What's Still On and What's Now Off

peter11435

Same! I was supposed to arrive May 7th to be a lifeguard.... This tells you Disney is expecting to be closed through the Fall...
Not necessarily. It tells you they won’t need you May 7th and will likely not need full staffing levels for a long time. Even when things do start to reopen it will be a long time until all resorts, attractions, and other venues reopen.

nickys

Premium Member
Or do you think WDW just doesn't tailor to the UK market?

My perception, working in a primary school, is that Disney is seen very much as a kid’s destination. By the age of 8 or 9, many kids are more tempted by Potter and Spider-Man than “Disney Princesses”. WDW is definitely seen as a place for the pre-teens.

Many families start by going to DLP for a couple of days when the kids are anything from 3 to 7 and then want to go to Florida three or four years later. And for many it is a one and done, so they do Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, WDW, Kennedy. Disney maybe gets 2-4 days out of a 14 night stay.

t3techcom18

With the cancellation of the DCP what do you think this means (if anything) for a June 1st hopefully startup?

Largely, nothing. This is a good thing for FT's and PT's so they can have hours.

As for killing the Cultural Representative Program....that news doesn't bode well for Epcot, especially with how certain pavilions have regulations that only CRP's can work those pavilions (Norway is one of them).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Largely, nothing. This is a good thing for FT's and PT's so they can have hours.

As for killing the Cultural Representative Program....that news doesn't bode well for Epcot, especially with how certain pavilions have regulations that only CRP's can work those pavilions (Norway is one of them).

that’s what I was thinking. Do we think Epcot May remain closed for awhile when others open?

Club Cooloholic

Same! I was supposed to arrive May 7th to be a lifeguard.... This tells you Disney is expecting to be closed through the Fall...
It's a summer program right? My guess is that still leaves mid August as a start date or even earlier. What is more likely is that Disney doesn't want to be responsible for housing people in close quarters, as happens in the program, or any illness that comes from it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Not necessarily. It tells you they won’t need you May 7th and will likely not need full staffing levels for a long time. Even when things do start to reopen it will be a long time until all resorts, attractions, and other venues reopen.
Listen to any Disney TA and they will tell you that WDW over the summer is going to very busy. Disney has these metrics though hotel/DVC reservations, dining reservations, and ticket sales, and probably has a very good idea as to what to expect. The promotions and other offers for relocating canceled reservations, have shifted the crowds to the summer as well. Additionally once further Summer offers are announced, coupled with super cheap airfare, leads to a very interesting confluence of factors.

If they aren't back up to normal operations by July, it will be a very unpleasant time for guests.

davis_unoxx

It's a summer program right? My guess is that still leaves mid August as a start date or even earlier. What is more likely is that Disney doesn't want to be responsible for housing people in close quarters, as happens in the program, or any illness that comes from it.
No it wasn't a summer program, I was supposed to work through the end of January 2021.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I didn't think that would be possible, but with this current landscape, anything is fair game. There's so many variables at play with Epcot that is just makes one giant question mark.
If you hear the RAT being delayed then I'd agree it's not going to open with the rest, but if it is still on track to open for the Summer, then Epcot will be open.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I doubt on a regular day apart from COVID that the Norway pavilion would close down if, e.g., their workers had a bout of flu. Just a guess on my part, but I'm willing to bet that in an emergency, the owners of those businesses would want to see a profit even if it means that their venues were being run by non-international staff for a short while.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Listen to any Disney TA and they will tell you that WDW over the summer is going to very busy. Disney has these metrics though hotel/DVC reservations, dining reservations, and ticket sales, and probably has a very good idea as to what to expect. The promotions and other offers for relocating canceled reservations, have shifted the crowds to the summer as well. Additionally once further Summer offers are announced, coupled with super cheap airfare, leads to a very interesting confluence of factors.

If they aren't back up to normal operations by July, it will be a very unpleasant time for guests.

Most are holding onto their reservations thinking things will be normal. If Epcot is closed or things aren’t “normal” then I suspect many will cancel and reschedule

Ravenclaw78

Most are holding onto their reservations thinking things will be normal. If Epcot is closed or things aren’t “normal” then I suspect many will cancel and reschedule
Or they know the reservations are going to be cancelled, and are waiting for Disney to do it themselves and offer rebooking incentives instead of preemptively cancelling and getting nothing.

t3techcom18

I doubt on a regular day apart from COVID that the Norway pavilion would close down if, e.g., their workers had a bout of flu. Just a guess on my part, but I'm willing to bet that in an emergency, the owners of those businesses would want to see a profit even if it means that their venues were being run by non-international staff for a short while.

It wouldn't close down, no, but lots of force extensions would've happened. I remember during the Test and Adjust for FEA, they had CM's from other attractions throughout Future World to help out, but soft openings could not happen until the Norwegian CRP's were trained because the contract within the pavilion said that no non-Norwegian cast can work the pavilion if guests are present.

That being said, now that the CRP's are gone, it really does make me wonder if they're going to waive that arrangement or not for precisely that very reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom