What YOU Thought of New Fantasyland so Far

tomman710

I never have a problem stating my onions as if they were facts.

Stitch sucks.

I don't need to add an IMO to that or anything else, really, because I assume everyone knows that we are are just stating what we think...giving our opinions. We'd all have to start or end EVERY POST with an IMO if we all didn't just go on that assumption, lol.

If someone else says, "No, it doesn't suck! It's the best ride ever! I love Stitch so much and seeing him made me deliriously happy! That smelly burp was so funny I laughed out loud! It's the best ride in WDW!"...it won't upset me. I won't worry that them loving it means I'm wrong for thinking it sucks. I won't get mad at them.

We all have opinions. They can be different.

Arguing that blue is the only color one can paint a pool is silly. Most of us prefer blue pools. The overwhelming majority of people use blue or a grey with blue in it. But a person *could* paint a pool pink or yellow, if they wanted to. You might be disturbed by a pink pool. You might hate the idea. You could even refuse to swim in it. But none of that would make blue better.

To each, his own.

But if I were to say, "current TDO has no clue what they are doing" ... we'd all accept that as fact, right?

jdmdisney99

I never have a problem stating my onions as if they were facts.

Stitch sucks.

I don't need to add an IMO to that or anything else, really, because I assume everyone knows that we are are just stating what we think...giving our opinions. We'd all have to start or end EVERY POST with an IMO if we all didn't just go on that assumption, lol.

If someone else says, "No, it doesn't suck! It's the best ride ever! I love Stitch so much and seeing him made me deliriously happy! That smelly burp was so funny I laughed out loud! It's the best ride in WDW!"...it won't upset me. I won't worry that them loving it means I'm wrong for thinking it sucks. I won't get mad at them.

We all have opinions. They can be different.

Arguing that blue is the only color one can paint a pool is silly. Most of us prefer blue pools. The overwhelming majority of people use blue or a grey with blue in it. But a person *could* paint a pool pink or yellow, if they wanted to. You might be disturbed by a pink pool. You might hate the idea. You could even refuse to swim in it. But none of that would make blue better.

To each, his own.
"State my onions..." :D lol haha

Patricia Melton

Can someone who has been there on the ground clarify something for me?

Someone said on another thread that the trees have not all been put in yet and that hedges are being used until the different landscaping phases are done.

I don't think I know the extent of this. How many trees will there be? Will it really feel like you are walking through a forest? I see the trees around Belle's, the village, and BoG...but I'm wondering if they are going to line the paths and the area around SDMT with big trees to really make it feel like an enchanted forest with lots of greenery.

That would be amazing.

Does anyone know the extent of the trees that are coming. Not the most exciting topic, I know, but I would really love to experience this place in a few years when the trees all mature and it feels like a real forest in the middle of the park. That would be so amazing and relaxing and magical to me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Someone said on another thread that the trees have not all been put in yet and that hedges are being used until the different landscaping phases are done.

I don't think I know the extent of this. How many trees will there be? Will it really feel like you are walking through a forest? I see the trees around Belle's, the village, and BoG...but I'm wondering if they are going to line the paths and the area around SDMT with big trees to really make it feel like an enchanted forest with lots of greenery.

That would be amazing.

Does anyone know the extent of the trees that are coming. Not the most exciting topic, I know, but I would really love to experience this place in a few years when the trees all mature and it feels like a real forest in the middle of the park. That would be so amazing and relaxing and magical to me.

I would assume that the area around the mine ride will get a lot more trees when it's done. The model and concept art do show a lot of greenery there.

Weather_Lady

I haven't read the previous posts -- but here is my take. We were present for a "New Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal" on Wednesday. We bypassed Enchanted Tales with Belle due to a long wait, but we did walk around and admire the trees, walls and other details. Gaston's Tavern and Be Our Guest were closed, but there were uniformed cast members at both locations, answering questions. Gaston's fountain is a great centerpiece and they had a PhotoPass photographer stationed there, who was kept very busy. The new restrooms are large, open and nicely themed to the area, with stone tiles and wrought iron-and-amber-glass light fixtures. (I have my priorities. Nice potties is one of them. ;)) We rode the Little Mermaid attraction. It's no E-ticket, but my children loved it and I saw little to criticize. It is what it is, and the queue is really beautiful.

Storybook Circus was even more colorful and festive in person than in the photos I'd seen. My daughter only had eyes for Dumbo, and we enjoyed every minute we spent there.

PintoColvig

We went today and dress rehearsal was in effect. I must say, the overall theming is over the top great. As for the attractions themselves, here is the reaction of my family...

Me: I loved the mirror entrance, Wardrobe, and Lumiere at ETWB. The story time itself went way too fast but the photo op with Belle was great. As for LM, I loved most of it except that there was no real climactic scene with Ursula. In fact, when she got her voice back, I initially thought she was losing her voice in that scene and that the storyline was being messed with.

My wife: She liked ETWB but thought that LM was "good not great". Like me, she thought the queue for LM gave the impression that the attraction inside was going to have more "wow" than it actually does. Even so, we both thought it is a good dark ride and much better than SWSA. She also said LM reminded her of Nemo at Epcot. I guess it was the clambuggies.

11 year old daughter and 9 year old son: Both said that FLE was "okay".

5 year old daughter: ETWB and LM were "awesome!" She also thinks Stitch's Great Escape is awesome, too, so take that for what it's worth. ;-)

jdmdisney99

That would be amazing.

Speaking of trees does anyone know if there are them magical twinkle lights in New Fantasyland? :)

PintoColvig

We went back for a nighttime looksee. Was able to take a peek at the inside of BOG, too. Wow, the ballroom is impressive!

This new area is really growing on me. I think it needs to be evaluated by the sum of things rather than by its individual parts. For me, its theming is on par with Asia at AK. It is beautiful. Pictures and video do not do it justice.

luv

Mr. Super Success (don't you know? can't you guess?) was outside doing M&Gs, too. I forgot to check his chin, lol, but he did have biceps to spare and appeared to be everyone's favorite guy.

Excellent costuming. :)

I still don't see the point of those walls jutting out near the entrance. I suppose I will, in time. Right now, they just seem like useless cluttering up of FL...but I'm sure it will all make sense eventually.

The bathrooms by Gaston's Tavern are attractive and seriously designed to hide dirt! But they cannot hide the used items overflowing from the receptacle in the stall. EW. Ick. Clean it up, Disney!!

Never in all my years did I hear so many low-level managers discussing breaks with employees in front of guests at WDW. In fact, I never heard it once before and today, heard it four times...five, if you count the radio one of them was carrying. They should try to do this stuff where people can't hear them...especially now, when we all want so much to take in the new area without thinking about their breaks, who is late, who ran over, etc. I chalk it up to Preview Status and hope this doesn't become a regular thing all over WDW.

wiigirl

They served dinner to employees at BOG today.

I wonder if that means they'll open it for previews.

Here's hoping!
75.gif

cba

Original Poster
They served dinner to employees at BOG today.

I wonder if that means they'll open it for previews.
I wouldn't get my hopes up if they served it to Castmembers or Imagineers. They probably eat there a lot if its 100% ready.

Please let this mean that they're going to start previews! Please!

Grumps

My thoughts:

Landscaping, queues were very nice all around.

My daughter loved ETWB. I was impressed with the Wardrobe and Lumiere. But was disappointed with the little time there is for pics with Belle and autograph if your child wants one.

My wife and daughter liked the LM ride. I liked the queue and thought the ride was solid enough. My daughter loved that Ariel had fins at the M&G.

While it was visually appealing, I couldn't help but think it cost a lot of money and took a lot of time and fell a little short on fun. I will have to wait (a lot longer) for the final piece to form my final opinion...but so far while I think it was nice, I just think it could have been more.

I didn't like the Circus side at all. It just doesn't work and think that they should have gone a different way than the Circus them. Goofy was uncomfortable and short and the wait was appalling for what you got. Dumbo was Dumbo. Liked the old water play area for the kids vs the new. We have been here for a week and only went into that area 1 time...going back two more days and seriously doubt we go back to that part of the park again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom