Whats it like to be a Disney Character..Cast member

spectropluto

...Even when I am in the parks as a guest, I can still see the characters as just that- characters. Not costumes, or people in costumes. But the characters.

When I was in Disneyland in California...I hunted down the Mad Hatter! LOL

Also, I got SOOOOO excited when I saw Flik (at DCA) and Pluto and, really, ANY of the characters. It honestly helped revive some pixie dust!

dkrfla

You know it strikes me that this exact same discussion comes up several times a year and it's always the same old story. The posts almost seem to be retyped from the previous argument and make about as much sense. The truth is that people want to know what goes on behind the scenes. It is human nature to be curious about the unknown and how the magic is done.

And the other truth is is that there isn't a cast member on here who hasn't hung out with friends that didn't work at Disney and told them stories about their day at work. So that in and of itself would be a violation of revealing the magic as it were. In reality the Disney magic is inside of you...it has nothing to do with whether or not you know it's a person in a costume. I have been going to Disney parks since I was a small child and I always knew that there were people inside the costumes. However, even still to this day 30 years later I still stop and talk to the characters and pretend/believe that they are who they are supposed to be.

In conclusion...whether Disney likes it or not, people will talk..and people will find out how things are done and they will eventually figure out that in order for magic to happen there has to be people involved. It's just the way things are.

Oh and by the way, for more company policy violations please visit stupidguesttricks.com

D~

rcapolete

I cannot imagine for a second why anyone would get offended if someone tells stories about being a character. Any person over the age of 10 knows that the characters are not "real". We all know that there is a person inside the costume. there is no mystery to it. IF you don't want to tell any stories then don't but don't begrudge others from asking and/or sharing what it's like to be a character. The "magic" is from being inside a place where you can leave all your worries are behind you and not have a care in the world.

I have mixed feelings about this topic. While we might be adults and know the real deal, does that really give us a reason to "ruin the magic?"

I'm sorry but while working at character connection, I don't see humans. I see two mice, a duck, a puppy, a goof ball and two munks!! Every single day when I enter work, the munks give me a huge hug and I appreciate that hug because I deal with guest everyday.....some aren't the greatest and seem to leave their brains at home, but I still deal with them nonetheless.

You want to know why I like being a cast member? My family. Cast members are a family. We smile at each other everyday and while we know what goes on behind backstage, when we get onstage, we put on our smiles.....we do it for the guest. Some guest are very unappreciative of what we do sometimes, but we do it nonetheless. That's my job, to make peoples dreams come true. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

But it's true though, we need some of you guest to leave your stupidity back at home and be respective to other cast members and other guest mind you. Follow disney rules, no cursing and please wear pants >_>;;;

Seriously.....it's a family park, don't dress like if you're going to some smut fest. Jeez....read the maps as well. Do some research on the internet. Don't yell at us cast members when you've had a bad day. Calm down and I'm sure we'll help some way or another. Remember, we don't make the rules so don't scream in our faces, or spit on us. IF IT'S COMMON SENSE, PLEASE FOLLOW IT. Children climbing on poles and going under ropes.....decipline them please. Don't just stand there and laugh....they can get seriously hurt....

NO STANDING ON RAILS DURING ILLUMINATIONS!!!

Don't take your shoes off, wear pants, and please NO FREAKING SMOKING UNLESS IN DESIGNATED AREAS....

OH AND IF YOU'RE A PARENT.....NO ROLLY SHOES ALLOWED.....

Other then that, I love my job. I work at innoventions: the road to tomorrow. I spiel games, play with children, make paper, play with mickey, minnie, donald, chip n dale and goofy. I couldn't ask for a more fun place to work at seriously. I get paid for playing around!!!

And of course, we get into the parks for free. =D:p

Gorjus

Follow disney rules, no cursing and please wear pants >_>;;;

Don't yell at us cast members when you've had a bad day.

don't scream in our faces, or spit on us.

Don't take your shoes off, wear pants, and please NO FREAKING SMOKING UNLESS IN DESIGNATED AREAS....

V misses Epcot: This is the second post I've read where you've vented here on the board. While I understand the need to vent, you are doing what you ask us guests not to do: You are yelling at us here when you've had a bad day. By using a lot of capital letters, you are screaming in our faces. I believe Stupid Guest Tricks is a better forum to vent in. It is geared specifically for CM's while this is a forum for Disney lovers and CM's.

And are you serious about wearing pants?! What possible objection could you have to me wearing a lovely sleeveless dress shirt and nice shorts if I came during warm weather months. Correct me if I'm wrong, but many cast member costumes are shorts during warm weather months.

No matter, because at the end of the day Tigger is a happy yet tired Tigger who hangs out with his Pals at the local 100 ACER Drinking hole to unwind from the days doings.

:lol: Oh, please tell me the name of the watering hole that Tigger and his pals unwind at. I'm sure that Pooh drinks Honey Mead from Ireland, Christopher Robin, if he was grown would have a pint, Kanga & Roo seem like Australian Wine fans, Eeyore would be still in line to get in the place because he wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone by letting them know he is a friend of Pooh's. I'm stumped on Rabbit and Owl. And Tigger, hmmm Tigger needs decaf that is for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom