What's going to happen with Annual Passes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL um no. Disneyland gets visitor from all over the world also. Always has since the day it opened.
They do…that estimate was whack…

but the difference at wdw is that they have a far higher percentage on longterm/expensive trips each day…like 85%. Totally different market.
Disneyland aps have traditionally not contributed greatly to that demo…wdw passholders do (in reality…there aren’t that many Florida residents with passes toiling about each day)

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

They do…that estimate was whack…

but the difference at wdw is that they have a far higher percentage on longterm/expensive trips each day…like 85%. Totally different market.
Disneyland aps have traditionally not contributed greatly to that demo…wdw passholders do (in reality…there aren’t that many Florida residents with passes toiling about each day)
Fair point.

nickys

Premium Member
That’s a completely different thing.

the Paris fastpass prices rolled out today are not good.

it could be half empty/half full…

they’re content to let you in as before…but will screw you on fastpass capitalizing on their own lack of capacity…

stranger than fiction…and almost likely
The prices at DLP were exactly what was predicted. $15 has been bandied about for quite some time, based on Shanghai’s pricing which also use Premier Access model, it just looks a little different to Paris.

CJR

It definitely looks better on paper than people were expecting - but it's all based on the big unknown - how readily available these reservations are going to be, and how far out you are going to have to book them.

It definitely could have been worse, so much worse...but we won't know how good it actually is until people start seeing what they make for availability.

This is it exactly.

I'd guess, DL will feel a lot more limited than FL, despite having more slots available (most visitors will be from SoCal, unlike FL).

Here in Florida, I can already find the ability to go on the same day if I wanted to. For example, right now, all four parks are available for annual passholders - tomorrow is too. That may not be a common sight in California.

Last edited:

CJR

At less than $900 a year, it allows vloggers to get into the parks, let's say 4/7 days a week, making their actual ticket price under $5.00 a visit (annualized). They pay Disney $5.00, to profit off of the parks.

Vloggers are very much present in Disneyland too. Probably just as much, if not more, than they are in Florida.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The prices at DLP were exactly what was predicted. $15 has been bandied about for quite some time, based on Shanghai’s pricing which also use Premier Access model, it just looks a little different to Paris.
The estimates where dead on…doesn’t mean we have to like them.

If a family of four get “swept Up” (the point) and splurge for 3 rides @ 15….that’s $180 in a few hours and likely what 2 of them of them paid for the base ticket.

a straight downhill slope…covered in grease

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

The estimates where dead on…doesn’t mean we have to like them.

If a family of four get “swept Up” (the point) and splurge for 3 rides @ 15….that’s $180 in a few hours and likely what 2 of them of them paid for the base ticket.

a straight downhill slow…covered in grease
$15 a ride. That’s really hard to accept. In this new system there is some sort of free standby yes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DVC

They’d be foolish to upset this crowd with any changes.
I’ve been worried about you…did you find your zen??

the DVC wrinkle on passes is something I completely forgot about….bad me 😡

I always thought you should get a year at 50% off for a new contact sale above X Points…it would be too hard for the contract hoarders to resist…

anyway…right…watch for DVC.

thanks. Namaste.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

The price of WDW's AP is the biggest issue. I don't think Disney sees Florida AP as a good deal (for Disney) anymore. At less than $900 a year, it allows vloggers to get into the parks, let's say 4/7 days a week, making their actual ticket price under $5.00 a visit (annualized). They pay Disney $5.00, to profit off of the parks.
Disney World APs for non-residents are $1200+

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
$15 a ride. That’s really hard to accept. In this new system there is some sort of free standby yes?
I think the goal is the same as Paris: three interlocking systems that can work in concert based on crowds, budgets and expectations

they are not there yet for florida…but they gotta get there or the real flaws of the Iger dynasty are gonna be out front in view

AEfx

At less than $900 a year, it allows vloggers to get into the parks, let's say 4/7 days a week, making their actual ticket price under $5.00 a visit (annualized). They pay Disney $5.00, to profit off of the parks.

But that's just it. They only get so many reservations at a time.

If you say, get the $900 tier, you get 6 "reservation holds" you can use at once. What if you can only get them several weeks or more out?

Until there is real information about how available these reservations are going to be, it's completely impossible to tell how much "value" one can get out of a year pass, because you have no idea how many times you will actually be able to schedule a visit during that year.

In the Parks
Yes
What’s everyone’s fascination with vloggers? There’s, at most, a few dozen that are remotely relevant and frequent the parks often. I never understand why they get so much attention here.
I'm someone who has a problem with vloggers, not necessarily because of the dozen or so that show up on page 1 when you search "Disney World" on youtube but because of the whole horde of 20 viewer timmies buried somewhere after page 16 who are not and never will be relevant yet insist on being loud, rude, and disruptive - narrating entire ride experiences, getting in people's way while lining up the perfect shot, etc.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I think of 'annoying vloggers,' it's not really Tim Tracker who I think of, it's 'Tim's Disney Dream Blog 7937285' who is just one big hit from being the next Tim Tracker!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow, I had no idea they had gone so high. My last one in 2011 cost $519. To be able to walk in an out of any park at will for 365 days.

My, how times have changed.
$199/$299 circa 2000

$299@/$399 circa 2004

$500/$600 circa 2008

$700/$800 circa 2012

$800/$900 circa 2015

$1000/$1200 circa 2019

other things came online with blackouts (like gold) during that time…but that’s the general price arc.

they did needs based promotions too…my last that ended in February 2019 was I believe $585 (premium on a DVC promotion)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom