What's going to happen with Annual Passes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dvc I think is a constant cash cow for Disney and pretty much guarantees a certain level of guests on property spending money year-round. If they screw up annual passes though, that could create some interesting response as many dvc members take advantage of the Gold AP pass discount today

no agree

I “think” (know) that DVC was meant to be a “stable baseline”...which is why it worked.

it wasn’t meant as a “luxury enclave” with top daily rates as they brown up at the riviera pool 😳

tsaintc

So, WDW has some sort of unpublished 'reinstatement program' for previous AP holders. My last AP expired on June 2nd 2020, and I was able to purchase a new AP redemption last week. Guest serviced even linked them to our family's Disney experience account.

dovetail65

So, WDW has some sort of unpublished 'reinstatement program' for previous AP holders. My last AP expired on June 2nd 2020, and I was able to purchase a new AP redemption last week. Guest serviced even linked them to our family's Disney experience account.
Yeah, but the expiration had to land during Covid or be a special case. This is just proof to me they aren't stopping the AP at WDW.

JohnD

The State of Florida has instituted "freedom week" for July 1 - 7 which "will allow people to avoid paying sales taxes on tickets purchased for such things as live music, athletic contests, in-theater movies, cultural events and entrance to museums and state parks."

In the linked article below, here's the money quote: "Tickets could be purchased during the week for events that occur later in the year, including annual passes."

Wouldn't it be great if WDW started selling APs again beginning tomorrow to tie in with Florida's "freedom week"?

jt04

The State of Florida has instituted "freedom week" for July 1 - 7 which "will allow people to avoid paying sales taxes on tickets purchased for such things as live music, athletic contests, in-theater movies, cultural events and entrance to museums and state parks."

In the linked article below, here's the money quote: "Tickets could be purchased during the week for events that occur later in the year, including annual passes."

Wouldn't it be great if WDW started selling APs again beginning tomorrow to tie in with Florida's "freedom week"?

I don't think tax breaks for the middle class are on TWDC's radar right now.

DonaldDoleWhip

Interesting, how did you find out about this? Did you call in, or do you have to stop by guest services?

I had an AP that expired last September (after COVID extended it) and would've definitely been interested in renewing this year.

tsaintc

Interesting, how did you find out about this? Did you call in, or do you have to stop by guest services?

I had an AP that expired last September (after COVID extended it) and would've definitely been interested in renewing this year.
I had to call into guest services to change our hotel reservation for an upcoming trip. I mentioned that I was interested in an Annual Pass and explained that our previous passes expired on 6/2/2020. The CM immediately offered to submit a request to reinstate our passes and offer the ability to purchase new annual passes. WDW called me back a few weeks later to complete the purchase. No renewal discount was given, even though I tried hard to get one!

DonaldDoleWhip

I had to call into guest services to change our hotel reservation for an upcoming trip. I mentioned that I was interested in an Annual Pass and explained that our previous passes expired on 6/2/2020. The CM immediately offered to submit a request to reinstate our passes and offer the ability to purchase new annual passes. WDW called me back a few weeks later to complete the purchase. No renewal discount was given, even though I tried hard to get one!
Wow, had no idea they were doing anything like this.

I'm assuming it wouldn't be guaranteed, but it sounds like it's worth a call just in case. Thank you!

DonaldDoleWhip

Yeah, even if you let your pass expire, they will let you renew but with an active date of your previous expiration (so if you renew 3 months after it expired, you lose 3 months).
Never mind then, it's too late for me (next visit is planned for mid-late September, and my pass expired in 9/20, so an extension of the pass wouldn't even cover these dates).

Guess I'm in the same boat as anyone waiting for new sales. Fingers crossed there's some news!

ABQ

Ours expired in 2020, over a year ago. They offered me new Platinum Plus redemption certificates and added them to Disney experience account.
So is your AP active and ticking away for a year as of now? Or does the clock not start ticking till you walk through a park gate? (I know the latter is the usual case, but just wondering if anything odd is happening with this one)

Gillyanne

Never mind then, it's too late for me (next visit is planned for mid-late September, and my pass expired in 9/20, so an extension of the pass wouldn't even cover these dates).

Guess I'm in the same boat as anyone waiting for new sales. Fingers crossed there's some news!

You could try calling still but ask them what the activation/expire date would be before you pull the trigger (hopefully they can answer)

Mine expired end of Jan 2021, I went to the ticket location at Disney Springs end of April. They let me buy a new one (like someone mentioned above, I also lost the renewal discount, so I paid full price) and the date was the date of purchase, so it wasn't a certificate to activate later, but it also wasn't just tacked onto the end of my original one. So it seems YMMV depending on who you speak with...

So is your AP active and ticking away for a year as of now? Or does the clock not start ticking till you walk through a park gate? (I know the latter is the usual case, but just wondering if anything odd is happening with this one)

As I mentioned above, I was able to get a new one after mine expired. Mine is currently "ticking away" but it's start/renewal date is based on the day I was able to purchase it (April), so I did not "lose" the 3 months in between (original extended ex was Jan). Basically I just "lost" the months between when I got it and my next planned visit in Sept (which was a risk I was willing to take).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom