What will it take to stop you from going to WDW?

What will it take to stop you from going to WDW?

• Attraction line system that actually makes the whole experience worse

• Escalating or out of control prices. Nickle & diming the customers

• Replacing favorite rides with IPs

• Removing favorite or beloved attractions

• Reduced entertainment like shows, fireworks, meet & greets, etc.

• Opening new rides with inferior effects

• Hate Disney management

• Overcrowded making it less enjoyable

• Disrepair or poor condition of the parks and rides

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

KBLovedDisney

"you grasp at the good stuff no matter how small the good stuff is versus facing the overwhelming long list of BAD stuff"
😭 😭 why did you drag this out of me!!! 😭 😭 YOU ARE RIGHT! My relationship with WDW is toxic!!! 😭
But thanks for helping me see the light.... 😭 sniff..
Oh nooooooo! My badddddd.... :(

Ignore me :D

spongebob-rainbow.gif

Goofyernmost

What they should do is eliminate the park reservation system completely.

Sorry for the seemingly angry rant, all. The "tragic" story of the old couple who were denied without resolution is really getting to me. :mad:🤣
They could go back to the original way plus eliminate FP. Just like it once was when the Guest directed themselves when and what park to go to. Even back in the beginning MK had days when it was full and days when it wasn't. We knew about that and went to different parks if it was too crowded.

They have a gazillion computers connected to the park. When they get to a certain number at any park they can just stop admittance if necessary. They currently can and, I'm sure, do know exactly how many people are in the parks at any time. They have separate entrances and exits. They know. Dropping FP would speed up lines at the attractions just like they used to do. It isn't unusual for any public place to have maximum numbers in the parks, simple, it monitors itself.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the 70 year old at Disneyland. I'm sure it ended up OK. We don't know the whole story. If it did happen, I am sure there is a good reason. Besides being someone in their 70's I know that we aren't all unaware of what the rules are but sometimes expect people to just do what we wanted because of our age. We are not unable to play the game of age vs. youth.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

They could go back to the original way plus eliminate FP. Just like it once was when the Guest directed themselves when and what park to go to. Even back in the beginning MK had days when it was full and days when it wasn't. We knew about that and went to different parks if it was too crowded.

They have a gazillion computers connected to the park. When they get to a certain number at any park they can just stop admittance if necessary. They currently can and, I'm sure, do know exactly how many people are in the parks at any time. They have separate entrances and exits. They know. Dropping FP would speed up lines at the attractions just like they used to do. It isn't unusual for any public place to have maximum numbers in the parks, simple, it monitors itself.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the 70 year old at Disneyland. I'm sure it ended up OK. We don't know the whole story. If it did happen, I am sure there is a good reason. Besides being someone in their 70's I know that we aren't all unaware of what the rules are but sometimes expect people to just do what we wanted because of our age. We are not unable to play the game of age vs. youth.
In my opinion, age has nothing to do with it. Everyone has been behind someone in the FastPass line and have no idea what a FastPass is. "Does this monorail go to the Animal park" and so on.

We on these boards we know how things work. WDW is part of our lives. There are folks who go to the parks who have no idea about anything in the parks because they don't care, it's just a visit to an amusement park.

My point is, for whatever reason person X could not get into the park with a ticket they payed for, there should be some sort of customer service.

This should be true for any goods or services you payed for.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
We on these boards we know how things work. WDW is part of our lives. There are folks who go to the parks who have no idea about anything in the parks because they don't care, it's just a visit to an amusement park.
Not no mo. Even if I wanted to go, I don't have confidence I'd get it all right, and I'm a moderately intelligent person.

Professortango1

The reservations are keeping me away. I have a long layover in Orlando in a few weeks and my friend and I were going to pop into the parks for a few hours on a Tuesday. Welp, weeks ahead of time every park but Epcot is sold out. So, instead of paying about $100 an hour to enjoy their park plus in park purchases, we'll be doing something else on our layover.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
We knew about that and went to different parks if it was too crowded.
You touch upon an unintended consequence. In times past if people felt that MK (or any park) was too busy for their liking, they could pop on over to Epcot, or another park. Now they are committed to staying with that one park, regardless of how busy it is.

Prior to the reservations there was some measure of self leveling occurring, i.e., people going to a less populated park (less being relative). I said this before, the reservation system removes freedoms from the consumer. I don't see spending 10k for a disney vacation and then being turned away at the gate because I forgot to make a reservation, OR my kids, being kids suddenly changed their minds, or some other reason.

If it did happen, I am sure there is a good reason
Good reason? There is no good reason for turning people away after they bought a ticket. You're right, it doesn't really matter that they were 70, because it would be just as sad for a family of 5 to be turned away from Magic kindom, simply because dad forgot to make a reservation.

Goofyernmost

Good reason? There is no good reason for turning people away after they bought a ticket. You're right, it doesn't really matter that they were 70, because it would be just as sad for a family of 5 to be turned away from Magic kindom, simply because dad forgot to make a reservation.
Because one is 70 does not exclude them from following the rules. My big point was that considering the way that news runs in our counties current state of massive fabrication and gullibility, I don't believe we are getting the whole story. There is more to this than we are being told. As a person in my 70's I resent the assumption that we are to addlebrained to know anything or be aware. If this story is completely true I'm sure that after it got out, they were taken care of a hundred fold.

Long ago there was a radio broadcaster named Paul Harvey. He had a program called "The Rest Of The Story" where he followed up on things that seemed terrible and put the part that we didn't hear about out on the airwaves. There is also an old saying that goes something like this. "I believe nothing that I hear or read and only half of what I see"!

GimpYancIent

There is no reason for Disney to have a park reservations requirement after patrons have purchased park tickets. If a limitation is needed, then don't sell as many tickets. As far as capacity and space, simply put Disney has the capacity and space, it has been very few (as in miniscule, rare) the instances the parks have briefly actually hit capacity. These days Disney is working hard to make it look like there is such great demand extra controls need to be in place. Bull! The demand is definitely no greater than in the past and with all the diminished services, price hikes, turning the parks into constructions zones and projected attractions not yet online those potential patrons considering going are holding off for when the parks actually do become fully operational and enjoyable. Age I do not see has anything to do with anything Disney irritates all the guests equally.

Ayla

Because one is 70 does not exclude them from following the rules. My big point was that considering the way that news runs in our counties current state of massive fabrication and gullibility, I don't believe we are getting the whole story. There is more to this than we are being told. As a person in my 70's I resent the assumption that we are to addlebrained to know anything or be aware. If this story is completely true I'm sure that after it got out, they were taken care of a hundred fold.

Long ago there was a radio broadcaster named Paul Harvey. He had a program called "The Rest Of The Story" where he followed up on things that seemed terrible and put the part that we didn't hear about out on the airwaves. There is also an old saying that goes something like this. "I believe nothing that I hear or read and only half of what I see"!
Paul Harvey probably isn't the best example of some moral paragon, but you're definitely misrepresenting what his "the rest of the story" segment was about.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Because one is 70 does not exclude them from following the rules
So you have zero compassion for a segment of the population that is generally lacking technological expertise, many retires are unaware of much of the details of what it takes for Disney. Its not about following the rules, but honoring and respecting our elders, especially since so many of them sacrificed so much to make our lives better.

I guess I'm done replying to you, since you take such a cold and unfeeling stance.

Goofyernmost

Paul Harvey probably isn't the best example of some moral paragon, but you're definitely misrepresenting what his "the rest of the story" segment was about.
When did I say anything about morality. My use was to try and frame the idea that there is almost always more to a story. Whether or not that can be believed depends on who or what is providing the rest of it, but that doesn't mean that the rest doesn't inform. It is highly unlikely that Mr. Harvey will be addressing this situation.

Goofyernmost

So you have zero compassion for a segment of the population that is generally lacking technological expertise, many retires are unaware of much of the details of what it takes for Disney. Its not about following the rules, but honoring and respecting our elders, especially since so many of them sacrificed so much to make our lives better.

I guess I'm done replying to you, since you take such a cold and unfeeling stance.
WTH, reply or don't, that is your right, however, you are talking about people younger by almost half a decade then I am. You act like you think that being 70 means old and feeble, both physically and mentally. So while you think I am cold and unfeeling, I think you are insulting and condescending. I can assure you that if they managed to get to Disneyland alone and unchaperoned they are not yet drooling in their pudding and are perfectly capable of at least acknowledging that they need help from someone more savvy. I'm just not buying that they were cruelly prevented from going in. And also, Disneyland is much more space conscience then the other parks.

NelleBelle

So reading the story of the elderly couple "denied admission" at DLR, it's interesting that the elderly couple didn't report this, only some twitter user who observed it and reported it. The story doesn't say whether the couple may have gone to guest services and had the issue resolved. The quote from the story:
"While there is no information on whether or not a Cast Member or Manager ultimately addressed this situation, we certainly hope this story had a happy ending for that elderly couple trying to visit the Happiest Place on Earth."

DarthVader

Sith Lord
The demand is definitely no greater than in the past and with all the diminished services, price hikes, turning the parks into constructions zones and projected attractions not yet online those potential patrons considering going are holding off for when the parks actually do become fully operational and enjoyable. Age I do not see has anything to do with anything Disney irritates all the guests equally.
Time will tell to be sure, I've said this before, disney vacations required such advance planning, that any downturn won't be seen/noticed until the following year.

There will still be people wanting/desiring to go disney, and truth be told, I suspect that they'll not really notice any sort of downturn, or if they do, it may be minimal - at least in the short term.

mysto

There is no reason for Disney to have a park reservations requirement after patrons have purchased park tickets.

Disney must be using the reservations to predict how many people will attend each park each day so they can set staffing levels. They probably used FP+ reservations to do this but those 30 day ressies are gone, only day-of now,.which is not far enough in advance to change staffing.

So IMO there is a reason, it's not a great one and it serves management rather than guests. In a way asking them to do away with reservations is asking for FP+ back. They could maybe use ticket sales and restaurant reservations, but they require some guesswork compared to park reservations or FP+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom