What's going to happen with Annual Passes?

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland Paris resumes annual pass sales as of 7/15, according to their website.

This probably means nothing for here, but it seemed worth mentioning.
Definitely worth mentioning. A couple things to note -

- Park Reservations will still be required, passholders can reserve up to 3 days at a time.

- they refer to it as an “annual pass membership”

havoc315

I'm speculating here --- With Magic Key being announced for DL tomorrow, I'm going to guess that AP sales will resume for both American parks within the next 1-2 weeks.

hopemax

Apparently, Disneyland details coming tomorrow for “Magic Key”. Interesting name - and to me it kind of seems incomplete or lacking from a product perspective.

The name is a "nostalgic" throwback to the Magic Kingdom Club program. Those tickets were called Magic Keys because they were good on any attraction. So a 7 ticket book was like having 7 E-tickets, instead of the normal distribution.

CJR

Perhaps a person gets a certain number of "keys" that can be used along with other benefits common for the AP program (discounted merch, F&B, a magnet, etc).

Sailor310

The name is a "nostalgic" throwback to the Magic Kingdom Club program. Those tickets were called Magic Keys because they were good on any attraction. So a 7 ticket book was like having 7 E-tickets, instead of the normal distribution.
Yes! My dad would buy them at the base-military discount. It was SOOO great to have a book full of E-tickets-- instead of going to mom's nightstand and digging out a bunch of old books with all the E-tickets gone. All you had were A's, B's and a couple of C's. How many times can you ride the Main Street vehicles?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Once this system rolls out in Disneyland, it's coming to florida. You would be foolish to think the APs you have will last much longer.
1627961416433.png

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Then consider me a fool.

Disney World doesn't have the "too many passholders" problem. Just look at how the two products were priced pre-pandemic for proof. Why would WDW APs include more parks but be less expensive for locals than Disneyland passes if Disney was concerned about WDW having too many passholders?

I'm sure the price of WDW APs will go up, but they're not trying to thin the AP herd like Disneyland.

Then consider me a fool.

Disney World doesn't have the "too many passholders" problem. Just look at how the two products were priced pre-pandemic for proof. Why would WDW APs include more parks but be less expensive for locals than Disneyland passes if Disney was concerned about WDW having too many passholders?

I'm sure the price of WDW APs will go up, but they're not trying to thin the AP herd like Disneyland.
$$$$$$$ is the answer you are looking for.

StaceyH_SD

80% of Disneyland visitors live within 100 miles and 50% of visits to Disneyland are AP visits. Oh, and the estimate is that there are 1 million Disneyland AP holders. The WDW attendees are a completely different mix.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

80% of Disneyland visitors live within 100 miles and 50% of visits to Disneyland are AP visits. Oh, and the estimate is that there are 1 million Disneyland AP holders. The WDW attendees are a completely different mix.
LOL um no. Disneyland gets visitor from all over the world also. Always has since the day it opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom