What's Still On and What's Now Off

WDW Pro

Original Poster
There is no need to attack WDW Pro, he has presented his information fairly and it is what it is.

As for antibody testing Admiral Giroir announced yesterday that antibody testing would be able to be scaled up much quicker then the antigen testing and he expects this test to be available soon.

You'll notice that the only thing they ever attack me on is the one thing that didn't pan out (my projections for Frozen 2 box office revenue which were based on Skywalker hitting projected revenues). I've literally announced exclusively the Mary Poppins attraction, Close the Gap initiative, have repeatedly given internal statistics for attractions that are not public knowledge, explained the interactions between Lucasfilm and WDI in developing Galaxy's Edge with architectural proof of modifications... but I'm bludgeoned by a few trolls because I missed a box office projection. You'll also notice that actual insiders don't bludgeon me.

Where did the original poster's list come from? Guesses? Bc Moana is set to open next year. So what's the REAL list?

https:///2020/04/moana-journey-of-water-2021-opening-ba1/

Absolutely nothing is set at this moment, and precisely because there are too many variables for Disney at the moment. What does the economy look like in six months? What is the state of the disease? How much government stimulus money can they get, and what are the stipulations? What new regulations will need to be in place? And while we wait for those answers, billions of dollars are being lost in summer revenue with negligible income across the entire company.

That said, you can expect that any project which can be delayed or cut, will be delayed or cut, unless there is some miraculous way that the American Government prevents a steep recession. Even if that plays out, though, it is unlikely that Disney will have international guest revenues anywhere near prior normal numbers for years.

Surferboy567

That said, you can expect that any project which can be delayed or cut, will be delayed or cut, unless there is some miraculous way that the American Government prevents a steep recession. Even if that plays out, though, it is unlikely that Disney will have international guest revenues anywhere near prior normal numbers for years.

I think the confusion comes from what is considered an essential project. You have outlined them.

-TRON
-Guardians
-Rat (done basically)
-Play? (This one is unclear)

Everything else with a few exceptions like

-Space 220 (a lot is done but maybe will take some time for Patina to fund)
-Epcot ENTRANCE (basically done made evident by fountain permit).

Is up in the air.

Let the record show though, I personally rather have Moana any day of the week over pavement.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Mr. Buffet is that you? Oracle of Omaha? Many respected economists and financial institutions have indicated that the recovery will be a quick one, not a prolonged period of recession. There are many factors to consider, but if you look at what key people are saying it is not going to be doom and gloom you are predicting

My county passed our FY21 budget last night. Right off the top, they froze 3% of the budget based on expected tax revenues being down. What did that impact? Employee wages and new hires. This is just the leading edge of pull backs you will see as the forecast and dealing with the consequences of the shutdown will bring. And this is from a government which has very stable assets it generates revenues from. Imagine you're a company that is purely sales driven...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. Epcot creates posters for new and old attractions for the roll out of New Epcot.

2. People clamor for the posters.

3. Eventually, the posters get released in a limited edition set over time.

4. They finally get around to the Moana Journey of Water poster on sale.

5. The blurb for the poster mentions the 2021 opening date which would have been totally super obvious to anyone who really follows Disney that that was just an old blurb attached to the poster that never got updated.

6. Apparently, some bloggers who really don't know Disney like they think they do, and would like their readers to think that they know Disney a lot better than they actually do, think that this is a recent official announcement from Disney stating they will open the Moana Journey of Water in 2021.

7. The bloggers proclaim that Moana, Journey of Water is not getting the possible axe in the COVID troubles and is set for a definite go in 2021.

8. Readers of those blogs assume these bloggers know what they're talking about and repeat it.

9. Disney sees this fiasco and removes the 2021 mention from the blurb.

10. History tells us that no one will have learned anything from this. Bloggers will continue to be blind to how Disney operates. They will continue to make dumb assumptions and pass it off as news. People still give them the clicks after chomping down on their bait full of nonsense.

[end]

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not saying this is reliable...but has this been discussed? Permits for installation of the prism in the fountain.

Mickey Views just posted it (they look too real) to be fake.

Yes, it's reliable, these were filed about two weeks ago. I posted about them here:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom