What will happen when the Skyliner breaks down?

Goofyernmost

Looks like it'll be a fun ride though

Hate to point out the obvious, but, an empty chair lift blowing in the wind is being shown up by the one along side it with people in it that is perfectly stable. Scare tactic 101... it won't work if there is immediate contradictory proof right along side it. Plus a chair lift is not a Gondola.

Disstevefan1

This is my only worry about the gondolas. As long as they are moving there will be air flow. I fear once thay stop in the Florida heat, they are going to get hot fast I think. And if they fill them to capacity, you could get stuck, hot, with no air circulation, in a full gondola, with strangers

Jon81uk

This is my only worry about the gondolas. As long as they are moving there will be air flow. I fear once thay stop in the Florida heat, they are going to get hot fast I think. And if they fill them to capacity, you could get stuck, hot, with no air circulation, in a full gondola, with strangers
Exactly the same can be said about the monorail, if there was power failure and the AC stops, then you are stuck with no air circulation in a full monorail cabin with strangers.

Disney.Mike

Hate to point out the obvious, but, an empty chair lift blowing in the wind is being shown up by the one along side it with people in it that is perfectly stable. Scare tactic 101... it won't work if there is immediate contradictory proof right along side it. Plus a chair lift is not a Gondola.

I dont know. Its possible that due to the terrain the chair on the left side was seeing more wind. I bet if the riders position was swapped he would have easily been flung out of the chair that was facing the terrible wind.

lazyboy97o

The rope stopping doesn’t close the ventilation openings. Passive ventilation means taking a different design approach to an envelope, not the super sealed boxes we are so used to that are required to constantly force mechanically cooled or heated air into spaces that completely ignore their environment.

Disstevefan1

The rope stopping doesn’t close the ventilation openings. Passive ventilation means taking a different design approach to an envelope, not the super sealed boxes we are so used to that are required to constantly force mechanically cooled or heated air into spaces that completely ignore their environment.

Agreed, its high enough that it should be a breeze even when standing still. Let's hope.

Disstevefan1

Exactly the same can be said about the monorail, if there was power failure and the AC stops, then you are stuck with no air circulation in a full monorail cabin with strangers.

Agreed, but the gondolas look to be more claustrophobic then the monorails. I rarely felt packed in when in the monorails.

We were once evacuated from the monorails in the middle of the loop away from any platform. It was pouring rain and lightning. Fortunately, we were over land. They drove over one of thoes trucks with the steel stairs mounted to the back like the airlines have. We climbed down and I had thought there would be a bus, but no, it was every person for them selves, here we are running through the pouring rain and thunder. Fortunately, we saw the Poly and ran right to it. I had to laugh, the first couple of doors were locked until I found an open door to get in from the pouring rain and lightning.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
SIAP, but have there been any photos of these things operating with actual human people in them, for scale? I know the official published capacity is 10 passengers, but that strikes me as a bit optimistic.

legwand77

Standing the in Tomorrow land speedway or BTM standby line for an hour+ is much worse.

Goofyernmost

Hate to point out the obvious but he was making a joke. This whole thread is a joke.
Wonderful reply... but, all this thread as done is rekindle that argument that they are going to be unsafe. If someone makes a "joke" then use something to indicate that it was a joke. It is very hard to read minds on a message board. I posted what I posted to head off some irrational fear.

FettFan

What will happen when the Skyliner breaks down?

It will stop.

giphy.gif

HAMMERTIME.

Phil12

Standing the in Tomorrow land speedway or BTM standby line for an hour+ is much worse.
I disagree. You can always walk away from those attractions if the burden becomes too great. With the Skyliner you're stuck and there is no escape until the rescue squad comes to your aid. It could very well become overwhelming for people who suffer from acrophobia, claustrophobia, osmophobia, thermophobia, aquaphobia, anthropophobia, halitophobia and/or hyperhidrosis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom