• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What will happen when the Skyliner breaks down?

eliza61nyc

I disagree. You can always walk away from those attractions if the burden becomes too great. With the Skyliner you're stuck and there is no escape until the rescue squad comes to your aid. It could very well become overwhelming for people who suffer from acrophobia, claustrophobia, osmophobia, thermophobia, aquaphobia, anthropophobia, halitophobia and/or hyperhidrosis.
one would think if one had anthropophobia (fear of people), one would avoid Disney in the first place. just sayin'

Lands of Wonder

Days ruined, that’s it but it’s a simple system, you would think there would be a manual backup motor just to get everyone off in a timely matter

danlb_2000

Premium Member
SIAP, but have there been any photos of these things operating with actual human people in them, for scale? I know the official published capacity is 10 passengers, but that strikes me as a bit optimistic.
Someone calculated that with 10 people you would have 18 inches of bench per person.

Lensman

Premium Member
Someone calculated that with 10 people you would have 18 inches of bench per person.
That's about the amount of space available to a standard economy seat on an airplane, which is 17-18 inches. Closer to 17 inches on a 737 and 18 inches on an A320.

Typical bus seats are 17.5 inches wide.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
I disagree. You can always walk away from those attractions if the burden becomes too great. With the Skyliner you're stuck and there is no escape until the rescue squad comes to your aid. It could very well become overwhelming for people who suffer from acrophobia, claustrophobia, osmophobia, thermophobia, aquaphobia, anthropophobia, halitophobia and/or hyperhidrosis.
Not to mention phobophobia...

Top Bottom