What's coming after FLE?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I've been hoping that after the Disney and the Chinese have spent the big bucks on the developement of the Tron Light Cycle Ride, that WDW might spring for that attraction (for Tomorrowland - along with a refresh of the whole land).

Frontierland could also double in size (to the west and northwest of Big Thunder, without touching TSI or the RoA) with a little infrastructure work (a lift bridge over the canal - like the World Showcase bridge). That could open up a whole Northwest Territory-like area with huge potential.

I'm sure the Imagineers are chomping at the bit with expansion ideas for every Disney park on the planet. If there were even just 3 more big E ticket (people eating) attractions at MK along with a couple more C or D's, there would be no need for Next Gen ride ressies or even FP. The MK just needs more capacity. (As do the other parks.)

Disneyboy17

Original Poster
Okay but I heard there was a chance for the princess an the frog attraction coming in around haunted mansion? True or false?

RSoxNo1

I'm not against the Avatar project but I'm curious as to why they would choose that over all of the Disney movies they could have gone with? I know Avatar was a big hit movie but it just does not feel very "Disney" to me.

People say this, but I've yet to hear an example of what Disney movie would be a better option? Star Wars while not a Disney movie is a logical franchise to base a land around in DHS, as is Cars because the R & D has already been done, but what other franchise would you be referencing?

HMButler79

Absolutely false.
Avatar is working its way through the design phase. No guarantee it gets built but at this point it's still on track.After FLE, I wouldn't expect anything major at MK until at least 2020.

IE Venezuela, Brazil, Spain, Israel, Russian, Switerland at EPCOT. ________ Tracy's Crime Stoppers and Baby Herman's Baby Buggy Ride at MGM. Snow Queen, Ichabod, Sleeping Beauty, and Poppins rides for MK. :lookaroun

PalisadesPkteer

So.....

Once again EPCOT is left out in the cold with the TDO cold shoulder.

It looks like it will be the 50th Anniversary of EPCOT before it gets much love at all.

danstadnik

I think we'd all be happy if TDO could just get everything that they have on hand NOW to just ALL work up to their full potential for a few years! The Yeti is the obvious one, but of course there's tons of other little missing Disney pluses anymore.
In terms of NEW things, I think that the Haunted Mansion additions are obviously strong indicators to other new things that are coming. I hear POTC has additions in the works (mermaids, and I heard that here) and I feel that we'll just keep getting things like that. Which really, I'm OK with! Let's face it, we all love WDW, and do you really want to lose anything?

Yodadudeman

It seems they have more refurbs and upgrades going on in the last 12 months than they have done in the last 10 years combined.

Good point. I have noticed the same. Gotta give Disney credit where credit is due. Magic Kingdom has been renovated in many different areas throughout the park. Also, there have been some major ride renovations like Space and Thunder Mountain and the upcoming Test Track rennovation. Those signs are very encouraging.

Lee

Adventurer
So instead of focusing on fixing every effect they have in there that currently ISN'T working, they're instead going to add another effect they're just going to let rot when it breaks?

Looks like.
For all I know, though, they will do a refurb of some sort and add the mermaids as part of that. Not sure.

Okay but I heard there was a chance for the princess an the frog attraction coming in around haunted mansion? True or false?

Where do you get all of your information from? I've never heard a word about a PatF attraction, it didn't do well enough. Only 162 million more than it cost to make. Thought I do love it.

WDWFREAK53

I'm not against the Avatar project but I'm curious as to why they would choose that over all of the Disney movies they could have gone with? I know Avatar was a big hit movie but it just does not feel very "Disney" to me.

Ok...let's see if I can maybe shed some light on the possible reasons...

People that go to Disney know about Disney and the characters that they have. The Avatar project is to get the people that may not be interested in "Disney" in the form of Princesses and Pixar. It would be great to add in the next Pixar based attraction but at the end of the day, are you going to get any new customers by doing that? Avatar was a huge film and has the potential to be an amazingly huge franchise.

James Cameron created a world that people want to visit. Like the movie or not...the majority of the people admit that it's a beautiful movie visually. So, for all of the naysayers that say the movie stunk...most of those naysayers admit that it was a great painting of a bad subject.

Having freedom...with Harry Potter, Disney wouldn't have the freedom that they need/want. James Cameron is allowing Disney to run with it but is also offering his input.

And finally...all of the chips fell into place at the right time.

Disneyboy17

Original Poster
But my real question is why a FLE? Why couldn't they have added room to each section/land that would've equivalated to FLE? Isn't all the other lands going to look misproportional to the FLE?:shrug:

HMButler79

But my real question is why a FLE? Why couldn't they have added room to each section/land that would've equivalated to FLE? Isn't all the other lands going to look misproportional to the FLE?:shrug:

Because that's where the money is..in Princesses. You did not see this in New Fantasyland '83 where they actually bettered the product.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I think Adventure land needs a new E Ticket ride more than any other location. Even something simple like the Indiana Jones roller coaster at Disneyland Paris.

:fork: Anything but that waste of space and money.

That's the plan. Maybe this year.

Wow. First I've seen of that possibility. Still, maybe this is the new reality for MK -- more frequent little plusses, like the new hitchhiking ghosts at HM and new segments in Pirates.

Disneyboy17

Original Poster
But there also has to be money in the pirates sector as well. Does anyone have any inside information about the future of mk? I have emailed an called Phil Holmes personally, every time we chat or email he finds a way to change the subject to something really fast! Does he have control of what goes in there? If the whole princess stuff keeps getting built they should call it princess kingdom because this is getting ridiculous. The fans an cast members what new experiences that"ll appeal to everyone not just little girls, Moms and Princess fantics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom