What's Exactly Wrong in Fantasmic!?

doctornick

I really just don't understand the hate for fantasmic... I honestly had not seen the show for 10 years and had mostly forgot what it was until I went again this year. I was blown away by how good it was. I thought it was a fantasmic show (see what I did there). I've now gone twice in the past few months, and all the effects were working. Its a great show.

I don't get it either. It's my favorite show at WDW and I make it a point to see it every trip. I was actually surprised to see people who rail against it on here and elsewhere -- I thought it was a huge fan favorite among the community (and it seems to me to draw pretty large crowds consistently). When I help people plan for WDW, I always tell them to make sure they plan to go to Fantasmic!

Now, granted, I probably don't know the show well enough to recognize non working effects and I can understand how they are bothersome to some people. But what I don't get is the general idea that the show itself is poor, when it seems to me to be a great combo of show, signing, pyro, lights, etc. To each their own though.

Marc Gil

Original Poster
This
LA-Disney_Fantasmic_dragon.jpg

VS.

7025165177_dbfaeca6c7_z.jpg

Need I say more?

And this is why I can't wait to leave SFL to head over to Anaheim because that looks awesome! I kind of dont want to see any videos of Disneyland's Fantasmic! Because I don't want it to ruin the surprise that awaits me. Gah! This is going to be great!

Marc Gil

Original Poster
I like fantasmic although I feel it should get a little updating throw in some new scenes
Agreed. It'll be awesome if Frollo sung Hellfire with the fountains and the pyrotechnics, but I don't see that ever happening. It's far too suggestive and too dark for Fantasmic, but would've looked pretty awesome.

Californian Elitist

Agreed. It'll be awesome if Frollo sung Hellfire with the fountains and the pyrotechnics, but I don't see that ever happening. It's far too suggestive and too dark for Fantasmic, but would've looked pretty awesome.

"Hellfire" is in World of Color and in Disneyland's Halloween firework show. The firework show has flames that come from Sleeping Beauty Castle. Very cool to watch.

Marc Gil

Original Poster
"Hellfire" is in World of Color and in Disneyland's Halloween firework show. The firework show has flames that come from Sleeping Beauty Castle. Very cool to watch.
It's in World of Color? Whaaaat? I'm sorry, I'm like avoiding any details on these shows, I'm trying so hard to resist.

rodserling27

And this is why I can't wait to leave SFL to head over to Anaheim because that looks awesome! I kind of dont want to see any videos of Disneyland's Fantasmic! Because I don't want it to ruin the surprise that awaits me. Gah! This is going to be great!
This is exactly how I feel about most things at Disneyland. I don't want to see videos, hear clips, or know too much because I want to experience as much of it as a first-timer as possible!!

I am very glad to hear those ripped of piece of trash tree curtains have been replaced. Those things were AWFUL! I didn't get a chance to see F! when I was in WDW a few weeks ago.

Crazydisneyfanluke

It would be nice if F! would go down for a refurb for about a month to upgrade the projections and adjust lighting. Have a nice upgrade and make sure everything is working. every time i see F! there is 1 major thing wrong with the show. Either a boat isn't working, the lift isn't working, or some pyro doesn't go off.

STITCHGEFAN

I don't know why, but I can't help but be slightly unsatisfied everytime I see F! Maybe it's because I've seen it so many times, but I just feel like it is ok, whereas I think it should be epic and the best attraction on the resort. T

In regards to the dragon, I thought it looked brilliant.

Figments Friend

I would say the differences between the two make each show unique, but the DL version is quite impressive, mainly due to the differences in staging and of course the greatly improved Dragon.

The DHS version seems tired and in real need of a nice refreshing...in several aspects of the Show. It seems 'dated'...and changing out some of the live segments for some new ones would be a good start.
Of course, getting a new version of the Dragon would be nice too....

Marc Gil

Original Poster
I would say the differences between the two make each show unique, but the DL version is quite impressive, mainly due to the differences in staging and of course the greatly improved Dragon.

The DHS version seems tired and in real need of a nice refreshing...in several aspects of the Show. It seems 'dated'...and changing out some of the live segments for some new ones would be a good start.
Of course, getting a new version of the Dragon would be nice too....
Thanks, you explained it quite perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom