What's After Everest?

tirian

I am sure a lot of kids don't know most of the movies, although classics, that are in the ride.

True, but all the attractions don't have to be geared towards children. That said, if anything does replace the GMR, I hope it would be the GMMR! Seeing the Muppets spoof the classics would be hilarious...

But I think that to some degree, the DMGM Studios needs the serious look at past films to maintain the "Golden Age of Hollywood" theme. Perhaps the GMMR should go into yet another replicated theater, such as the Carthay Circle where Snow White premiered.

dclfan

I know this is a really stoupet question but what is Bald Mountain. I always hear you guys talking about it and I sadly dont know what it is.

KaliSplash

Well,

At the Magic Kingdom, we most need something in the 20K site besides a meet and greet. Some sort of dark ride, I would hope. As noted above, it would be interested to see if Disney can do a dark ride from scratch! Also need polishing of COP. But I do NOT want to see Nightmare Before Christmas at HM (I suppose it would be okay Nov-Dec.) OR Jack Sparrow in POTC. We just need to polish these as well.

At Epcot, Living Seas nees help. I haven't seen the Nemo overlay yet, but it needs help. Of course, going back to original JII would be my preference. WOL needs a revamp, although I would prefer to keep both Body Wars and especially Cranium Command. I think the Ellen story line improved UOE.
What we really need here is a new country. Haven't had one since Norway back in 1988. There are plenty of available ideas, with rides available. There have been plans for Spain (not just that little promo thing they did a couple of years ago), Switzerland, Russia, Israel and Equitorial Africa.

At MGM, I'd love to see the Indy ride replace the Indy show. I don't think that would require as much (any?) parking lot sacrifice. I'd also like to see another versiion of SuperStar TV, with updated shows.

At AK, we need rides, rides and more rides. And NOT Triceratops Spin! There is a wealth of raw material available and apparently plenty of land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Dj Corona said:
Bald mountain's the name of the mountain in Fantasia that Chernabog the demon lives on.

And also a rumoured E Ride consisting of a mountain rollercoaster / flume. Can be linked with Fire Mountain (same idea, different theme) and Villans Mountain (same idea, Disney baddie theme)

In what must only rate second to Epcot`s Switzerland for speculation, one, two or all mountains were rumoured to go in Adventureland, on the 20k site, behind the 20k and IASW site, on the Speedway, in MGM near New York Street, in Animal Kingdom, you name it - it has had one of these mountains proposed for it over the years!

magicmom

OK. I was just visiting the beginning of February. A CM told me and my hubby that her hubby works for the construction company contracted with Disney. He has been clearing 100 acres by Animal Kingdom and was told that it was for a new Villians park. He was told that since they scrapped the park in Virginia they are moving that money to this new project that was supposed to be a big secret.

She said since people have been complaining about coming back every couple of years and the only thing that changes is some of the paint on the buildings. (Me for one)! I don't know if anyone else know of this but she said it was supposed to be very large and scary high tech steel rollercoasters!

I guess we can only hope.

Lee

Adventurer
magicmom said:
OK. I was just visiting the beginning of February. A CM told me and my hubby that her hubby works for the construction company contracted with Disney. He has been clearing 100 acres by Animal Kingdom and was told that it was for a new Villians park. He was told that since they scrapped the park in Virginia they are moving that money to this new project that was supposed to be a big secret.
She said since people have been complaining about coming back every couple of years and the only thing that changes is some of the paint on the buildings. (Me for one)! I don't know if anyone else know of this but she said it was supposed to be very large and scary high tech steel rollercoasters!
I guess we can only hope.

Simply put....they lied. :rolleyes:

cindy_k

SpenceMan01 said:
UoE needs a major update. I'm talking about the videos: the Jeopardy set is sooo old. It's not even close to the current set. I mean come on, the score boards are still lightbulb arrays!!! UPDATE THE THING!!

(And give Ellen the boot) :lookaroun

But but.. *sniff* :cry: I Love that attraction. Ellen and Bill Nye make me laugh everytime. :lol:

testtracker

An Alien thrill ride sounds cool. Maybe have dinosaur type vehicle themed as a rocket and go into a ship like the one in GMR with a large alien AA. Although, it would probably be killed along with AE because of the "scare factor" :mad:

wdwswan&dolphin

I'm a Lupin III/Nausicaa/Laputa/Totoro/Kiki/Porco Rosso/Mononoke/Spirited Away nut, so Disney should build a "Miyazaki Studios" @ Disney-MGM Studios, since they have the "distribution rights" to these films. It should be a small area, with maybe only one or two attractions, based on the films of Studio Ghibli. It might benefit the park, as would Maroon Studios and Muppet Studios.

jaredliu

I heard that there won't be any major E-ticket attraction after EE due to the budget issue. WDW put two mega buget attraction ( Mission Space and EE) in only three years and that's really tough for WDW. There won't be any big plan for WDW in the next one or two years until the new rides at west coast opens ( Monster Inc, new 20k with Nemo, Incredible). The rumors I heard from internet said that there won't be a major ride in 20k site in Mk. Weather or not is there a new Indy ride depends on the forth Indy film, but I think Indy show will be closed and replaced by something else sooner or later. They only interesting news I have heard is the rehab of the POTC with the extra scence or characters from the movie, and even a complete redone of the ride. What I THINK is they should really work on some rides on Epcot such as redone the spaceship earth to be more state-of-the-art-technology ride but maintain the storyline and the soul of the original. Another example is Energy of Universe, I really have a feeling that they are going to replace it, because it's not a "land" like living sea, or wonder of life, so it's just easier to replace it.

JeepGuy77

I'd like to see the Indiana Jones ride from DL replace the current stunt show. Would be good complement to Star Tours.

I'd also like to see the upcoming "Raging Spirits" attraction going in at Tokyo DisneySea go into Adventureland at MK. This would bring an E-ticket to Adventureland.

Any thoughts?

SpenceMan01

JeepGuy77 said:
I'd like to see the Indiana Jones ride from DL replace the current stunt show. Would be good complement to Star Tours.

I'd also like to see the upcoming "Raging Spirits" attraction going in at Tokyo DisneySea go into Adventureland at MK. This would bring an E-ticket to Adventureland.

Any thoughts?

I've seen videos of Raging Spirits testing. I don't think it could be considered E-Ticket, unless you consider Primeval Whirl at AK an E-ticket. I know I sure don't.

RSoxNo1

wdwswan&dolphin said:
I'm a Lupin III/Nausicaa/Laputa/Totoro/Kiki/Porco Rosso/Mononoke/Spirited Away nut, so Disney should build a "Miyazaki Studios" @ Disney-MGM Studios, since they have the "distribution rights" to these films. It should be a small area, with maybe only one or two attractions, based on the films of Studio Ghibli. It might benefit the park, as would Maroon Studios and Muppet Studios.

Raise your hand if you know what he's talking about? This has all the makings of a Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage segment on Conan O'Brien.

stitchcastle

expansion

RSoxNo1 said:
Raise your hand if you know what he's talking about? This has all the makings of a Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage segment on Conan O'Brien.

=raises hand= I do!

anyway, rumours have been brewing all weekend over at the WDWmagic general topics forum about BIG things coming to WDW after the 50th.

the original rumour basically said:

-100 acre Wood would be accompanied by a major E-ticket in Fantasyland

-that would then be followed by another E-ticket in Adventureland

-The Indy Stunt Show is going down, replaced by another E-ticket

-Depending on the success of Everest, something big is coming to Animal Kingdom

-and A LOT of changes and surprises await Epcot's 25th

for now they are rumours, and pretty vague ones at that but there is a sort of way to confirm his legitimacy since he predicted that the Epcot wand goes down in the 50th. If it does then the rumours he said might actually be legit........ here's to hoping

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom