What's next for MK, AK, & EPCOT?

EPCOT Explorer

Norway is planned to get a lot of love, depending on who pays for it. SkyDance is sinking. Aside from more places to eat and drink that`s it. The Germany / Japan attraction died with the economy.
Depends how small you`d call the UOE overhaul. And what funding is available for both and by whom. Imagination V4s funding has been through more hoops than the whole Space Mountain mess.

Can't wait for Norway...

I heard SkyDance was stone cold dead....

Germany and Japan news makes me very, very sad. :(

JII liked to SM? That is highly disturbing.

misterID

Norway is planned to get a lot of love, depending on who pays for it. SkyDance is sinking. Aside from more places to eat and drink that`s it. The Germany / Japan attraction died with the economy.
Depends how small you`d call the UOE overhaul. And what funding is available for both and by whom. Imagination V4s funding has been through more hoops than the whole Space Mountain mess.

:cry:

Man, the Imagination project just needs to be taken out of TDO's hands. Whatever cool stuff is planned will surely be widdled down to nothin'.

Wilt Dasney

If they keep waiting until everything is current, refurbed and up to date before a 5th park, they will never have one. Things ALWAYS need updating and refurbing. When will they not?
Just speaking for myself, I don't think they need everything in tiptop condition before building a new park. I think they need to fill out the 4 parks they have to the point that they're all complete, full day (and then some) experiences. MK and Epcot are pretty solid; DHS and AK need work, I think.

Studios Fan

It was exactly 11 years between the openings of Magic Kingdom and EPCOT Center. Last April was Animal Kingdom's 11th anniversary, which means we're now in the longest period of WDW history without a new park opening.

Which is fine by me. There's plenty of work to do on the parks they have now. I don't think it's anywhere near time for a new park.

As kind of a neat aside, all 4 WDW theme parks opened in the time it took Disneyland to get one sister park (1955-2001). I know the properties are completely different, but I think there's a lesson there in how much DL has accomplished with such a small footprint. I'd much rather see 4 fully developed theme parks at WDW than what we have now combined with a 5th half-day park based on villain coasters or whatever simply because they have the land to build it.

Well said.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My expectations have just been hit by an RPG.
No no no... it`s better news. Had Imag happened already it would have been another half baked C Ticket. By holding on it over and over it means starting the project at the right time with a decent budget instead of a knee jerk plusing of the 1999 version.

misterID

Well, that does make me more hopeful. Not doing anything rather than doing it half-azzed sounds good.

What were the German and Japan attractions? I heard so much about the Mt. Fuji or Swiss Village themed matterhorn ride. I've always been curious about how close (or real) these were to happening.

EPCOT Explorer

No no no... it`s better news. Had Imag happened already it would have been another half baked C Ticket. By holding on it over and over it means starting the project at the right time with a decent budget instead of a knee jerk plusing of the 1999 version.

:sohappy::sohappy:

So............when do they start? :lol:

Loaded question, huh?

SirGoofy

Phew, don't scare me like that, Marin!:lol:

Sounds great! Let's close that pavilion down!:sohappy:

Studios Fan

That's great news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom