What's After Everest?

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
We are lesss than a year away from Expedition: Everest coming on line. That would mean that all of the projects announced in October 2003 (Stich's Greate Escape, Soarin', Lights Motors Action Stunt Show) as well as Everest (announced in April 2003) would have been completed. My question is what is next? or alternatively when do you expect that we will hear about it?

I would presume that there would be no new projects announced until after 5/5 and probably not until after 7/17. At some point, technically, Disney has not even announced what they are putting in the 20K site, nor have they announced the Disneyland greenlit projects (refurb of Subs for Nemo, Monsters, Inc.s overlay of SSL ride system).

I tend to think that Disney always has "something" greenlit in the pipeline.

Snapper Bean

speck76

I would not imagine anything MAJOR being annouced until at least early 2006. With the Happiest Celebration on Earth ending at the end of '06, most new attractions would probably open afterwards.

I have heard rumors from a reliable source about MGM getting a new major attraction......and that a major attraction would eventually be built in the 20K area (I would expect the MGM attraction to open first....that park needs more help)

Also on the horizon is the 25th anniversary of Epcot, and then the 10th anniversary of DAK.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think a rumor was going around that when EE was completed that WDW would be announcing a major addition to AK. The most prevalent concept was Australia. There have also been rumblings about Bald Mountain going in the old 20k site.

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
speck76 said:
I would not imagine anything MAJOR being annouced until at least early 2006. With the Happiest Celebration on Earth ending at the end of '06, most new attractions would probably open afterwards.

I have heard rumors from a reliable source about MGM getting a new major attraction......and that a major attraction would eventually be built in the 20K area (I would expect the MGM attraction to open first....that park needs more help)

Also on the horizon is the 25th anniversary of Epcot, and then the 10th anniversary of DAK.

I think MGM should be next in the queue. Perhaps this stunt show will be a huge draw but I tend to think that people really prefer rides to shows (I know I do). I tend to believe the rumor that the Indy Stunt Show is on borrowed time whether it will be replaced with the Indy Ride or something else. No need for 2 stunt shows in relative proximity and the Indy Space could be expanded in the parking lot at the expense of some spaces, I believe.

OliveMcFly

I would hope that after EE and after the celebration that WDW would focus on the 20K area. I know there is this whole 100 Acre Woods thing going there but, I'm not satisfied with that. There needs to be a ride there.

TownSquareSteve

Personally, I've heard some unconfirmed rumors about a tommorowl overhaul (which would include a new look space mountain, sim. to DL) and toontown fair remodel to make it look more like DL's. As far as other parks, the Studios would be my next guess to get a major attraction, either to replace indy or to take up some additional space in the backlot area. EPCOT could see a new ride in WS (rumors like a river ride going behind Canada) or if Gen. Grizz's worst fear comes true, a removal of WoL and replacement with a new pavilion (i hate this idea myself :fork: :mad: ). Other random rumors i've heard (now not from great sources so take with a grain of salt): Villians themed land in MK (with Bald Mountain), an E-Ticket in AdventureLand (Fire Mountain perhaps?), and/or a remake of Spaceship Earth (also not a big fan of this idea :mad: :fork: ). Like I said this is only some unconfirmed rumors, but maybe this will get the ball rollin on some discussion!!!

Have a magical day,

Steve

OliveMcFly

bhg469 - i would like to see something happen with the muppets but that probably wont happen.
I would love to see something with The Muppets. I guess there have been rumors of expanding thier presence in the park but, I'm not sure. I don't know what they could do as far as a ride. Maybe a show?? They're puppets anyways.

SirGoofy

My thought on what's next:
1)MGM-The removal of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and the construction of Indiana Jones and the Temple of (Insert ancient artifact here).

2)MK-Construction of new E-Ticket at the 20K site. I hope it will be Journey to the Center of the Earth, but all I've been hearing is Bald Mountain.

3) I think they have to have some plans for Epcot. WOL is closed, UOE is in need of a rehab in my opinion, and Imagination is still lackluster.

4)AK-Beastly Kingdom...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think MGM needs the Indiana Jones Adventure of the Thrill Riding Mummy ride. I think it could happen sometime in the neer future!!!!!!! If not, its still a possibility and we will have to just sit back and wait and see!!!!! :lookaroun

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
1. I tend to think that the momentun behind the Muppets rumors has been lost as Disney really hasn't exploited their acquisition much since it was completed.

2. I'll reserve judgment until I can ascertain the extent of the development of the 100 acre wood but I think its going to exist as merely a meet and greet for a couple of years before they start anything there.

3. AK seems to be the park with the most buildable space (I think) but I just think they'll go elsewhere. (I really like AK and think it has a pretty dang good mix of rides, especially after EE is on line. They could use a slow moving dark ride but Disney seems to have lost interest in building those).

4. MGM seems the most logical. I'd guess that by Fall of 2005 (6 months or so of the Motor Stunt Show running, Disney makes an announcement about a new attraction going into the Indy Stunt Show space. Just a hunch. Disneyland's 50th will have died down a bit by then. My second guess would be World Showcase getting something to open coinciding with Epcot's 25th.

bears163

i would hope MGM gets some thing but i am kind of doubting it. with the stunt show opening and soarin opening in epcot and all the rehabs in the kingdom. what park would be next? they are all getting something new so who knows but i think MGM needs to be next in line for soemthing and also animal kingdom whick should be like master yoda said australia or :brick: beastly kingdon (doubt that one though)

bhg469

DisneyGrl85 said:
I would love to see something with The Muppets. I guess there have been rumors of expanding thier presence in the park but, I'm not sure. I don't know what they could do as far as a ride. Maybe a show?? They're puppets anyways.

A show would be cool but they were tossing around the idea of a great movie ride but with mupptes, that would be kinda neat too.

the other thing i would like to see if an MGM version of the haunted mansion, one wher they could use updated ride technology, kinda like dinosaur only with ghosts. that way the origional HM doesnt get ruined.

General Grizz

Although this may be before Everest, look for changes at Living Seas and potentially Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life.

WDI Florida is about to undergo layoffs, so I don't think that much in the way of brand new, innovative attractions is currently going past "blue sky" in a post-2006 schedule...

imagineerfan

SirGoofy said:
My thought on what's next:
1)MGM-The removal of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and the construction of Indiana Jones and the Temple of (Insert ancient artifact here).

2)MK-Construction of new E-Ticket at the 20K site. I hope it will be Journey to the Center of the Earth, but all I've been hearing is Bald Mountain.
:

I would love to see either of these two attractions brough to WDW, especially Journey to the Center of the Earth, because I'll probably never make it out to TDL.

Off topic: May be a dumb question but, SirGoffy, what is the FB team on your picture?

disneydisney

Also, with a new CEO, we might have some different things in for us in the future. I know the next CEO will have to prove themself in the parks, movies, etc. or I am sure they will be out. Disney doesn't want the company to go downhill so the employees and sharholders will be watching what happens. Who knows what will happen? I just hope they live out to Walt's Philosophy.

sconti

Since the MK has 3 thrill rides (Splash, Thunder, & Space), Epcot will have 3 thrill rides (TT, MS, & Soarin'), and the AK will have 3 thrill rides (Dinosaur, Kali, & EE), I believe an announcement of an e-ticket ride for MGM would be great. With MGM only having 2 thrill rides (ToT & RnRC), this would seem to round things out nicely and give each park 3 thrill rides.

Otherwise, it would be nice to hear a dual announcement for MGM...a new Star Tours movie and the long rumored Indy Ride to replace the stunt show.

netenyahoo

The most logical one is Indy at MGM, but you really never know. I would love to see a redo of Toontown Fair. I would think that maybe some smaller C or D tickets for AK would be needed. The old rumor that Flik's Fun Fair would come to AK may happen. I would prefer family rides, not little kiddie rides.

Indy95

Ok, for anyone who would like to catch up with the latest rumors, I have compiled the "Unofficial WDW future attraction rumors list" for everyone to enjoy:

MK:
Bald Mountain: the most infamous 20k rumor. Lee has been quoted as saying that "BM is like the kid sitting at the front of the room waving his hand and shouting 'Pick me! Pick me!'"

Tomorrowland: Possible replacement of CoP and Timekeeper are the most likely. Some have said one of them will be replaced with Little Green Alien Bumpercars, but I refuse to believe it. Anyway, nothing else is really in the works for TL.

Epcot:
Future World has a ton of rumors. The Living Seas is ever so slowly going through its update. Updates have also been floating around for UoE and SSE, although the UoE seems the more likely to happen. Rumors also swirl around for WoL. Will they replace it, remove it, or just open it seasonally? The latest that I've heard is that the pavilion will close very soon, and another will be built in its place. Your guess is as good as mine as to what that replacement might be.

World Showcase rumors have been few and far between. The only ones I've heard are a possible new parade and Illuminations show for Epcot's 25th.

MGM:
After LMAX opens, there could be any one of many potential projects happening. These include:

Great Muppet Movie Ride: With Disney having acquired the Muppets, the plans for GMMR have been taken out of mothballs and are being considered. I've been told by some people that not only are they being considered, but will be announced as soon as LMAX opens and are a definite go. We'll just have to see.

Indiana Jones Adventure: Obviously the one I would like to see. This is kind of a boggling rumor, because there are so many forces acting both for and against it. On one hand, the plans for IJA have been around for that area of MGM since at least 1995, MGM needs a new E-Ticket, the Indy stunt show is getting old, and the fourth IJ movie will be released soon. On the other hand, everyone with any kind of inside info have suggested that "it's just as likely as anything else right now." So we'll see.

Replacement show for WWTBAM: Evidence suggests that the show will close withing the next few years. Although this is not definite, replacement rumors have already been flying around. They include, but are not limited to: a Kingdom Hearts show, a huge super villains ride, a huge super Kingdom Hearts ride, and a Power Rangers show.

Animal Kingdom:
The general consensus says that once EE opens, a new land for AK will open in the very near future, and most likely will be announced right after EE is completed. Unfortunately, though the Beastly Kingdom idea is not completely dead, it is definitely on life support. Don't expect to see BK anytime soon. But among the ashes have arisen three rumored lands, in order of feasibility:\
1. Australia (don't know what kind of attractions would be found here...the only one I know of is a Soarin-type ride)
2. Mysterious Island, featuring Journey to the Center of the Earth
3. Narnia (can only be included if movie is popular, and even then is most unlikely)

Whew, hope that covered everything. I hope people acually read this too. Oh well, hope you enjoyed. Peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom