What's next for Epcot 2024 and Beyond

Thelazer

I would LOVE for them to bring back the original ride.. but here is the thing.
They don't seem to have the talent to pull it off.

So that said, I'd rather they not ruin it a 3rd time.

BasiltheBatLord

Interesting question for those in the know: If Disney ever remade the original JII, would that be an industry-first "remake attraction"? Not counting things like the Fantasyland rebuilds which were more like new/spiritual successor attractions.

FigmentFan82

Interesting question for those in the know: If Disney ever remade the original JII, would that be an industry-first "remake attraction"? Not counting things like the Fantasyland rebuilds which were more like new/spiritual successor attractions.
My guess yuld be yes, IF it was simply restoring everything back to how it originally was. But I don't think you update Imagination by going backwards, but you certainly look back for inspiration moving forward

WDWFREAK53

I love that idea... The Test Lab could be a must-do dining spot for that side of the park...
Especially if they reinvigorated the entire attraction...bring back the playground on the second floor, replace the 3-D theater with the Test Lab restaurant and a fantastic Lounge like the Adventurer's Club but based on The Dream Port
I would spend way more money there than any food and wine festival booths

Part of me thinks that most people spend their dining hours in World Showcase for the different cuisines so they may not see the value in adding more "Former Future World" restaurants...and then I remembered Space 220.

When I go to Disney, I'm there for the experiences. I like restaurants/bars that are just more than "food and a pretty setting." I want a unique experience to go along with it.
Experiences like Space 220, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Adventurer's Club, Trader Sam's, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Biergarten, etc. That Abracadabar was a huge missed opportunity because a "Magic Themed" restaurant with in-room effects could be so fun!

Bocabear

That was kind of my point...Adding a fantastic themed environment to the Imagination pavilion could be a lot of fun and a reason to not be eating at the German buffet... A cool aesthetic, some great effects and interesting food. Dining in the Dream Port just sounds like fun.... And sounds like a place that would be more exciting than any of the current EPCOT offerings. Maybe when the pavilion as a whole is bringing in some ROI, they can actually do a better job with the attraction and pavilion upgrades.

Mickeynerd17

That was kind of my point...Adding a fantastic themed environment to the Imagination pavilion could be a lot of fun and a reason to not be eating at the German buffet... A cool aesthetic, some great effects and interesting food. Dining in the Dream Port just sounds like fun.... And sounds like a place that would be more exciting than any of the current EPCOT offerings. Maybe when the pavilion as a whole is bringing in some ROI, they can actually do a better job with the attraction and pavilion upgrades.
People might trash me for this, but hear me out:

Convert the Magic Eye Theater into a restaurant space. I'd say there's plenty of room in there. At least it would be contributing to the pavilion as a whole again.

Aries1975

Imagination should have a restaurant "test kitchen" with all kinds of foods that don't belong together or trick your senses. Maybe a green drink that's cherry flavored. Or a cupcake that resembles a cheeseburger... That type of thing.
Years ago, when Nestle was the sponsor for the land pavilion, there was a kitchen for the kids to make and “bake“ chocolate chip cookies. Through “Disney magic,” the cookies baked instantly, were all perfect, and still warm. It was between the exit for the theater and the food court. It was a welcome break, especially if the quick service was your lunch plan or you had time before your Soaring fast pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom