What's Exactly Wrong in Fantasmic!?

scoobygirl39541

I'm one of those who can't find anything wrong with wdw's Fantastmic. Yes I've seen the one in DL and it's nice, but so is ours! They both have their charm. I don't mind the Orlando dragon too much because it matches with the puppetry 'theme' of the whole show. The animals, snake, flowers... all theatrical puppets. This preset 'theme' allows me to accept the dragon as one too. Makes it more theatrical and magical in my opinion (but I do love the theatre more than high tech action movies, so it could just be personal preference on my end).

Also, I like the Pocahontas section because she's barely represented at all in WDW. Peter Pan and Pirates are everywhere, it's nice to be reminded of Pocahontas when in the parks.

Bairstow

I've always liked Fantasmic, but can we *please* get rid of the Pocahontas section and trade up for Pirates or Peter Pan or something?

Aw. I always thought the Pocahontas section was one of the most fully-realized sequences in the show, especially the with all the canoes and torches.
It's pretty impressive that they could condense the entire movie into 3 and a half minutes.

Elaine Custodio

To me, the biggest problem with Fant! is the obnoxious duo that does the preshow before the first show of every night. That and the Radio Disney decimations that are the preshow for the second show of every night.
Pick your poison.

Lol, they are quite terrible. And it's the SAME FREAKING SHOW EVERYTIME! I mean, c'mon! At least switch the lame jokes or the singalongs! I usually get there 80 minutes before the show (yes, I'm one of those people...) and rather delete stuff from my camera than watch those two...

Last time I saw Fantasmic, at the finale, Mickey didn't come out at the top of the mountain :(. Does that happen often? I mean, has anyone seen it happen?

skipperg

Saw the show at Hollywood Studios June 14th. Didn't see any issues. If Fantasmic needs anything is the theater needs an EXTREMELY good cleaning. Also, do something to improve the concession's.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I had never seen Fantasmic until I was in Disneyland one night and they were beginning to gather to watch, I found a spot by one of the towers and enjoyed the show...GREATEST show I had seen in a long time!! So next trip to the world I naturally decided to see it there....and was sorely disappointed...totally different experience.

mm52200

I never understand the flack Fantasmic receives around here either. I saw the show three times over the week of the Fourth of July and the show is in great shape! Not a single piece of missing pyro, everything was in great working shape, all of the effects worked! Like others said they replaced the tarps along the mountain and it looks like they replaced or resurfaced the barges in the water. About a year ago I believe they did a complete lighting upgrade/replacement. The only other things I would love for them to upgrade would be replace the projectors with HD digital ones a la DL and a new dragon would be great. But otherwise I wouldn't want them to change anything about the show content, love the Pocahontas segment, but I would love for them to put Meg back on the boat.

flavious27

Saw the show at Hollywood Studios June 14th. Didn't see any issues. If Fantasmic needs anything is the theater needs an EXTREMELY good cleaning. Also, do something to improve the concession's.

Or redo the amphitheater so that it can be used during the day and is a more integrated part of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom