What YOU Thought of New Fantasyland so Far

Magenta Panther

Of course, I haven't yet experienced it (but will in a few weeks, yay!), but bottom line: Fantasyland NEEDED an expansion, has needed it for decades. When I first visited WDW, I was astonished at how SMALL Fantasyland was, how much it lacked any kind of atmosphere. Very disappointing, considering that FL is probably considered WDW's signature park. But now, from looking at pictures alone, it looks like TDO has solved the atmosphere problem at least. Everything looks STUNNING...may I say "enchanting"? And that alone is a huge triumph. Yeah, I wish the rides were a bit more ambitious, but then Mine Train isn't open yet, and hopefully one day PPF will be given the huge plussing it deserves. For now I'm very pleased with the expansion overall and can't wait to see it in person!

Scuttle

I'm slow sometimes. Are you being sarcastic, or do you really think this is the best themed land ever created? I do think the theming and scenery look amazing, but Carsland and Potterland are both pretty solid too. Just my opinion.

I'll put Asia and Africa up against anything WDI has done stateside. I was there today and it was pretty amazing, but I can't say it's hands down the best themed land created by WDI stateside.

Scuttle

Speaking of exposed show buildings, this is a little disappointing...

SightLine.jpg

Ouch! I don't understand this. All they needed to do was build the wall 1-2 feet taller.

HTF

The FLE is better than Cars Land. Fact.

Whoa!!! Hang on their, have you visited both because I have. While the FLE is very impressive in the theming department its got nothing on Carsland. RSR's is without a doubt the greatest Disney Dark ride since ToT, the overall land is very immersive, and it offers something for everyone which the FLE fails to do. I'm not saying the FLE is bad by any means well outside of the 5 dollar apple juice, I'm saying Carsland is just that good. The Wizarding World is the only thing that just barely trumps Carsland as the most impressive theme park addition created in the last two decades.

lazyboy97o

I think I'd give it a solid B as of right now. Some very solid work that is shaky in places but nothing truly exceptional or ground breaking.

CaptJapan

After checking it out myself, I'll say this.
Wonderful theming, too much focus on little children, not enough on all ages.
I rode Goofy once and really was disappointed. Dumbo was fine, Little Mermaid was decent, loved the queue.
Storytime with Bell is a huge waste of space. Well see what the Seven Dwarf's mine turns out like.

Ignohippo

I think I'd give it a solid B as of right now. Some very solid work that is shaky in places but nothing truly exceptional or ground breaking.

I hold judgement until I see it in person, but this seems like a very fair critique from what the pictures and videos seem to show.

mikenatcity1

From the pictures it looks amazing- I can't wait to see it in December! One thing that i'm keeping in mind- the land won't be completely done until 2014- that's when i'm going to judge fully- SDMT might be the thrill rides that it needs to make it among the best themed lands in the country (the track and building are certainly making it seem that it's going to be awesome). I absolutely love Potter, but the 1 problem I have is that it's too squished and tight- a modest crowd makes it almost impossible to go from the Hogwarts Express to the back. Plus, when you're leaving the area by Hogwarts, you go under the Jurassic Park sign and see the large showbuilding and Hogwarts- kind of makes you come back to reality. No place is going to have all show buildings covered 100%- I've accepted that and make it part of the fantasy.

Ktcupcake11

Just went Sunday. I give it an A! Although my bf and I are in our 30s we did ETwB and loved it! The mirror was amazing! BOG looks great inside. Can't wait to eat there. Gastons was great! Wish it had more variety but I'm thinking the reason they didn't was because BOG will offer lunch. I'm sure if people want more they will eventually add to the menu. I used the bathrooms (which are gorgeous, but no photos from me) and you know what.... Didn't even notice the building. Plus I'm pretty sure once that tree gets fuller, you won't see it at all. Bonjour gifts was cute... absolutely loved Ariel. The queue was awesome. The ride was adorable. They even fixed Ariel's hair in the undersea scene!

Like I said, I give it an A. It was exactly what I imagined it all to look like as a kid. I was enthralled and didn't want to leave. It was in a word, Magical :)

FitzherbertFreak

I went the day before the soft opening began XD But no worries, I'm going Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Also, a couple trips next month and then the Grand Opening. Can't wait! :D

ctxak98

Whoa!!! Hang on their, have you visited both because I have. While the FLE is very impressive in the theming department its got nothing on Carsland. RSR's is without a doubt the greatest Disney Dark ride since ToT, the overall land is very immersive, and it offers something for everyone which the FLE fails to do. I'm not saying the FLE is bad by any means well outside of the 5 dollar apple juice, I'm saying Carsland is just that good. The Wizarding World is the only thing that just barely trumps Carsland as the most impressive theme park addition created in the last two decades.

Even though I have not been to DCA yet and have not done RSR....I still will probably like FLE better. NOT based on ride factor but on the movies being used in it. I absolutely HATE cars. Itis the only Pixar movie I will not watch! It puts me to sleep. So while RSR may be fun and I am one who will take themed Thrills over anything...I will probably have more fun on the Mine Train. I think I hate it because of Mater...he bothers me.

Rescue Ranger

Whats with the Gaston "statue"......wasn't this or isn't this supposed to be an FOUNTAIN? I could have sworn both the older artwork and revised artwork with the barrels, showed running water???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom