whats an ideal length to stay?

Since1976

We stay a week, but usually only visit a park every other day (3 of the 4 parks). We have young children, so the rest days are necessary to help them re-charge.

Once the kids are out of their pre-school years, we'll increase the number of consecutive day park visits (though by then, me and my wife may need the rest days :p ).

Additionally, we don't like rushing to pack for the trip back, so we keep the day before the flight relatively free, except for shopping and perhaps a side trip up and down I-drive.

mprewitt

If you don't go often, I would say 9 days / 8 nights. That gives you enough time for all the parks (including a water park), as well as some downtime between the parks when you can actually relax.

For us, the longer the better. It gives us plenty of time to do all that we want to do without feeling like we missed out. Like visit the water parks in the hot weather. We usually stay for a week but if we could I would love to stay two or three weeks. But we try to go more than once a year. I try as best as I can to save money throughout the year to get in as much Disney time as we can.

M:SpilotISTC12

When we were buying into the DVC our seller told us that some guy used his retirement money to buy a time share and spends 3 months in Disney instead of getting a condo.

Tinkerbella16

7 days 6 nights is what we do everytime. I would love to stay for 21 days, but its too much money. We do every park at least 3 times each when we go for a week.

As much as I would love spending 3 weeks in the world, I think that is wayyy too much time...unless you are staying on and off-property to visit some other places also, like Sea World or even Universal & UIOA :lookaroun
Maybe in the future i will splurge a little bit & use up most of my vacation time from work and spend 2 whole weeks at just Disney and stay at the Poly finally!

WDWcouple

We go for 5 days/4 nights in october and 7 days/6 nights in Jan. We also go for "surprise" 3 day weekends about 6 times a year. Even with all that each tme we go we do something we never did before. I don't think there is such a thing as too much time.

bidnow5

We like to stay 9 to 12 days mostly we stay 9 days we just went in May for 8 days and it seemed too short.
We are looking at going for 10 days in the fall I like to take my time and just do what we want at our own pace.
We go early go back to the hotel or to DTD in the afternoon then go back to one of the parks at night.
I could stay for 3 weeks and not get tired of it

reptar77

10-21 day for us. We have taken a couple 3 day weekends before but it really makes me sad to leave then. Just when you get relaxed it is time to leave.

kennyj29

I want to retire there forever!!!! However we never go less than 9 nights (we did once and it was way too short!!!) I think the perfect amount of time would be two weeks.......we have never hit that because of funds but once we stayed 12 nights which was wonderful.......this year we are going 11 nights but one of these days I am determined to go at least two full weeks!

DisneyWood

As long as you can afford...

We try to stay @ WDW for at least 10 days each time we visit. We don't get to do everything, but we are able to do quite a bit as well as relax.

tink68

We always stay 4 full days and get PH tkts so we can visit each park more than once. It is not long enough! Next time we are going for a full week or longer.

DisneyLindz

I would say that 12-14 days is the perfect amount of time. It gives enough days to leisurely do everything at all four parks, plus shop at DTD for a couple days, have a night out on Pleasure Island, and even relax and swim for a few days. Unfortunately trying to get six people down there for a two week vacation is difficult because of differences in vacation time at work. So the last three or four times we've gone, it's usually about an 8 or 9 day stay. Which still isn't too bad!!!!

hcswingfield

We find if we stay less than five days we don't have enough time to do everything we want to do. More than six days and we start getting really annoyed with the crowds, kamikaze stroller attacks, loud teenagers, waits for the bus, etc. If we stay five or six days the entire trip seems to be magical. We also have started planning the Magic Kingdom days early in the visit while we are still refreshed. Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios are better for later in the trip, as the crowds there are less likely to get on our nerves. It's sort of like visits from relatives. We love every minute of it - up to a point!

I would have to say 6 nights and 7 days...A good old week. You can do everything, and if you cant, there will be something to look foward to the next time you go. I always get to do everything when i go for a week. I have done 3 parks in one day! I love it....133 more dayz!!!!:wave:

kennyj29

10 days with going outside the park to me is too short! I need at least 10 days in Disney. We love to go to downtown Disney, all the parks, monorail shopping, miniature golf, etc. To get everything done without rushing around like Christmas shoppers you really need at least 10 days in the parks. :p :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom