What would you HONESTLY pay for park admission?

Wondering what you would HONESTLY pay for a one day ADULT tix to WDW

• $25-$30

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • $30-$35

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • $35-$40

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • $40-$45

Votes: 25 15.4%
  • $45-$50

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • OVER $50

Votes: 62 38.3%

• Total voters

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PintoColvig said:
EDIT: I haven't seen this info. myself I'm just relaying what Wade wrote about over on JHM. Oh, and I agree with you Master Yoda, I feel you get what you pay for at Disney but because I get so much, it sometimes hurts financially!
It is usually a good idea to double check your sources. In todays society a typo can spread like a virus.:D

dolbyman

50$ and more is a normal price for german theme parks ...and I'd pay much more to visit the "mother" of all theme parks :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
PintoColvig said:
The info I intitially gave was from a Disney publication and was for Disneyland not WDW. I thought that was clear when I posted: "The average cost of a visit to Disneyland is $2.29..." I know, I know, this is a WDW board but it still is the the Disney company.

I know, I really thought you might find it interesting. It was a little off topic, so I apologize for that.

I always feel like I get a good value for my money when I go to Disney, even if its price increases have outpaced inflation. As others have noted, its a tricky math.

On a side note - Last year I went to Six Flags Great America and my wife wanted a large Sprite. I believe it was $5.75! Ouch!

PintoColvig

Master Yoda said:
It is usually a good idea to double check your sources. In todays society a typo can spread like a virus.:D

In order for me to double check this particular one, I'd have to fork out $125 over on Amazon for the book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEFNKY/qid=1142399829/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-4849627-4613547?s=books&v=glance&n=283155 and that's a no-can-do! Besides I mentioned in my first post that it was Wade who wrote about it. If a typo has been made and a virus unleashed, I just want to say, "It wasn't me; it was Wade!" :drevil: . I just posted this alleged inaccurate information over here so we can have fun discussing it or at least have a fight over it :D .

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PintoColvig said:
In order for me to double check this particular one, I'd have to fork out $125 over on Amazon for the book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEFNKY/qid=1142399829/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-4849627-4613547?s=books&v=glance&n=283155 and that's a no-can-do! Besides I mentioned in my first post that it was Wade who wrote about it. If a typo has been made and a virus unleashed, I just want to say, "It wasn't me; it was Wade!" :drevil: . I just posted this alleged inaccurate information over here so we can have fun discussing it or at least have a fight over it :D .
Not to be a smart @$$ but I confirmed my own memory by doing a Google search. I came up with this result in 0.12 seconds at a cost of $0 (2006 Dollars).:D There is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion just in the future if your numbers seem way off base double check them. We all make mistakes, God knows I make a bunch.:lol:

"War Google"

JPG

Since I do not enjoy WDW when it is busy, the price I would pay would take into account the 'supply and demand' factor. If WDW cost $10 per day I would suspect constant gridlock, and at $1000 per day a virtual ghosttown.

We just went in February for 10 days, bought Magic Your Way passes (which were a great deal), and felt the price we paid to visit relatively empty parks was well worth it.

Would I have paid alittle more for even emptier park, Yes. But I (personally) would not go during VERY busy times of the year regardless of price.

dig8x

Ok, since people are having a hissy fit over what the price was in 71. Due to the tickets, i can somewhat agree. I know you wanted to compare from the begining as well. Try this instead. in 81 they switched over to admission + unlimited rides. The price for that was $9.50

plugging it into the inflation calc gets you $21.16 for just admission in 2006.

The actual gate price in 2006 is $63.00 (assuming its non state) or $56.70 (florida resident)

That is a diffrence of $41.84 (non resident) and $35.54 (resident).

The only diffrence is the amount of rides/shows. Keep in mind, we still have some of the same rides today!

PintoColvig

Master Yoda said:
Not to be a smart @$$ but I confirmed my own memory by doing a Google search. I came up with this result in 0.12 seconds at a cost of $0 (2006 Dollars).:D There is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion just in the future if your numbers seem way off base double check them. We all make mistakes, God knows I make a bunch.:lol:

"War Google"

Maybe I’m misreading you but did I break a rule around here by posting this or something. Yes, I saw your :lol: but this double checking of facts issue seems to be in your crawl. I clearly stated at the beginning of my post that I was just repeating what Wade (Sampson) wrote at JHM (http://www.jimhillmedia.com). I didn’t claim these to be my numbers. If his numbers are wrong then his numbers are wrong. Fine. But are they really so “way off base” that I need to fact check them? Is it really that serious? So Wade claims that Walt’s book stated that “The average cost of a visit to Disneyland is $2.29, which includes admission to the Park, rides, amusements, souvenirs and parking.” You’ve seen and shown me a ticket from back then that has a price that is only 21 cents more. Man, I was way, way off base. Congratulations, you are right.

So, rather than keep beating a dead horse, what would be a more accurate figure for a day at DL in 1957? As you have already pointed out, admission and 7 tickets were $2.50 (in 1955). How much was parking back then? Did they charge for parking or was that included with the cost of admission? How much were souvenirs? Souvenirs back then wouldn’t have been too expensive and what would have been available would have been far more limited in both selection and cost than what’s typical today. So what would the total cost for admission, rides, amusements, souvenirs, and parking at DL have been back then? Would it be way off base to say that $5.00? If $5 is acceptable to you, and if the Inflation Calculator at http://www.westegg.com/inflation is reliable, then that $5 cost for DL would equate to $33.98 today. For fun, I would encourage you to compare that relative cost to what is actually spent at DL by a one-day guest but, honestly, I think we’re past the fun.

Why is it that so many of these discussions on this forum turn into nit-picky squabbles instead of light-hearted banter? Sorry, I may be misunderstanding you but this just frustrates me. But hey, I’m smilin’ :) sort of.

I

I,Walt

This is wrong

bryon1 said:
Wondering what you would HONESTLY pay to get into a WDW would park for a one day ticket? Has Disney oversold its market?
Yes they have over sold the market. $50.00 a day Per Park Plus Tax. Is More than enough but it is what I would pay. More than that and THEY ARE just trying to keep certain people out. Nothing more than legal Racism. WHITE DISNEY WORLD. I am a white male 35yo Texas native.

peter11435

I said:
Yes they have over sold the market. $50.00 a day Per Park Plus Tax. Is More than enough but it is what I would pay. More than that and THEY ARE just trying to keep certain people out. Nothing more than legal Racism. WHITE DISNEY WORLD. I am a white male 35yo Texas native.
What the heck are you talking about.

peter11435

I said:
Rasism pure and simple.
No not even close. Charging a high amount for park admission is not rasism. To be honest your accusation that high admission prices equate to rasism is itself racist. Its not about being racist it is about being a business and charging the maximum amount you can and still maintain demand.

PintoColvig

peter11435 said:
No not even close. Charging a high amount for park admission is not rasism. To be honest your accusation that high admission prices equate to rasism is itself racist. Its not about being racist it is about being a business and charging the maximum amount you can and still maintain demand.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. Disney will pretty much take money from anybody, even those who accuse them of racism. :D

scottnj1966

Those numbers cant be right. They didnt have a one day pass back then.
You paid to get in and then the abcde tickets for the rides.

PintoColvig said:
Maybe I’m misreading you but did I break a rule around here by posting this or something. Yes, I saw your :lol: but this double checking of facts issue seems to be in your crawl. I clearly stated at the beginning of my post that I was just repeating what Wade (Sampson) wrote at JHM (http://www.jimhillmedia.com). I didn’t claim these to be my numbers. If his numbers are wrong then his numbers are wrong. Fine. But are they really so “way off base” that I need to fact check them? Is it really that serious? So Wade claims that Walt’s book stated that “The average cost of a visit to Disneyland is $2.29, which includes admission to the Park, rides, amusements, souvenirs and parking.” You’ve seen and shown me a ticket from back then that has a price that is only 21 cents more. Man, I was way, way off base. Congratulations, you are right.

So, rather than keep beating a dead horse, what would be a more accurate figure for a day at DL in 1957? As you have already pointed out, admission and 7 tickets were $2.50 (in 1955). How much was parking back then? Did they charge for parking or was that included with the cost of admission? How much were souvenirs? Souvenirs back then wouldn’t have been too expensive and what would have been available would have been far more limited in both selection and cost than what’s typical today. So what would the total cost for admission, rides, amusements, souvenirs, and parking at DL have been back then? Would it be way off base to say that $5.00? If $5 is acceptable to you, and if the Inflation Calculator at http://www.westegg.com/inflation is reliable, then that $5 cost for DL would equate to $33.98 today. For fun, I would encourage you to compare that relative cost to what is actually spent at DL by a one-day guest but, honestly, I think we’re past the fun.

Why is it that so many of these discussions on this forum turn into nit-picky squabbles instead of light-hearted banter? Sorry, I may be misunderstanding you but this just frustrates me. But hey, I’m smilin’ :) sort of.

PintoColvig

scottnj1966 said:
Those numbers cant be right. They didnt have a one day pass back then.
You paid to get in and then the abcde tickets for the rides.
I didn't claim they had a one day pass back then nor did I claim that the rides weren't ticketed. Heck, I remember the ride tickets at WDW back in 1976.
Picky picky picky!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I said:
You are an idiot

I am a 24 year Old White Hispanic male, US Born and European Bred.

And just to reiterate, you are an idiot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PintoColvig said:

Let me reassure you that you did not break any rules by posting what you did. Fact checking does not stick in my craw but someone insisting that they are right and implying that those that disagree with you are idiots I do have a problem with. So many of these discussions turn into nit picky squabbles because most people will not admit that they could be wrong.

PintoColvig said:
:brick: Jeez, read my post again but slowly this time. The factoid read exactly like this: "The average cost of a visit to Disneyland is $2.29, which includes admission to the Park, rides, amusements, souvenirs and parking."

The rides were included in addition to park admission. Note also that the $2.29 amount also included souvenirs. The cost today that I gave ($81.50) didn't include an estimated cost of what souvenirs would be today.

Had you acknowledged the error instead of insulting people that very politely told you were incorrect I would not have even posted. Had your original post had something in it to the effect of “Can these numbers be right 523% increase seem a bit high” instead of comparing paying for Disney trips with a visit to the proctologist the situation could have been avoided as well.

Very frequently writers will modify statistical data to help prove a point and this was one of those times. Twisting facts around to suit a story seems to be pretty much common practice these days

From a personal standpoint I hold no ill will or grudge whatsoever. I was simply pointing out an error and a way to avoid making said error again.

Nemo14

Probably off topic, but I just wanted to add my $.02 here. When we were there in February, my family and my brothers family had only one day to spend at WDW. We already had our tickets from previous visits, but they do not go very often, so they had to purchase tickets at the park. For a 1-day park hopper, the cost was over $100 each, which I thought was pretty steep, even though I'm a true Disney fan. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom