On the bright side, Disney’s attendance may be down so the overcrowding becomes a nonissue. But that creates its own host of issues! Disney’s financial “Rock of Gibraltar” will then be in a pickle.

Something we haven’t talked about... How long will Epcot be closed? Could that park go into a “deep hibernation” and not reopen until 2021? And if the economy is really bad, could they keep it offline longer? Epcot’s business model in recent years was primarily festivals and leeching off of the more successful parks as rides and attractions were shuttered or left to rot. If you want an easy way to control costs and drive business to fewer points of sale... Why reopen a park that will just cannibalize your other parks? Going from four to three parks a during this down economy seems smart.

When the economy starts recovering, then reopen Epcot. That means new rides and renovations can be deferred for the time being.

Just thinking...

When it comes to social distancing, Epcot is arguably the best park to practice it.

Getachew

No its not. Every one congregated in world showcase. There is no way they can practice social distancing after 7pm.
You're assuming the park hours would be the same, or that everything will be open. That won't be the case with any park. And Epcot has vastly more space than the other parks, besides DAK.

disney4life2008

You're assuming the park hours would be the same, or that everything will be open. That won't be the case with any park. And Epcot has vastly more space than the other parks, besides DAK.

I'm saying generally speaking. I do think hours will be adjusted. But even still, on a afternoon in epcot, people crowd world showcase.

disney4life2008

nowhere near the other parks levels, unless there's a Festival going on.

I'm confused. We must be going to two different epcots. Yes the festivals being even more people. But if you remove that, people still crowd so they can drink around the world. And they are doing this in massive groups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Getachew

I'm confused. We must be going to two different epcots. Yes the festivals being even more people. But if you remove that, people still crowd so they can drink around the world. And they are doing this in massive groups.

I'm not saying Epcot doesn't get crowded, but it's easily the least crowded of the parks these days, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom