What's coming after FLE?

WDW1974

I guess there is always that infinitesimally small chance that the Imagineer has become disgruntled and self destructive, and decided to be kicked out of the industry by blowing his non-disclosure agreement.

They don't tend to put anyone with great knowledge out for these meet-greet-and-dine deals.

If you want to know something from an Imagineer, then it's best to be under 25, male and attractive ... oh, and willing too!:eek: :D

You may hear all sorts of tales then ...

~So ... is Imagination 4.0 a go?~

WDW1974

Kinda happens all the time, only they spill beans in private. Thereby blowing the NDA and remaining employed.

I've had some Shanghai beans spilled recently (tasted very bad) ... they keep chipping away at the budget ... chip, chip, chipping.

~Will they ever learn?~

cheezbat

I've had some Shanghai beans spilled recently (tasted very bad) ... they keep chipping away at the budget ... chip, chip, chipping.

~Will they ever learn?~

that's such disappointing news. I was really hoping that Shanghai would be different...especially since they've thrown around such big numbers and made it sound like the park is going to be so amazing...but now I'm wondering if Hong Kong Disneyland would be more worth visiting than Shanghai Disneyland when it opens...

WDW1974

that's such disappointing news. I was really hoping that Shanghai would be different...especially since they've thrown around such big numbers and made it sound like the park is going to be so amazing...but now I'm wondering if Hong Kong Disneyland would be more worth visiting than Shanghai Disneyland when it opens...

Tough to say. I plan on being at SDL on opening day because I've done three Disney park openings but never an MK style park.

But I actually love HKDL (yeah, I said that). I first visited in 2008 when working in China and really enjoyed it for what it was. In 2010, I went back to China to work/live for three months and since I was sorta a 'local' I bought an AP. Got to drop by after work. Got to experience the AMAZING job they do on seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas.

Now, they've got a new parade (which I got a sneak preview of a few floats) just opened Toy Story Land (not something I'm excited by) but have Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point (both of which I am) ready to open this year and in 2013.

I guess it comes down to have you been to China before and what interests you ... HK is one of the most amazing cities on the planet.

~Stay away from KFC~

PalisadesPkteer

~Will they ever learn?~

How much "chipping" have they done so far?

Disney has not learned from past mistakes (DCA is the 1st one to come to mind)

Disneyboy17

Original Poster

Shanghai Disneyland
When Guests enter the gates of a Disney theme park anywhere in the world, they are transported into a universe of imagination, fantasy and adventure. Here, Mickey Mouse and his friends come to life, the future beckons and dreams really do come true. With Shanghai Disneyland, Guests of all ages will have an exciting and extraordinary new place to play. Shanghai Disneyland will include signature Disney experiences that Guests around the world know and love, but will also feature exciting new elements that will be unique to the Shanghai Disney Resort. Shanghai Disneyland will be both authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese.

Creative Overview
Throughout Shanghai Disneyland, classic Disney characters and storytelling will blend with all-new attractions and experiences designed specifically for the people of China. The park will consist of several themed "lands," each with their own distinct attractions, entertainment and experiences. At the heart of the park will be Storybook Castle, the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces. It will truly be an attraction unto itself.

Innovation and Technology
Innovative new technology has always been a part of the Disney vacation experience, and Shanghai Disney Resort will continue that tradition. Shanghai Disneyland will take advantage of advances in technology to place Guests in exciting worlds where they can be part of the action like never before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom