What's After Everest?

SpenceMan01

RSoxNo1 said:
Din-O-Land USA doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the park if that's what you're saying.

DinORama was meant to be a carnival atmosphere with "cheap" rides and attractions and that's exactly what it is. Just because people don't like it, doesn't mean it's not there and shouldn't be considered part of the park.

You're right that MGM or Epcot doesn't have the dumbo style rides. Heck, the Magic Kingdom has three of them and just because Astro Orbiter is elevated doesn't really make it much better. Primevil Whirl isn't exactly a great ride either, but again, it has the carnival atmosphere nailed down. Because it's a coaster it qualifies as a thrill ride. I know that sounds somewhat ignorant but it's true. Sure it's not on par with other E-Ticket attractions in the Animal Kingdom like the Safari, Dinosaur or Kali (yes, Kali) but it can't be completely discounted.

People keep complaining about how the Animal Kingdom is an incomplete park, and when Everest is completed I just don't see it. You'll have Everest, two amazing walk throughs (+ other animals off the beaten path), Dinosaur, Lion King and the Safari as must sees each and every day. Tack on Kali if it's hot out and "Tough to be a Bug" if you're into that sort of thing. Compared to MGM - AK may be more of a full day park once Everest is completed.

At MGM you'll have RnR, ToT, LMA, GMR, Muppets and Millionare.

Not sure if you're replying to me or others, but I'll defend my post just the same.

I do agree with you. Dinorama has GREAT theming and Primeval Whirl is a fun coaster. For what they were going for with Dinorama, they hit the nail on the head. With that said, I just don't feel like it meshes with the rest of the park.

Lynx04

Bullredchaser said:
I thought that after Everest a new Theme Park was being made.Wasn't 2007 the date that coincides with past WDW park openings?

Not happening, there is no market need for another park. Disney doesn't have a timeline of when parks need to open. The "open a park every decade" myth is exactly that. Don't expect a new park to open with in the next 20 years.

Dayma

IMO Fantasy Land needs something to replace 20K. I hope a darkride.

They also need to get rid of Body Wars and replace it with something new, not a Star Tours clone please.

It would also be nice to see a ride added to Canada if possible. I am really sick of the videos. It would be better to have a darkride through Canada then the movie.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Lynx is right no new Disney park in WDW’s foreseeable future. Quite Honestly I would expect to see a Disney park built somewhere else in the US long before another one is built in Orlando.

JayDarkKnight25

Here's my Project Tracker Prediction Lineup:

1).Indiana Jones Adventure-DISNEY'S MGM STUDIOS,Break for Construction:TBA 2007 + Possible Opening Date:TBA 2008-2009.
2).CANADA ATTRACTION-DISNEY'S EPCOT,Break for Construction:TBA MID 2007, Possible Opening Date:2008-2009.
3).JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH-Break for Construction:TBA Late 2007,Possible Opening Date:Early 2008-2009.

RSoxNo1

Well we know about the proposed park in Virginia I beleive. The big problem with that idea however would be attendance. Sure, it would provide much needed jobs and tourism dollars to areas that needed it, but the majority of the locals would be unable to appreciate the rural America atmosphere the park would be celebrating. I think Disney had the right idea with this proposed park, I myself have thought of a similiar concept but economically, it just wasn't feasible. I think we'd be more likely to see a park opening up in the middle of the country, say in St. Louis, or further south in Houston.

stitchcastle

the main concern I still believe when it comes to the Magic Kingdom is the still unused 20,000 Leagues site WDW management really has to come up with something to put there that won't dissapoint.

Isn't Animal Kingdom supposed to be on a "new attraction" hiatus after Everest since it will be paying for major maintenance issues around the park? Who here has heard about the drainage problem plaguing AK?

Castmembers in MGM have also been saying that after LMAX nothing new will come to to the park for the next several years. Besides, Isn't MGM about to go through a million-dollar name change this June/July?

Epcot I'm sure will have the Brother Bear ride in Canada to hide Soarin's ride building, after that I guess we will have to say good bye to the older pavillions once its time for their supposed mega-rehab, especially with the park's 25th just around the corner.

Lynx04

RSoxNo1 said:
Well we know about the proposed park in Virginia I beleive. The big problem with that idea however would be attendance. Sure, it would provide much needed jobs and tourism dollars to areas that needed it, but the majority of the locals would be unable to appreciate the rural America atmosphere the park would be celebrating. I think Disney had the right idea with this proposed park, I myself have thought of a similiar concept but economically, it just wasn't feasible. I think we'd be more likely to see a park opening up in the middle of the country, say in St. Louis, or further south in Houston.

I truely hope Disney doesn't build another park in the US. Their is absolutely no need to build another park in this country. All it will do is siphon off guests from WDW. WDW is mainly dependent on national travelers. Building another park would cause guest in that particular region to opt out of a WDW trip for 7 days and go to the Virginia park for 2 to 3 days. Considering that half of the country's population lives within a days drive of Philadelphia, you can see how most people would rather take a small 2 day trip to the Virginia park rather then a week long trip to Florida. Also, why would you want to build a park that would only be open for only 8 months? I think the idea of any additional park in the country is a very bad plan. The only time I would look into that idea is if and when WDW has no more room to expand and there is a high demand for expansion.

SpenceMan01

RSoxNo1 said:
I think we'd be more likely to see a park opening up in the middle of the country, say in St. Louis, or further south in Houston.

I don't know if the Mouse would go for a park in a location that is only open seasonally. Six Flags - St. Louis closes in the winter, and I'd think Disney would want to stay open year-round.

Dj Corona

I live in Maryland, Paramount's King's Dominion is in Virginia, as well as Busch Gardens, and their seasonal..plus we have a Six Flags here, same story.

Lynx04

Dj Corona said:
I live in Maryland, Paramount's King's Dominion is in Virginia, as well as Busch Gardens, and their seasonal..plus we have a Six Flags here, same story.

I don't think Disney wants to have a park that is seasonal. I think seasonal employment also leads to lower quality in service. The reason being is that most people would only work a part of the year. Since the job isn't a secured yearly job most people won't take their job to heart as much. People would look at the job as a temp experience and not as a possible career. I understand that Disney has seasonal employees, but they have the leadership of full year employees to lead them. Of course that is just my opinion on that.

I also wouldn't want to see Disney go down the same street as Six Flags. Six Flags is in the position they are in because of the large amount of parks they own. It is easier to raise 2 kids then it is to raise 15 kids. The more parks they open and have to maintain then one by one some parks are going to fall through the cracks.

hawkkid011790

Lynx04 said:
one by one some parks are going to fall through the cracks.

I like that quote

Disney wont open a park in the middle of the country, but what interests me is what disney will do after each of the projects are done in MGM, E, and AK. I personaly hope for some Indy ride at MGM, Austrian in AK, and ride in the ws at E

JayDarkKnight25

Indiana Jones Adventure-Disney/MGM Studios,Opening Date:2007-2008,Break for Construction:Late TBA 2006.
Canada Attraction-Disney's Epcot,Opening Date:2008-2009,Break for Construction: Late TBA 2007.
Journey to the Center of the Earth-Disney's Animal Kingdom,Opening Date:2007-2008,Break for Construction:Early TBA 2008.

SpenceMan01

Lynx04 said:
I don't think Disney wants to have a park that is seasonal. I think seasonal employment also leads to lower quality in service. The reason being is that most people would only work a part of the year. Since the job isn't a secured yearly job most people won't take their job to heart as much. People would look at the job as a temp experience and not as a possible career. I understand that Disney has seasonal employees, but they have the leadership of full year employees to lead them. Of course that is just my opinion on that.

I disagree to a point. I worked at Valleyfair one summer a few years back. Even though I knew that chances were that I wouldn't be having a career with them and it was just for a summer, that didn't affect my performance at all. I definitely put my heart and soul into my job as a ride op. I tried to make sure that any guests that I had contact with had a great time and left with smiles on their faces (unless they were misbehaving, then I gave them the "what for").

I do understand that while there were many of us who poured ourselves into our jobs, there were those who lacked the heart. So, I do see your point, but there are exceptions... like me! :D

Lynx04

SpenceMan01 said:
I disagree to a point. I worked at Valleyfair one summer a few years back. Even though I knew that chances were that I wouldn't be having a career with them and it was just for a summer, that didn't affect my performance at all. I definitely put my heart and soul into my job as a ride op. I tried to make sure that any guests that I had contact with had a great time and left with smiles on their faces (unless they were misbehaving, then I gave them the "what for").

I do understand that while there were many of us who poured ourselves into our jobs, there were those who lacked the heart. So, I do see your point, but there are exceptions... like me! :D

Yes your right there are exceptions. In life their is no such thing as 100%, except death, and I am not 100% sure of that. ;) I should have worded it different.

Tim G

objr said:
You gotta give us more than that....pllleeeeeaaasseee......

Any juicy rumors of projects that have any chance of actually being green lit?

(Had to try...:kiss: )
Nothing (at the moment) will be green lighted (not in the very near future) ... Sorry...

Sergeant Tibbs

Snapper Bean said:
They could use a slow moving dark ride but Disney seems to have lost interest in building those).
You know, i just had a thought . Why didn't Disney make a Stitch dark ride instead of replacing Alien Encounter. It probably would of done just as good if not better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom