What would you like to see Disney do after Year of a Million Dreams?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Personally I like the idea of a night in the Castle and making the guests feel special with pins & fastpasses or whatever. I think that it really adds to the magic & the fun of being there if you are chosen. What should they do next?

Tom Morrow

I would like to see "The Year of No Promotional Celebrations"

But I'd also like to see continued focus on all of the new magical moments that were created for this celebration.

JML42691

Personally to me, it doesn't make much of a difference, it is just an advertisement in a large form. I would like them to continue some of the things that they have in it though, mostly dream fastpasses (rename them to "Magical Fastpasses"?), and to make the Castle Suite somewhat available to guests (lottery type process, renting it out).

I don't want it to end honestly! I wanna stay in the Castle!!! I saw Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel during the Holidays at Disney World show and I saw her go up in the suite and now I wanna stay there more!

maryt01

we got back from wdw last night. dream team member stopped us because of our unususl headpiece. we got so excited! he intro duced us to the winners of the people selected to stay in the castle. they were from canada. so, we expectedm alittle something such as a fast pass or something. we were disappointed that we got nothing. he raised our hopes and we got nothing. i would have felt better if he had not stopped us. anyway i hope that you all have better luck.

Katya

Likewise, I'd like to see a year without some sort of "celebration." They could continue to gives things away, I think it's just a great idea and goes with the spirit of the world anyway.

If anything I'd like to see them maybe do a year of remembering the history. Paying tribute to all things Disney, whether it be things from the parks or older more looked over movies, and kind of commemorating them. Maybe a legacy type thing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As said above, nothing. The World used to have magical happenings every day without being tied to a promotion.

Silvermist

I wish they'd have less of these "event" years. When every year is an event, they cease to be special and meaningful. But I agree they need to make some of the Dreams give-a-ways part of sop.

special fast passes
specially designed ears that can't be purchased
personal one-on-one encounter with favorite character
vip/reserved spot to view the show/parade/fireworks that night (I would love this one)

There is so much that wouldn't cost the company anything significant. Just a lot of things that pull people from the crowd and give them a special personal experience that they will remember for a lifetime. Magical!!

Scooter

I'd like to see "A Year Of Appreciation" for those of us who travel long distances 2 and 3 times a year to vacation at WDW and spend a week on property every trip.

My wife and I have been to WDW at least twice a year for the last 15 years and have almost always stayed on property. I'd like to see some discounts and perks for repeat out-of-staters who frequent WDW often.

CaptainJackNO

I would like to see Disney hold resort and ticket prices stable for a while. They can call it the Year of Impossible Dreams...........:zipit:

MickeyManiac02

I personally like the unified global promotions. The YOMD has unified all the parks across the board under one common theme. I think each of my trips have been special because of the fact that Disney is always celebrating or honoring something new and different, be it 100 years of Disney Magic, Disneyland's 50th, or the YOMD.

YOMD specifically has also, at least in my opinion, helped turn the company back to it's guest service roots. I noticed a big decline in the service that Disney was providing in the early years of this decade. YOMD has helped re-focus a lot of the cast and remind us that we are here to make magic happen. Making dreams come true can be so fun to do and I have noticed many more CMs going out of their way to create magical moments. This is what made us an industry leader in the past and I am so happy to see that guest service is the focus again. This global promotion has really inspired us all to remember what Disney is all about.. the power of dreams.

I think YOMD is going to have a great second year, and I agree that after it's time for a change, however, I would not be opposed to a new global celebration. Whatever it is, I hope it continues to celebrate and remind us of the wonder, nostalgia, and magic that we all feel when we think of Disney.

Just my thoughts. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom