What would you like to see Disney do after Year of a Million Dreams?

Cmdr_Crimson

Stop the celebrations for The parks as a WHOLE! Celebrating the parks when they opened as they used to was the best!..So mark your calander's in the up and coming future to see a measley little Pin!!!

Disney Animal Kingdom 10th - April 22nd 2008
Disney's Hollywood Studios 20th - May 1st 2009
Magic Kingdom's 40th - October 1st 2011
Epcot's 30th - October 1st 2012

dpunky

Why don't they just reuse the previous theme "Happiest Place On Earth", keep the dream squad that gives prizes like fast passes and stuff.

jakeman

I would like to see a mega-celebration:

100 Years of Millenial Gathering Celebrations at the Place where Wishes Dream.

Enderikari

Why don't they just reuse the previous theme "Happiest Place On Earth", keep the dream squad that gives prizes like fast passes and stuff.

Ummm.... "Happiest Place on Earth" does not equal theme.

Equals Tag Line of Disneyland...

in California...

Spyne

Here's what I personally hope to happen.

Once the YoaMD ends, I would like WDW to take a break from major celebrations. Also, this may not happen but I would like the universal "Disney Parks" brand to be dropped and have the Disney resorts promoted individually like before.

I think the next major celebration WDW should do (unless otherwise noted) should be in 2011 when it's WDW's 40th Anniversary. Also for other Anniversary events (such as DAK's 10th, Studios' 20th, etc.) should be like how Epcot's 25th was, one-day celebrations.

A lot of this is wishful thinking, but I would like that to happen.

kcnole

Personally I want to see no celebrations for a while, at least of this variety. The parks should be the draw, not that you might win something free while you're there. Just celebrate the parks, there's no need to have special banners all over the place trumpeting the year of a million dreams. Disney should be creating dreams for people without a promotion to go along with it.

The only real celebrations I would like to see are for truly special things such as anniversaries or big deals like the millenium celebration at Epcot. Having one celebration after another just makes them all the less special.

New2WDW

I'd like to see some discounts and perks for repeat out-of-staters who frequent WDW often.
This would be nice! :)

I agree with most of the other posters about maintaining the little gifts/giveaways that make your trip even more special. But I do not know anyone who has gone to WDW this past celebration just to try and win something. Many did not even realize what exactly was going on during the celebration.

I will say that, a bunch of people I know and have talked to have gone down these last two years because they have heard from others about what a great vacation they had. (My wife and I being some big promoters as well!) So with WDW having special moments/gifts it sparks some word of mouth advertisement that is second to none!

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
It looks like it will start over again in 2008. I'm glad that it is sticking around. I think that they are doing a good job with it.

echoreyn

I'm with the Year of the Villain people. Disney in DARKNESS! :fork: :lol:
I wish!
Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen, so I second the person who suggested a Grant-A-Wish Year where Disney gives selected guests their
(Disney-related) wishes.

dpunky

Year of the hidden mickey. Have disney place special hidden mickeys throughout the Disney Property (all the parks, resorts, Pleasure Island, etc.) It would be a year long scavenger hunt where these hidden mickeys can be prizes from dream fast passes, free resort room upgrades, free trips to all disney resorts, etc.

Tom Morrow

Touch Screen Celebration

New touch screens will be added all over the resort, where, after answering a few questions, you can watch a flash animation on what it would be like if WDW had a celebration going on based on what you picked.

TwoTigersMom

I personally like the unified global promotions. The YOMD has unified all the parks across the board under one common theme. I think each of my trips have been special because of the fact that Disney is always celebrating or honoring something new and different, be it 100 years of Disney Magic, Disneyland's 50th, or the YOMD.

YOMD specifically has also, at least in my opinion, helped turn the company back to it's guest service roots. I noticed a big decline in the service that Disney was providing in the early years of this decade. YOMD has helped re-focus a lot of the cast and remind us that we are here to make magic happen. Making dreams come true can be so fun to do and I have noticed many more CMs going out of their way to create magical moments. This is what made us an industry leader in the past and I am so happy to see that guest service is the focus again. This global promotion has really inspired us all to remember what Disney is all about.. the power of dreams.

I think YOMD is going to have a great second year, and I agree that after it's time for a change, however, I would not be opposed to a new global celebration. Whatever it is, I hope it continues to celebrate and remind us of the wonder, nostalgia, and magic that we all feel when we think of Disney.

Just my thoughts. :)

Great post! I agree 100%. I think that getting the cast members refocused and re energized is exactly what needed to be done. Any company needs to do this from time to time. I can see where it is extremely important at WDW. I could care less about the "celebration of the year", it's the special moments when I watch my boys faces light up when they trade pins with a cast member or just when a cast member takes time out of their day to stop and talk to one of them that mean the most to me. We went twice this year and although we didn't win any material prizes, we had a countless number of these special moments. Those are the things that keep us coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom