What's going to happen with Annual Passes?

disneygeek90

I'm someone who has a problem with vloggers, not necessarily because of the dozen or so that show up on page 1 when you search "Disney World" on youtube but because of the whole horde of 20 viewer timmies buried somewhere after page 16 who are not and never will be relevant yet insist on being loud, rude, and disruptive - narrating entire ride experiences, getting in people's way while lining up the perfect shot, etc.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I think of 'annoying vloggers,' it's not really Tim Tracker who I think of, it's 'Tim's Disney Dream Blog 7937285' who is just one big hit from being the next Tim Tracker!
What kind of content are you looking for when you search for Disney World on YouTube?

RSoxNo1

Wow, I had no idea they had gone so high. My last one in 2011 cost $519. To be able to walk in an out of any park at will for 365 days.

My, how times have changed.
$1195 for the Platinum Pass (4 Parks, no water parks)
$1295 for the Platinum Plus Pass (4 parks + water parks)

At Disneyland, the pricing pre-pandemic was as follows:
$1449 Disney Signature Plus Passport - Free Parking, MaxPass, no blackout dates
$1199 Disney Signature Passport - Free Parking No MaxPass, blackout dates primarily between Christmas and New Years.

The Believe Key ($949) has a bunch of Saturday's blocked out, Christmas through New Years and April Vacation blocked out as well as a handful of days around other holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July).

The Enchant Key ($649) has a bunch of Saturday's and Sunday's blocked out, most of the same days blocked as the Believe Key and a little more than two months blocked off in June-August.

The Imagine Key ($349) has similar block out dates as The Enchant Key, but a little more time blocked in the summer and Friday-Sundays are blocked off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The wdw “equivalent” will be interesting. They don’t need massive blackout dates…but will still have some to maintain the tiers….

i may opt for the “dry key” If they really crank the price…

I see the local news all picked up the blip and ran with it today…cover story in the swamp

what’s up with uni’s passes now? They didn’t raise the prices - if I recall?

correcaminos

The wdw “equivalent” will be interesting. They don’t need massive blackout dates…but will still have some to maintain the tiers….

I see the local news all picked up the blip and ran with it today…cover story in the swamp

I am not sure it will change much (outside of price) with what we've got. Only DVC and FL can get Gold and above. FL residents get more options. The rest it's just Plat and Plat+ I might try to renew my AP for next year soon to get in above a price jump citing need to do park passes.

durangojim

We bought a seasonal pass as out of state visitors in March. Activated it in June and get to enjoy it for 15 months with some blackout dates but for a cost of $329. Heck of a deal IMO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not sure it will change much (outside of price) with what we've got. Only DVC and FL can get Gold and above. FL residents get more options. The rest it's just Plat and Plat+ I might try to renew my AP for next year soon to get in above a price jump citing need to do park passes.
I may play dumb and casually call to ask for them because “they said you were selling them”…

then pitch a fit when they don’t give it to me at today’s price 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We bought a seasonal pass as out of state visitors in March. Activated it in June and get to enjoy it for 15 months with some blackout dates but for a cost of $329. Heck of a deal IMO
Yeah…I seemed to recall good deals for them and AB this year? Not a bad idea…nothing to lose for them.

I bet Disney doesn’t follow suit. I also bet they aren’t nearly as mobbed for “the 50th”
As people around here assume. The planning window was pretty wrecked.

a poker game..

Last edited:

BrianLo

$1195 for the Platinum Pass (4 Parks, no water parks)
$1295 for the Platinum Plus Pass (4 parks + water parks)

At Disneyland, the pricing pre-pandemic was as follows:
$1449 Disney Signature Plus Passport - Free Parking, MaxPass, no blackout dates
$1199 Disney Signature Passport - Free Parking No MaxPass, blackout dates primarily between Christmas and New Years.

The Believe Key ($949) has a bunch of Saturday's blocked out, Christmas through New Years and April Vacation blocked out as well as a handful of days around other holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July).

The Enchant Key ($649) has a bunch of Saturday's and Sunday's blocked out, most of the same days blocked as the Believe Key and a little more than two months blocked off in June-August.

The Imagine Key ($349) has similar block out dates as The Enchant Key, but a little more time blocked in the summer and Friday-Sundays are blocked off.

I think that represents a good change. The SoCal ticket previously I think had Fridays and a good number of Sundays. It's nice that the cheapest option just fully keeps people out on the weekends.

correcaminos

I may play dumb and casually call to ask for them because “they said you were selling them”…

then pitch a fit when they don’t give it to me at today’s price 👍🏻
Good luck!

I do have a Gold AP (DVC) right now. It was used for our June 9 day trip and I have an iffy November trip (if masks required, friend wants to reschedule and I respect that) and then March and June next year. I can only do 3 days of my June trip for park reservations. Might be wise for me to call in the next day or so to get a renewal. Since I sat on a new AP for over a year, I have the funds for renewal right now. Won't hurt me to buy now instead of later.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good luck!

I do have a Gold AP (DVC) right now. It was used for our June 9 day trip and I have an iffy November trip (if masks required, friend wants to reschedule and I respect that) and then March and June next year. I can only do 3 days of my June trip for park reservations. Might be wise for me to call in the next day or so to get a renewal. Since I sat on a new AP for over a year, I have the funds for renewal right now. Won't hurt me to buy now instead of later.
Yeah…I think you just reminded me why I never renewed consistently 😉

correcaminos

Yeah…I think you just reminded me why I never renewed consistently 😉
We go every year, often more than once a year. It was really worth it to renew.

Though in 2020, we got them to cancel our renewal and bought new the day they stopped selling. I was so darn lucky on that. Sat on those new for a year....

This stupid park reservation has it harder but at the same time could save us some $$$$$ if renewing early. I just don't look forward to looong waits on the phone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We go every year, often more than once a year. It was really worth it to renew.

Though in 2020, we got them to cancel our renewal and bought new the day they stopped selling. I was so darn lucky on that. Sat on those new for a year....

This stupid park reservation has it harder but at the same time could save us some $$$$$ if renewing early. I just don't look forward to looong waits on the phone.
I’m there 2/3 times usually a year…but started Grouping them together so the annual passes stretched out more…
I don’t feel the need to pay Disney like a tax/.electric bill

I once liked knowing I had an active pass…but I felt more valued then.

reap what you sow

correcaminos

I’m there 2/3 times usually a year…but started Grouping them together so the annual passes stretched out more…
I don’t feel the need to pay Disney like a tax/.electric bill

I once liked knowing I had an active pass…but I felt more valued then.

reap what you sow
I have a 13yo who still loves Disney. Darn kid... won't try to change that for all the world. It's something we enjoy for now. Though I feel like I'm at a crossroad. If any of us start to change our mind, it will end for us. We've had our DVC 18 years now so a good run no matter what.

Unfortunately with the way work/school goes for us, we cannot group like some can. We have specific times we can or are willing to go. Our next year trip overlaps so we have to get new. We cannot go earlier since school... ugh.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a 13yo who still loves Disney. Darn kid... won't try to change that for all the world. It's something we enjoy for now. Though I feel like I'm at a crossroad. If any of us start to change our mind, it will end for us. We've had our DVC 18 years now so a good run no matter what.

Unfortunately with the way work/school goes for us, we cannot group like some can. We have specific times we can or are willing to go. Our next year trip overlaps so we have to get new. We cannot go earlier since school... ugh.
I have an 11/13…they aren’t diehards but love it. We do other things too

DVC for 17 this year

small space rock, isn’t it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At this point, I'd like to see the ability to book more than 3 park passes at once at WDW.
That provision works in Anaheim and won’t really work in orlando

so DVC member Jane doe from Greenwich calls and says “so I have December 23-January 2 booked at the poly….how do I reserve 9 days of parks with my 3 slots?”

different demographics in Florida

I do see a different limit on Florida passes (if they still have them)…than regulars

there’s actually a way around this I have a feeling many won’t like…but would work.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

That provision works in Anaheim and won’t really work in orlando

so DVC member Jane doe from Greenwich and says “so I have December 23-January 2 booked at the poly….how do I reserve 9 days of parks with my 3 slots?”

different demographics in Florida

I do see a different limit on Florida passes (if they still have them)…than regulars

there’s actually a way around this I have a feeling many won’t like…but would work.
If you're staying at a Disney resort you can book park passes for the length of stay if you have an AP. The issue is for someone like myself that doesn't stay on property.

What's your way around this?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you're staying at a Disney resort you can book park passes for the length of stay if you have an AP. The issue is for someone like myself that doesn't stay on property.

What's your way around this?

oh that was part of the thinking.

rooms = reservations is half of it.

the other is offer the traditional Florida passes at discount with 1 or 2 reservation cap. Avoids food and wine “flooding” etc….and cap Florida rates to just that kinda limit

but here’s how you bridge the DVC gap…Jack the prices of the standard/premium (platinum…or whatever the hell?) to say $1599…but do a $1199 DVC price. And have a large reservation cap.

which means if you are Florida AND DVC….you get that discount rates (because you use or rent the rooms and contribute to the till) and the open/easy reservations. There are a lot of Florida DVC members that doesn’t get mentioned much.

off property would have to buy a higher rate…I don’t know how to balance that? But if I’m Disney I’m trying not too. They love off property business but they can’t officially acknowledge that while they’re trying to sling timeshares.

that kind of a situation solves a lot of the bottleneck/blocking problem…and drives sales upward.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I have an 11/13…they aren’t diehards but love it. We do other things too

DVC for 17 this year

small space rock, isn’t it?
My kid is huge into hiking/camping/nature stuff. My back no longer allows for a lot so he and my spouse go running off to do that like every month. Total Disney geek - which I wasn't expecting. We travel to other places too but I get out of a lot of the bad on the back stuff. We do tend to toss in shorter trips now to visit the inlaws since they moved near by. So if we go see them often Disney for a day or two.

No matter what happens, we've had a great run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom