What's coming after FLE?

Lee

Adventurer
But there also has to be money in the pirates sector as well. Does anyone have any inside information about the future of mk? I have emailed an called Phil Holmes personally, every time we chat or email he finds a way to change the subject to something really fast!
Ummmm....yeah....:lookaroun

:lol:

disney fan 13

But there also has to be money in the pirates sector as well. Does anyone have any inside information about the future of mk? I have emailed an called Phil Holmes personally, every time we chat or email he finds a way to change the subject to something really fast! Does he have control of what goes in there? If the whole princess stuff keeps getting built they should call it princess kingdom because this is getting ridiculous. The fans an cast members what new experiences that"ll appeal to everyone not just little girls, Moms and Princess fantics!

trololololol

about the homes part....

NoChesterHester

But there also has to be money in the pirates sector as well. Does anyone have any inside information about the future of mk? I have emailed an called Phil Holmes personally, every time we chat or email he finds a way to change the subject to something really fast! Does he have control of what goes in there? If the whole princess stuff keeps getting built they should call it princess kingdom because this is getting ridiculous. The fans an cast members what new experiences that"ll appeal to everyone not just little girls, Moms and Princess fantics!

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

NoChesterHester

People say this, but I've yet to hear an example of what Disney movie would be a better option? Star Wars while not a Disney movie is a logical franchise to base a land around in DHS, as is Cars because the R & D has already been done, but what other franchise would you be referencing?

+1

Heard the argument against, but no one has given a compelling franchise that would be bigger / better. Star Wars doesn't count... Oh, and that ain't Disney either folks.

lazyboy97o

+1

Heard the argument against, but no one has given a compelling franchise that would be bigger / better. Star Wars doesn't count... Oh, and that ain't Disney either folks.
This all based on the assumption that Walt Disney World needs a new land based on a big franchise. The thinking behind the project is flawed and should be a source of criticism, even if Avatarland turn out to be a hit. The Walt Disney Company has lost almost all of its confidence in the parks as a creative medium. Avatar was chosen less for its potential as a themed experience and more for its box office performance. Disney thinks the success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is primarily because of the external franchise, not the accomplishments of the land itself.

NoChesterHester

This all based on the assumption that Walt Disney World needs a new land based on a big franchise. The thinking behind the project is flawed and should be a source of criticism, even if Avatarland turn out to be a hit. The Walt Disney Company has lost almost all of its confidence in the parks as a creative medium. Avatar was chosen less for its potential as a themed experience and more for its box office performance.

Welcome to Iger's Disney. We aren't going to get anything that isn't based on something already in pop culture.

Maximizing potential payback and stuff...

Disney thinks the success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is primarily because of the external franchise, not the accomplishments of the land itself.

Don't fool yourself. Talk around it all you want, Potterland isn't a massive success just because they did a good job.

RSoxNo1

This all based on the assumption that Walt Disney World needs a new land based on a big franchise. The thinking behind the project is flawed and should be a source of criticism, even if Avatarland turn out to be a hit. The Walt Disney Company has lost almost all of its confidence in the parks as a creative medium. Avatar was chosen less for its potential as a themed experience and more for its box office performance. Disney thinks the success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is primarily because of the external franchise, not the accomplishments of the land itself.

The success of Harry Potter is that it is a highly marketable franchise, and it's far more marketable than Avatar. It lends itself to merchandise demands from an age group that is willing and able to spend money on merchandise (i.e. not just children like Cars). At the moment, Avatar doesn't have the merchandise draw but very well may have a fan base. Star Wars is the only franchise right now that could equal Harry Potter in both immersion capabilities and merchandise opportunities.

In addition to being highly marketable, the draw for Potter is the excellent execution on parts of the land. Forbidden Journey, Hogsmead Village, and Ollivander's are very well executed. People are willing to look past all of the land's short comings as a result (those short comings being ridiculously low capacity, poor layout issues, Dragon Challenge and to a lesser extent Flight of the Hippogriff being weak re-themes).

Avatar can be successful and at the very least it will be as successful as an equally elaborate original concept. In all likelihood, it will draw both Avatar fans and Disney fans, while an original concept would only draw the Disney fans.

The only way World of Avatar is going to replicate The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in terms of fan interest is if it truly is amazing. For it to have the effect that Harry Potter had, the attractions and the theming will have to stand alone independent of the source of the material.

Donald96

Ok so March 23 I'm going to do the Dine w/ Imagineer... Any questions you guys think I should ask? Can't wait!!! :sohappy:

PalisadesPkteer

Ok so March 23 I'm going to do the Dine w/ Imagineer... Any questions you guys think I should ask? Can't wait!!! :sohappy:

Yea, ask the Imagineer if EPCOT will be getting anything at all. Even a popcorn cart. You will probably get a blank stare and a well.. there is the Test Track re-imagineering. And a new popcorn cart LOL

lazyboy97o

In all likelihood, it will draw both Avatar fans and Disney fans, while an original concept would only draw the Disney fans.
A position The Wat Disney Company has put itself into by increasingly making the DisneyParks® a place to be immersed in "Disney," that which has already previously been established as being "Disney." Circular reasoning is not a strategy for long time health and as it continues to move forward it only hurts the power of Avatar, or any other outside franchise, from attracting a "non-Disney" audience.

Donald96

Yea, ask the Imagineer if EPCOT will be getting anything at all. Even a popcorn cart. You will probably get a blank stare and a well.. there is the Test Track re-imagineering. And a new popcorn cart LOL

lol, I will deffinatley mention Future World updates, and a new country! And perhaps if that new popcorn cart sells ice cream or not...

Lee

Adventurer
Ok so March 23 I'm going to do the Dine w/ Imagineer... Any questions you guys think I should ask?
Nothing that they would answer.:lol:
The Imagineers that do the "Dine With" are well trained how to avoid telling anything the slightest bit secretive. Expect a lot of "maybe" and "someday" type answers. Honestly...you'll probably learn more on these boards. Not because the Imagineer doesn't know anything, but because he can't talk about it.

lazyboy97o

Not because the Imagineer doesn't know anything, but because he can't talk about it.
I guess there is always that infinitesimally small chance that the Imagineer has become disgruntled and self destructive, and decided to be kicked out of the industry by blowing his non-disclosure agreement.

Donald96

I guess there is always that infinitesimally small chance that the Imagineer has become disgruntled and self destructive, and decided to be kicked out of the industry by blowing his non-disclosure agreement.

Hahahaha... my hopes exactly! But I also want to find out informaion on entering that profession so even if I can't squeze some info out of them I'll gain some knowledge on that :ROFLOL:

Lee

Adventurer
Kinda happens all the time, only they spill beans in private. Thereby blowing the NDA and remaining employed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom