What's Still On and What's Now Off

Getachew

That's impressive! I'd guess food service has the longest lead task to review, order and receive goods. Ride and show quality probably is only a few days to ensure everything is safe and reliable.

All depends on the circumstances of when reopening is too. Even if it re-opens, it may take significant time for everything to be fully back to normal. I'm not convinced people will want to come spend money to stay in a resort to go to a Magic Kingdom that only has some rides working, and under certain conditions. Maybe I'm wrong though.

captainbuzzy

All depends on the circumstances of when reopening is too. Even if it re-opens, it may take significant time for everything to be fully back to normal. I'm not convinced people will want to come spend money to stay in a resort to go to a Magic Kingdom that only has some rides working, and under certain conditions. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'm sure at re-opening it won't be 100% but after being sheltered at home for 4 or more weeks it is hard to predict how people will react. I feel like this period of being sheltered is like winding a spring and bottling up potential. China has shown that people want to get back to human interaction pretty quickly. The honest answer is that nobody on the planet can know what will happen next which is simultaneously comforting and terrifying.

Getachew

I'm sure at re-opening it won't be 100% but after being sheltered at home for 4 or more weeks it is hard to predict how people will react. I feel like this period of being sheltered is like winding a spring and bottling up potential. China has shown that people want to get back to human interaction pretty quickly. The honest answer is that nobody on the planet can know what will happen next which is simultaneously comforting and terrifying.

You're right, but Disney is expensive, and a lot of people are getting hit hard financially. Plus, a lot of people will likely be very nervous for a bit entering a large place that people from around the world come to, or even locally. But time will tell. It's a lot easier to go to your local movie cineplex than a massive theme park.

UNCgolf

I wouldn’t expect it to be a location that they focus on staffing and opening when the park first opens

I've speculated elsewhere (or maybe even in this thread) but I don't expect it to reopen. If they open it as is, they're still advertising Mary Poppins (which is almost certainly not happening anytime soon, if at all) and possibly other things that may be axed. If they do change it, it will be taken as an announcement that whatever was removed is cancelled.

Easier to just leave it closed for now until they figure out what they want to do.

peter11435

I've speculated elsewhere (or maybe even in this thread) but I don't expect it to reopen. If they open it as is, they're still advertising Mary Poppins (which is almost certainly not happening anytime soon, if at all) and possibly other things that may be axed. If they do change it, it will be taken as an announcement that whatever was removed is cancelled.

Easier to just leave it closed for now until they figure out what they want to do.
I think it will reopen. Just not right away and not without updates.

ToTBellHop

There are TONS of people champing at the bit to return on day 1, even if only the outdoor spinners are open.

I’m addicted to Disney like all of us, but I don’t want this to taint my WDW experience, so we booked Vero Beach for 4th of July. We have never been, will get some Disney without having to observe how the parks are different, and honestly, relaxing at a small resort on the water sounds really nice after this. Disney World will be there next year for us.

Last edited:

Lilofan

There are TONS of people chomping at the bit to return on day 1, even if only the outdoor spinners are open.

I’m addicted to Disney like all of us, but I don’t want this to taint my WDW experience, so we booked Vero Beach for 4th of July. We have never been, will get some Disney without having to observe how the parks are different, and honestly, relaxing at a small resort on the water sounds really nice after this. Disney World will be there next year for us.
TONS? with the current economic conditions and millions unemployed? I would not be that optimistic.

Magic Feather

I know. I worry they will end up with enormous queues this summer when large structures are closed and crazed fans who read Disney Food Blog show up for family fun and carrot cake cookie sandwiches.
Exactly. As someone that isn’t a local, it pains me even more to say this, but if you are not within a 1hr driving radius of WDW (we can extend it to The I-4 Corridor to generalize it), I would strongly recommend pushing off any vacations past summer (minimum into August). There are a lot of risks, and this especially goes if you have underlying health conditions. Nobody asked for this situation, but now that we have it, we should all act responsibly. For instance, @MansionButler84 , I think your transfer to Vero idea is very good, as it still allows you to scratch the vacation itch, but in a more distanceable setting. Just be responsible with your vacation choices, and stay safe.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. As someone that isn’t a local, it pains me even more to say this, but if you are not within a 1hr driving radius of WDW (we can extend it to The I-4 Corridor to generalize it), I would strongly recommend pushing off any vacations past summer (minimum into August). There are a lot of risks, and this especially goes if you have underlying health conditions. Nobody asked for this situation, but now that we have it, we should all act responsibly. For instance, @MansionButler84 , I think your transfer to Vero idea is very good, as it still allows you to scratch the vacation itch, but in a more distanceable setting. Just be responsible with your vacation choices, and stay safe.
That was our thought with Vero. It’s small and we can relax, which after this, sounds heavenly. We’ve also already had Covid-19, so that’s not a worry for us. I just won’t contribute to a mess at WDW nor will I spend thousands to have (undoubtedly) a lower-quality vacation. I can wait on WDW. I can’t imagine the stress of FPs and ADRs now with the added worry that something I reserve won’t be available. No fun. I see people whining about not knowing when Space 220 will open and I shake my head.

Lilofan

That was our thought with Vero. It’s small and we can relax, which after this, sounds heavenly. We’ve also already had Covid-19, so that’s not a worry for us. I just won’t contribute to a mess at WDW nor will I spend thousands to have (undoubtedly) a lower-quality vacation. I can wait on WDW. I can’t imagine the stress of FPs and ADRs now with the added worry that something I reserve won’t be available. No fun.
Vero Beach is nice but there is always a chance of hurricane central coming your way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom