What's next for Epcot 2024 and Beyond

SpectreJordan

Not to mention that the Mission: SPACE facade and courtyard still hold up nicely and could continue to work well even if they led to a wholly different attraction.
Wall-E would be a great choice. It fits the IP obsession, but it's an IP that fits the whole front half of EPCOT thematically. It's crazy that it's not already in EPCOT in a major way; sure it's not as popular as some of Pixar's other movies, but it's still pretty beloved.

tree123

Wall-E would be a great choice. It fits the IP obsession, but it's an IP that fits the whole front half of EPCOT thematically. It's crazy that it's not already in EPCOT in a major way; sure it's not as popular as some of Pixar's other movies, but it's still pretty beloved.
Yep, Wall-E, Eva, and heck, even Baymax would all work easily in EPCOT. I do think IP could work in Epcot if used intelligently - it mostly hasn't been.

Last edited:

Bocabear

but now with the new neighborhoods, which world would a "Health and Life" Pavilion fit in? Nature?, Celebration? Discovery? And does Test Track really fit "Discovery"? We all know Imagination doesn't fit "Nature"...

James Alucobond

but now with the new neighborhoods, which world would a "Health and Life" Pavilion fit in? Nature?, Celebration? Discovery? And does Test Track really fit "Discovery"? We all know Imagination doesn't fit "Nature"...
Imagination and Odyssey are officially in World Celebration. Discovery seems generic enough to me that practically anything can be argued to fit, though right now it seems the focus is on means of terrestrial, interplanetary, and intergalactic transportation.

Bocabear

Imagination and Odyssey are officially in World Celebration. Discovery seems generic enough to me that practically anything can be argued to fit, though right now it seems the focus is on means of terrestrial, interplanetary, and intergalactic transportation.
I know imagination while sitting in World Nature, is somehow part of World Celebration...it is like a gerrymandered district...lol
If the old WOL was something space themed it would make a nice grouping...I always think that it should have been combined with Space as the real pavilion...The Dome would be the Mars Base you have arrived at with multiple attractions and activities...which would have been amazing... omnimover ride from space through themed tunnels through the Martian landscape over to the actual Mars Base...Like the old Living Seas used to be...It would boost SPACE attendance for sure...

Disstevefan1

I did not see a thread specifically for this. What things do we think may or will happen going into 2024 and beyond?
A few things on my list are:

*Something being done with Test Track... Not sure what.

*Mission Space...🤮 1000% needs to be bulldozed! ANYHING would be better than this crap!

*Spaceship Earth overhaul, or rather Disney going back to the prior plans to do so.

*Journy Into Imagination... obviously hahaha

*And lastly Soarin. I feel this may also need a major overhaul. At least id LOVE to see them revert back the original soundtrack!
Nothing is going to happen to EPCOT after this (whatever it is) is completed. At least not for another 20 years.

I can't understand the hate for Mission space, while yes, it's not Horizons, I for one like it.

I mean I get it, it's not IP based, but who knows, maybe it will be reskinned to a Lightyear theme. Folks will like that, right?

Bocabear

Nothing is going to happen to EPCOT after this (whatever it is) is completed. At least not for another 20 years.

I can't understand the hate for Mission space, while yes, it's not Horizons, I for one like it.

I mean I get it, it's not IP based, but who knows, maybe it will be reskinned to a Lightyear theme. Folks will like that, right?
I like Mission Space, though to me it is just the first half of what was to be an epic Space Pavilion, and it feels incomplete...especially when it was built next to the other pavilions that had an attraction and then something more... Missions Space just has a game cnad play area... Nothing really engaging....I mean, you just flew to Mars.... There should be something.... That is my only problem with it...I like the look of the building, I think everyone just wants more....

Disstevefan1

I like Mission Space, though to me it is just the first half of what was to be an epic Space Pavilion, and it feels incomplete...especially when it was built next to the other pavilions that had an attraction and then something more... Missions Space just has a game cnad play area... Nothing really engaging....I mean, you just flew to Mars.... There should be something.... That is my only problem with it...I like the look of the building, I think everyone just wants more....
I agree, there should be more there.
The BEST pavilion in EPCOT is the Land pavilion! It has everything EXCEPT ironically, a formal gift shop. 🤣

Bocabear

I agree, there should be more there.
The BEST pavilion in EPCOT is the Land pavilion! It has everything EXCEPT ironically, a formal gift shop. 🤣
The original Living Seas was a very complete pavilion...It told a story, had lots of things to discover, Had a ride, a restaurant, and no gift shop... It was worth an hour or two... It really was one of the best complete pavilions along with The Land...
The original World Of Motion was just missing a restaurant....
Wonders Of Life was also a very complete pavilion... Attraction, shows, Food and gifts.... now vacant for a decade or more....

michmousefan

I'd be really surprised if anything of substance was announced in the next couple of years, but I do think that Spaceship Earth is the next big rehab. I can't imagine them starting any SSE work right after the central core is completed. But I think it *has* to be addressed sooner than later, at least mechanically. After that I'd guess that Imagination and some sort of attraction in WS (maybe the Poppins attraction) would be next in line, but those are years away from happening.

aladdin2007

I hate to agree with that but Im afraid its probably the route they are taking. All the things the first poster mentioned will probably never happen. Disney found a way to make money and save money with genieplus..They don't want to update or change things anymore because it would take it offline from genie (making money), so refurbs and the like will be fewer and far between if at all (saving money), that's their mentality sadly and its horrible, until we get a new and better management and certain individuals are out, but that doesnt seem to be happening either anytime soon. unfortunately.

MagicHappens1971

I hate to agree with that but Im afraid its probably the route they are taking. All the things the first poster mentioned will probably never happen. Disney found a way to make money and save money with genieplus..They don't want to update or change things anymore because it would take it offline from genie (making money), so refurbs and the like will be fewer and far between if at all (saving money)
There are some aspects of this that have basis in truth, but for the most part aren’t. The only attractions that directly generate revenue through Genie+ are FoP, GoTG:CW, RotR, SDMT, & Tron. All relatively new attractions.

Way back when NextGen was being developed the idea was they could throw ~$2B into this new “tech” that would divert guests to other attractions and such as a way to stop spending money on new attractions. They quickly realized that it didn’t work, few years later, enter G+, where they still tried the “diversion” trick through the free Genie service.

The real reason they don’t rides offline as frequently as they used to is because they don’t spend as much on maintenance as they used to, but also because the parks are mobbed all the time. (Up until about now) They can’t afford to take RotR offline because it is a major headliner in a park with only 9 “rides”.

The solution here is to build MORE… but as has been proven, Disney is not interested. .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom