• Add Disney characters

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Add one side for any kind of coaster and keep the other side for kids

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

SirNim

Cats weren't meant to be dogs...

Rulers weren't meant to be staplers...

Epcot's trying to turn into a stapler...

It was designed to function as a ruler...

The way to make it better is to set it straight and make it be the best damn ruler it was designed to be!!

RPMdfw

I think that Epcot just needs to update Future World in terms of the technology portrayed, and add maybe a country or two in World Showcase. It defintely needs to remain true to it's original vision. While I don't want to see it become a "Coaster Park", I don't think a few more "Rides" would be bad, if they're integrated into the theme and ideology of the pavillion into which they're placed.

MKingdom25

I picked "Create more attractions with meaning and quality."

The problems I see with the other choices:
- Take away World Showcase or put in coasters with the pavilions, Replace some of the current rides with thrill rides:

This takes away from the whole educational/informational theme of Epcot. It also takes away from the uniqueness of the park and could make it just another thrill park.

- Add Disney characters

This would be OK in a very limited capacity but too many would seem out of place to me.

- Add one side for any kind of coaster and keep the other side for kids.

I think this again takes away from the educational theme. Most people (or alot) will not want to learn about the latest technology or other countries when they walked next door and ride the latest coaster.

That's my two cents.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by RPMdfw
I think that Epcot just needs to update Future World in terms of the technology portrayed, and add maybe a country or two in World Showcase. It defintely needs to remain true to it's original vision. While I don't want to see it become a "Coaster Park", I don't think a few more "Rides" would be bad, if they're integrated into the theme and ideology of the pavillion into which they're placed.
Although I don't Epcot should add many thrill rides, I agree for the most part with you RPMdfw.

As long as the overall theme of Epcot and they can incorporate things in, I would be up for possbile change.

goofyfan13

I have to go with rides with meaning. Epcot is drifting away from its whole idea of having the futuristic technology on rides. Yes, Mission: Space and TT and good additions to this idea, but the park should not entirely become thrill rides, which is kinda what project Gemini is gunning for from what I understand. I personally hope more rides like SE and American Adventure go up. Ones with great theme and follow the purpose EPCOT originally was intended to be. The classic rides are really outdated and the living seas is a waste of space right now. Yes another thrill ride would be good, but it shouldn't be a plain ride like Dueling Dragons, It should be something that people are going to talk about like people do the Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain.

Just my 2 cents.

Elaine

What Would Make Epcot Better?????

I LOVE Epcot just the way it is. So far everything that they have changed for whatever reason, was not an imrovement!!! I'm very worried about SE. I guess it would be nice to have some more countries in the World Showcase.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Disney is in a glorious position of having 4 parks in such close proximity. If it so desperate to go head to head with Universal let MGM become the major thrill park. Let MK develop organically and let Epcot fulfill Walts vision and dreams. Thast not to say have no thrill rides in these parks but try and stick closer to the ethos of fun for all the familly. if they insist in chasing the likes of generationzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, with their nano second attention span they wil achieve nothing. Even the shallow superficial kids of today have to eventually develop interests in something other than TV and image, I hope:brick:
Now thers an idea for epcot TV and imaging of the future.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by happy snapper
if they insist in chasing the likes of generationzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, with their nano second attention span they wil achieve nothing. Even the shallow superficial kids of today have to eventually develop interests in something other than TV and image, I hope:brick:
Now thers an idea for epcot TV and imaging of the future.

More "Insightful" wisdom from "The Greatest Generation".

Epcot needs to evolve with the times. If people want thrill rides then thats what Disney is going to produce. Todays children will be tomorrows paying customer.

I believe Mission: Space will combine the best of both worlds. Educational and thrilling. Now if we can get more rides like it in the park, it may just change everyones view of Epcot being a "boring educational park".

CREEKWAYNE

Maybe it is just me but it really doesn't matter either way. It is Disney.:king: I like it the way it is now and it could also use some new things. Either way, it is great.:sohappy: No matter what we talk about. There will always be someway of making something better or something that someone doesn't like. As long as the "atmosphere" never changes. It will always be a dream come true........:slurp:

General Grizz

Original Poster
I would have to vote for family and meaning: that's what Disney is for. I mean, if the whole place was for thrills or teens this way, kids this way, then why would we even call it Disney World? The magic that has always existed, I believe, exists from the bonds through family. People say their magic isn't real, but it's pretty much as real as it comes. Of course, quality plays an important role as well; this makes the attractions which we all share fun and enjoyable. Remember what it is for, what it has done, and how it can improve on its own foundation.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hmmm....

maybe it's the TiVo talking,

but I think they should add Monkey Theatre and Girls jumping on trampolines.

Oh yeah, and free beer for everyone of age

General Grizz

Original Poster
Hmmm, Rob, if you think about it you might just be right...

At the rate we're headed that just might be a community of tomorrow!!! :lol: :eek: :brick:

WDWspider

What is with all the coaster options? Why should EPCOT have a coaster period. EPCOT is a celebration park, it's focus is about things other than rides. I can't think of a single ride at EPCOT for that is not for the purpose of edutainment or just an alternative to view a story of sorts... why and/or how should coasters fit here. I know you a little Grizz, I think some other thread or conversation has sparked this, but it doesn't make sense to me. Out of your options I guess adding more Disney Characters into the parks would be the best idea, just to tie in closer to the Disney Family, but I'm not sure where you are going with this?

This could be the Professor Owl and Ludwig Von Drakes playground.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I have taken various Ideas I have heard from several threads, and merged them into one poll for the forums to vote on. I'm just trying to find what the forums in general thinks of collectively. So far, it's #2, but there are various other selections, which is fine, of course. I have my own opinions, but I just wanted to see what the general "public" of the forum thought based on what Disney may or may not be heading towards.

disneydisney

I would enjoy having a Switzerland pavillion with a type of Materhorn mountain ride and a Sorin' in the World Showcase.
Additionally, I dont really care to much for the new Figment ride but i like some parts of it like towards the end. I think they could fix this one up one more time. Thats what I thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom