What's next for Epcot 2024 and Beyond

Bocabear

While I would not like that for Spaceship Earth, it is pretty darn amazing. I wonder how that technology would hold up in the Florida climate and weather. Rebuilding Tomorrowland's Gull-wing waterfalls with giant wrapped screens like this and the tower jet in the middle could be pretty amazing and allow them to be waterfalls during the day and show elements at night... Lots of things could be done with that...
1688647610707.png

1688648384683.png

bottom image is Tokyo Disneyland that never tore their waterfalls down...but imagine the graphics on screens so they were in motion.... It would be amazing...and a proper entrance to the land.... a big wow moment...

CampbellzSoup

I’m not sure but what I do know is they better not contract with that construction company again in a month and a half over here they tore down an old shopping plaza and made a new one with fresh landscaping and the stores are opening next week as opposed to this mess that’s taken four years

mightynine

I wouldn't want a Sphere on SSE, but something like that (smaller in scale, of course) would work quite nicely as a centerpiece for the new Epcot nighttime show.

JP

TTA94

Is it out of the question they would ever completely redo SSE as a whole? Not anytime soon but I feel like the attraction itself is not safe from being gutted and replaced by something completely different.

Bocabear

Google time racers - project Gemini
While I hated the idea of changing any of the classic attractions at EPCOT, there were parts of Project Gemini that were pretty great...adding an Autopia to the Test Track pavilion and a rainforest coaster to The Land would be great additions to the front half of the park adding capacity and thrills... The green-ification of the central core they are basically doing now.... just need the added capacity...
Maybe if Epcot received a very nice Autopia at Test Track, they may feel comfortable letting the Speedway in the Magic Kingdom go to be used for something better

aladdin2007

Is it out of the question they would ever completely redo SSE as a whole? Not anytime soon but I feel like the attraction itself is not safe from being gutted and replaced by something completely different.
no but it would just cost too much, this is a management that doesn't even want to touch it for an update or cleanup much less a complete gutting and rebuild/redesign. It would probably be one of the most difficult jobs they ever attempted, Im sure marni would agree. I think they are better off with an update, cleanup, redo, but not the lame storyteller stuff. I hope all of those individuals have moved on.

Gran Fiesta

While I would not like that for Spaceship Earth, it is pretty darn amazing. I wonder how that technology would hold up in the Florida climate and weather. Rebuilding Tomorrowland's Gull-wing waterfalls with giant wrapped screens like this and the tower jet in the middle could be pretty amazing and allow them to be waterfalls during the day and show elements at night... Lots of things could be done with that...
View attachment 728598
View attachment 728601
bottom image is Tokyo Disneyland that never tore their waterfalls down...but imagine the graphics on screens so they were in motion.... It would be amazing...and a proper entrance to the land.... a big wow moment...
There were waterfalls in the entrance to Tomorrowland at Disney World??? Man you really miss out on the good stuff being born in the 2000s

Bocabear

Yup! All gone....and that complete redo of Tomorrowland is now mostly gone too...Only thing left of any substance is the planets around the Astro Orbiter...and what is left of the old 1971 Tomorrowland has been sort of restored...It needs some serious love and creative direction...bring it back to the shimmering futuristic cityscape it should be....and never quite was.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yep, Wall-E, Eva, and heck, even Baymax would all work easily in EPCOT. I do think IP could work in Epcot if used intelligently - it mostly hasn't been.
And instead of Elemental we got Moana lol. What a waste of a perfectly fitting IP

surfsupdon

While I hated the idea of changing any of the classic attractions at EPCOT, there were parts of Project Gemini that were pretty great...adding an Autopia to the Test Track pavilion and a rainforest coaster to The Land would be great additions to the front half of the park adding capacity and thrills... The green-ification of the central core they are basically doing now.... just need the added capacity...
Maybe if Epcot received a very nice Autopia at Test Track, they may feel comfortable letting the Speedway in the Magic Kingdom go to be used for something better
I am behind this. What a nice idea of synergy too. There’s room underneath the ramps of TT, and this would give MK so much room!

Bocabear

I am behind this. What a nice idea of synergy too. There’s room underneath the ramps of TT, and this would give MK so much room!
People really hated Project Gemini...but it seems like some of it is happening with all the trees coming into the central core... Why not an Aquatopia outside the Living Seas... (without Moana) Something like they did at Tokyo Disney Sea...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom