whats an ideal length to stay?

TheDisneyQueen

Original Poster
how long should a person stay in disney world i usually stay for 3 days 2 nites and do pretty much everything i like to do i was curious to see how long some of you guys stay in disney and how long is too long to stay in disney... uhhh wait it's never too long to remain in disney :) ...........i usually travel over to belair beach and hang out there for 5 days...i eat at this fabulousssssss restaurant pjs.... have you heard of it? its awesome!....i always felt like 3 days was plenty in wdw how about you?

we usually stay for 13 nights, but not this year. We always drove but this year we got cheap airfare from southwest. So this year 9 nights. I am sad but that'a all we could get away for. Don't go the parks everyday. Lay at the pool and relax. Go out at night have a nice dinner maybe at dtd go watch fireworks. We really try to relax also when we are there. It's never enough time as far as I am concerned.

WEDisney

The longer you stay the better. You can experience the "extras" that Disney has to offer outside of the theme parks. We usually stay 10-18 days. This trip we are staying 21 and I am so looking forward to it. After about 14 days I say I wish I had a few more days so hopefully after this trip I will be ready to come home. Then I will finally know that somewhere between 18-21 is the cutoff point for me :).

I3olTz

wow 21......HF with that, i usually stay 3 days 2 nights which is enough time to complete all the parks for me, although more then 3 days would be nice :p

Cinder_Belle_A

I agree...the longer the better. We usually stay at least 10 days to get everything in. I would love a 2 week trip though! We use 2 days for Universal, and visit the Disney parks over and over- so I can't get enough! :)

(I'll take this chance to say I love this forum! I've been a lurker for quite some time and finally got around to registering!)

Hummer1676

The longer you stay the better. You can experience the "extras" that Disney has to offer outside of the theme parks. We usually stay 10-18 days. This trip we are staying 21 and I am so looking forward to it. After about 14 days I say I wish I had a few more days so hopefully after this trip I will be ready to come home. Then I will finally know that somewhere between 18-21 is the cutoff point for me :).

Dang, 21 days? I would be broke. Lucky duck. I would go to the parks each day and spend the night at Adventurers Club.

Hummer1676

I agree...the longer the better. We usually stay at least 10 days to get everything in. I would love a 2 week trip though! We use 2 days for Universal, and visit the Disney parks over and over- so I can't get enough! :)

(I'll take this chance to say I love this forum! I've been a lurker for quite some time and finally got around to registering!)

Welcome! Thanks for joining. I would love to spend that much time there. Very jelous. But then again, i can go there every weekend if i wanted to.. :lol:

WDWFigment

When I used to go with my parents it was always for a week (we went to Universal for a day and there was no AK then--besides one trip, when there was AK AND IoA).

Last year my friends and I stayed five days, four nights, and we arrived into MCO late at night and departed from MCO early in the morning. It wasn't nearly enough time. We went to the parks three of those days.

This year, we're staying six days, five nights, with our flight arriving into MCO at 12:55pm the first day, and departing from MCO at 8:55pm the last day. We're hoping the extra day, plus extra 'half' days on each end will be better.

If I could have my ideal trip, it'd be 10 days.

Welcome to the boards, Cinder_Bella_A!

lilmizpixie3

I would have to say it depends on if its your first visit to wdw or if you've been before. I usually go for 3 days and 2 nights. We use to go for a whole week around thanksgiving and that was awesome but we stayed in a camper so it wasnt too expensive. I guess it depends on your preference!

Scott M

I suppose that your length of stay would depend on the people that you're going with and how much that you wish to see and do.

Personnaly I would love to stay for 14 days and 13 nights but my wife, child, and work schedule prevents me from doing so. Two full weeks would definitely allow for multiple unrushed days at each of the 4 theme parks, a day at each water park, a few days of just relaxing at your resort pool, and a few days for extra curricular activities such as golf, water sports, horseback riding, dinner shows, behind-the-scenes tours (my favorite), shopping (my wife's favorite), etc.

The longest that I've ever stayed has been 7 days and 6 nights. These have been with my wife or friends and I did not want to run the risk of getting them over-Disneyfied. My wife likes Disney World, but doesn't love it like I do.

Our next trip will be this November and it will be our 3 year old son's first trip. We're only going for 5 days and 4 nights, as we don't want to push our luck with a 3 year old. I'm certain that we'll be increasing those length of stays as he gets older though.

Who knows? I may just get to stay for those 2 full weeks at some point in the future!

Scott

wdwmomof3

We have built our trip for more days each time we have been starting from 5 nights to now 9 nights. I could go for 2 weeks and still not have stayed long enough.:ROFLOL: One of these days we will venture out and visit a few other parks but for now, I am still a Disney only girl. We have been to SeaWorld but it has been a few years.

I have never had a trip to Disney that we had a day to relax so this next trip that is my goal. I want to max it our a few days and relax for a few. I think that this will really get my hubby hooked on Disney! I can't wait to go back but waiting is just going to make it that much better.:)

fizzle75

My wife and I try to visit twice each year and each trip we try to stay at least 6 days and 7 nights. There is absolutely no way we could even begin to do all we want to do at WDW in 3 days. Our upcoming September/October trip will be our longest so far at 8 full days and half of another day. Our ideal length would be two weeks but due to the nature of my job that will never happen. I'm very lucky to be getting 10 days off for our trip in the fall. We all know that normal vacations seem to fly by but for us Disney fans a WDW vacation goes by lightning fast and is seemingly over as soon as it started. It never fails, at the end of every WDW visit we always feel like it was over waaay too soon and end up not getting to do everything we wanted to do. Maybe someday, when I retire, we'll get to spend that two weeks at "The Happiest Place On Earth".

disneytati

I never stay less than 15 days, as I come from Rio de Janeiro, the plane ticket is expensive and the flight too long. It's not worth staying less. But well, I'd love to stay more!!!

primetime52

We usually stay 3 or 4 nights, which I never feel like is enough. However, since I live in FL, I have the luxury of going to WDW about 3 times per year. So that means I end up staying about 12 or more days in WDW per year. Not too bad once you add it up. :D

cemcgee

We usually stay 6 days, 5 nights twice a year. Always the week before Christmas and the week of July 4th. We have stayed 5 days, 4 nights before and we felt rushed and had to skip one of the parks. Usually 6 days gives us enough time for all the parks and traveling time. Wow, I would love to stay for two weeks, that would be amazing... You would really be able to experience everything Disney has to offer and more!!! Because we go twice a year and have done so for the last 8 years we have been able to try many different restaurants, and many different things. We don't feel so guilty if we miss something because I am able to say to myself and my kids, don't be upset we will back in 6 months!!:lol: :lol: :ROFLOL:

Scooter

My wife and I find that 7 nights is perfect for us.
1) Epcot Center
2) Animal Kingdom
3) Magic Kingdom
4) Downtown Disney
5) Disney/MGM
6) Back to Magic Kingdom
7) Back to EPCOT Center (it's our favorite Park)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom