What's Still On and What's Now Off

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And that is epcot problem. Disney has relied on festivals as a bandaid to cover that epcot is the most boring theme park of all their parks world wide. Yes, even worse than California adventure at its worst.

"Festival" is basically the new theme for two thirds of new Future World... World Celebrate and World Discovery. They're doubling down on "festival."

Festicot.

Getachew

And that is epcot problem. Disney has relied on festivals as a bandaid to cover that epcot is the most boring theme park of all their parks world wide. Yes, even worse than California adventure at its worst.

I like the Festivals, but you have a point. They rely on them wayyyy too much, hence the changes they are (were?) trying to make.

DoleWhipDrea

RAT is pretty close to completion and was going to be the shiny new thing to promote in a few months. I don’t think Disney is going to want EPCOT to be in a significantly longer hibernation than the rest of the parks - a month or so, sure, but not anything tremendously longer than that. And Food and Wine, while it would be problematic in terms of crowds and social distancing, is a major annual event. It’s all going to boil down to how things play out in the next few weeks... I wish I could be positive, but seeing how poorly people behave just at the grocery store, I’m skeptical. China is now going through a second wave because they eased up on lockdown restrictions too early.

In the article where Bob Iger talks about what reopening the parks may look like, he emphasized in his first sentence that it would be to give guests the appearance of safety. Taking guests’ temperatures, while somewhat helpful, doesn’t guarantee that turning away anyone with a high temperature prevents anyone with the virus from visiting. But seeing them take that extra step will give some guests more comfort, and that’s going to be their focus, after the feel the worst of the threat has passed. And that’s going to be something they trust the experts to recommend them on.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
RAT is pretty close to completion and was going to be the shiny new thing to promote in a few months. I don’t think Disney is going to want EPCOT to be in a significantly longer hibernation than the rest of the parks - a month or so, sure, but not anything tremendously longer than that. And Food and Wine, while it would be problematic in terms of crowds and social distancing, is a major annual event. It’s all going to boil down to how things play out in the next few weeks... I wish I could be positive, but seeing how poorly people behave just at the grocery store, I’m skeptical. China is now going through a second wave because they eased up on lockdown restrictions too early.

In the article where Bob Iger talks about what reopening the parks may look like, he emphasized in his first sentence that it would be to give guests the appearance of safety. Taking guests’ temperatures, while somewhat helpful, doesn’t guarantee that turning away anyone with a high temperature prevents anyone with the virus from visiting. But seeing them take that extra step will give some guests more comfort, and that’s going to be their focus, after the feel the worst of the threat has passed. And that’s going to be something they trust the experts to recommend them on.
Correct. "Temperature theater." Let's hope the outside temperature is under 98 F.

But by the time the parks open, the theory, anyway, is that this wave of SARS-Cov-2 will have burned through most of the populated areas, so those remaining uninfected shouldn't be at any major risk from those who were infected and who have fully recovered.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Back to the OP, I’d say there’s more off than on as of now. It is undecided if or when what is off comes back on.

I can’t say more so there’s no list.
Pure guess but:

On :
Space 220 (To now open Fall 2020)
RAT (To now open in Winter 2020)
Harmonious (To now open in Winter 2020)
Partial Spine (but watered down from original or at least cleaned up a bit and paths re-opened)
Epcot Front Entrance (To be completed Winter 2020)
GoTG (i'd say this one gets put on hold until 2022)
China Movie
TRON (To be delayed until Late Summer 2021)
Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana (Delayed until 2022)

Off with no intention of opening/refurbing for a few years:
Star Cruiser Hotel
Play! Pavillion
Reflections DVC Resort
Mary Poppins
Spaceship Earth Refurb
Epcot Festival Building
STITCH Replacement

TiggerDad

Pure guess but:

On :
Partial Spine (but watered down from original or at least cleaned up a bit and paths re-opened)
China Movie

Star Cruiser Hotel
Play! Pavillion
Reflections DVC Resort
Mary Poppins
Spaceship Earth Refurb
Epcot Festival Building
STITCH Replacement
Sorry, but your post is off-topic. We can't be talking about lists of what's on and what's off in this thread. ;)

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Pure guess but:

On :
China Movie

Star Cruiser Hotel
Play! Pavillion
Reflections DVC Resort
Mary Poppins
Spaceship Earth Refurb
Epcot Festival Building
STITCH Replacement

This is the most accurate current list.

On:
Nothing
Off:
Everything

Animaniac93-98

2020 Disney fans: I can't imagine Disney World opening with just Magic Kingdom and a few hotels

1971:

1586543982078.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom