what would you have done?

Debbie

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if I am an idiot or am I the type of person you'd like for a friend? Last night my husband found a purse as he was leaving an apartment complex. It was under some bushes. He called and asked what to do and I told him to bring it home and we would try to find the owner. Upon inspecting the purse we found $3000.00. So I told him to turn it over to the Sheriff's Office in the morning. Well the girl came forward and got her purse back and said she wanted to give my husband a reward and talk to him but she hasn't called yet. Now he is giving me a hard time about having to be a "do-gooder". But I couldn't live with myself keeping that money. It would have been nice and I could have been a PREMIUM contributer to this website. But NO, I chose to remain poor. What would you all have done?

The Mom

Premium Member
Debbie,

What we would do doesn't really matter. You showed your integrity and character by your actions...that's something money can't buy!

mightyduck

Debbie. I'm impressed. I think you can tell the real character of a person by how they behave when no one is looking.... And you did that. :)

CrisKennedy

I think you did the right thing. Besides, the money wasn't yours. It's nice to see that there are still some nice honest people out there. :)

astewart

I think you did the right thing. Imagine if it would have been your purse and 3000$, you would have been really happy to have it back.

I aplaud you on your honesty and only hope that there are more people in the world like you.

Congrats to you!! I hope you feel good with what you did.You would definalty be someone I would want for a friend. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tramp

Originally posted by Debbie
I could have been a PREMIUM contributer to this website. But NO, I chose to remain poor. What would you all have done?

I would've returned $2,995.00 and became a PREMIUM contributor to this website.:lookaroun

DisJosh

My mom left her purse behing in a carrage at a grocery store parking lot once. She had just over 5 thousand dollars in it (which was going to be deposited). I saw the look on her face when we got home and she couldn't find it. Luckily someone brought it inot the store and called my mother. So.........what you did was of course the right thing and you made someones bad day turn into a great one.

Maria

I would have done the same.... I wouldn´t be able to live with that feeling....

It´s nice to hear there are still nice, honest people in the world. Bravo for you!!
:)

Tink

Well done, Debbie. :sohappy:

I've had my purse/wallet stolen more than once and though I didn't have $3000, it is a terrible feeling. That girl must be feeling so good - all thanks to honest, honorable you! :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom